PDA

View Full Version : Hi, remember me? (Ephatch+Rant=new username)

EKthenEPnow
07-04-2003, 05:57 PM
My username used to be Will2k2.

Recently (last friday) I was banned for speaking my mind and calling a spade a spade(with regards to poor moderating and general lack of Managerial Cohesion here at EPhatch)

In my dealings with several Moderators I admittedly lost my cool (one of my cats had also been put down that day).

However, my beef remains.

Several mods have taken the power entrusted them and abused it.

This site is supposed to be about sharing information, learning, helping new owners etc.............

NOT:
-Who is the coolest
-Who has the most modifications to his/her EP
-Who has the most posts
-Who is the mod that everyone hero-worships
-Who thinks they know everything

When I first joined I refrained from posting ALOT, I would only post when someone either hadn't responded with a correct answer or had posted mis-information.

Eventually I started posting more and more frequently, and I'm sure like most of you mature enough to admit, I've had posts (deleted, moved, edited) most of which just for the sake of power and control over "lesser members" (ie: me) by Moderators.

This is wrong!

When I have pointed out, numerous times in the past, small aberrations in the consistency of the forum, I have never once recieved a thanks or a even a heads up from a Mod or Admin.

Feel free to discuss:

BTW I'll give you some background so you know where I'm coming from

29yrs old, College educated, modding cars since 87, Competition level Car-audio installation since 1990, IASCA competitor 1993-1997, IASCA judge 1997-1999, I've done SOLO 1/SOLO 2 racing, I've got over 250 1/4mi runs under my belt(numerous cars), I've driven just about everything, etc.etc..etc.....

Point being, I'm not a newbie with cars, I'm not a newbie with Caraudio, I'm not a newbie with MSG boards, I'm not a newbie.

I know there are several more people here just like me, (helpful,knowledgeable, ............)

Don't drive us away. You (Admins and Mods) WANT more people like us to make EPHatch a better experience for everyone!!!!!

This is one of the reasons that EPhatch isn't taken more seriously (compared to Honda-tech, Clubsi, VwVortex, FreshAlloy, etc...) Because often times it just seems like a bunch of young people all in a pissing match and all spewing miss-information.

Thanks for listening.

BTW, provided I stick around, if I'm ever in a post that doesn't get answered shoot me a PM and ask your question.

p.s., Moving this thread to the "feedback" forum is totally the wrong move!!!!!!!.

Trust yourself

Thanks

Will

trk
07-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by EKthenEPnow
My username used to be Will2k2.

Recently (last friday) I was banned for speaking my mind and calling a spade a spade(with regards to poor moderating and general lack of Managerial Cohesion here at EPhatch)

In my dealings with several Moderators I admittedly lost my cool (one of my cats had also been put down that day).

However, my beef remains.

Several mods have taken the power entrusted them and abused it.

This site is supposed to be about sharing information, learning, helping new owners etc.............

NOT:
-Who is the coolest
-Who has the most modifications to his/her EP
-Who has the most posts
-Who is the mod that everyone hero-worships
-Who thinks they know everything

When I first joined I refrained from posting ALOT, I would only post when someone either hadn't responded with a correct answer or had posted mis-information.

Eventually I started posting more and more frequently, and I'm sure like most of you mature enough to admit, I've had posts (deleted, moved, edited) most of which just for the sake of power and control over "lesser members" (ie: me) by Moderators.

This is wrong!

When I have pointed out, numerous times in the past, small aberrations in the consistency of the forum, I have never once recieved a thanks or a even a heads up from a Mod or Admin.

Feel free to discuss:

BTW I'll give you some background so you know where I'm coming from

29yrs old, College educated, modding cars since 87, Competition level Car-audio installation since 1990, IASCA competitor 1993-1997, IASCA judge 1997-1999, I've done SOLO 1/SOLO 2 racing, I've got over 250 1/4mi runs under my belt(numerous cars), I've driven just about everything, etc.etc..etc.....

Point being, I'm not a newbie with cars, I'm not a newbie with Caraudio, I'm not a newbie with MSG boards, I'm not a newbie.

I know there are several more people here just like me, (helpful,knowledgeable, ............)

Don't drive us away. You (Admins and Mods) WANT more people like us to make EPHatch a better experience for everyone!!!!!

This is one of the reasons that EPhatch isn't taken more seriously (compared to Honda-tech, Clubsi, VwVortex, FreshAlloy, etc...) Because often times it just seems like a bunch of young people all in a pissing match and all spewing miss-information.

Thanks for listening.

BTW, provided I stick around, if I'm ever in a post that doesn't get answered shoot me a PM and ask your question.

p.s., Moving this thread to the "feedback" forum is totally the wrong move!!!!!!!.

Trust yourself

Thanks

Will

I agree 100%.

I went through the same thing. I was banned, I spoke my mind and was banned, I returned, made a post similiar to this and was once again banned and the thread was deleted. I think EPHatch could be a great site with a little tlc and common sense.... and thats something every mod here lacks.

Oh well.
Peace.

EKthenEPnow
07-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks for at least replying!!!!

Can't understand how so many people have viewed this and not have an opinion

Or is it that they are afraid?

siver-SI
07-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Well I am not afraid to reply but since I do not know anything about what happened and I do not know how many here do how can you reply to something that you do not know anything about.

civic hatch boi
07-04-2003, 07:00 PM
mods wanna be gods. they will ban ya if they dont like ya. period. i know some mods that talk nothing about cars, just post pics of their pride and joy. and that's supposed to be helpfuL? i agree with ya 100% too..

furious
07-04-2003, 07:02 PM
afraid of what? that's silly...if this site is really so bad that the admin/mods would ban for speaking their minds then what is there to be afraid of?...being banned in a place where we probably shouldn't be? I agree with you, but of course I haven't quite experienced such pain. I hope what you have said is not generally true and are only exceptions cause it would be nice to have a place that isn't just a tightknit community of ego-boosters...if such is the case - which I don't think - then for the love of God just let US ALL know and we'll decide whether we want to stick with to kiss some ass and hopefully learned something or just piss off and enjoy our sport elsewhere...

ALCT
07-04-2003, 07:42 PM
I support you.

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Can't understand how so many people have viewed this and not have an opinion
Or is it that they are afraid?

see, thats the kind of comments that probablly got you banned in the first place......why are you provoking?

i just read this post......i am not scared in the least, its just words. i am sorry for your experience but maybe in their eyes it was for the best ......i dont personally remember any huge rants from you but that doesnt mean they werent there.

if you are posting in the wrong forum then it deserves to be moved or deleted. if you cant follow instructions, thats what you get. AGAIN -- not saying thats what happened, cause i dont know, but just speakin the truth.

sounds like your very knowledgeable in automotive stuffage......thats wonderful! glad to see that your back. however, please dont be like some OTHERS on here that post absolutely USELESS comments that dont add anything to the thread but an attitude to others.......if your one of those trolls, then you deserve to get banned......they know who i am referring to. :cool:

ssvr6
07-04-2003, 09:00 PM
I'll openly admit I'm the one that banned you. You were spamming posts that you thought were in the wrong forum. Unfortunately, it's not your place to decide that. If you think something's in the wrong place, and you think it should be moved, report the post and send us a message.

I asked you stop spamming the posts and that I was only going to ask once. You replied with... (and I quote)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ssvr6 wrote on 06-27-2003 01:12 PM:
Please stop spamming the threads. This will be the only time I ask.

Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry asshole,

Fuck you and have a lovely day

NOW TRY TO APPLY THE SAME BULLSHIT MODERATING TO ALL THE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immediately after reading this, you were banned.

Now that the complete story is out, I'm sure that many will side with my move. If you don't, that's fine. It's a free country.

Now, here it is, plain and simple and out in the open AGAIN.

If you post in the wrong forum, it will be moved. You will not be notified, you will not be warned, it will just be moved.

If you post things that are VERY questionable (like the Alyssa Milano nip pic, even though I liked it) it will be moved or deleted. (In this case, It was deleted.)

If you can't follow the posting format in the members' rides section, it will be moved or deleted.

Simple requests I think.

I hope that this time around you can understand the above and not feel that we're taking advantage for whatever reason. I really have much better things to do with my time than be berated on this site and have power trips with users.

Steve

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 09:12 PM
yeah dude, you were outta line, you deserved to get banned.

that was a pretty dumb comment of you. and know your place, stop tryin to be a moderhater. just chill and follow instruction...alot of other members dont seem to have a problem with that idea.

steve you took it a hell of alot better than i would have.....thats why your a moderator and i am not! lol

SmoothOperator
07-04-2003, 09:34 PM
You deleted the Alyssa Milano thread?!?!?!!? BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ALCT
07-04-2003, 09:41 PM
wow, I didn't know this part of the story, sorry but cursing = bad business.

ssvr6 can you be more specific on this:

If you post things that are VERY questionable (like the Alyssa Milano nip pic, even though I liked it) it will be moved or deleted. (In this case, It was deleted.)
deleted because it was x rated or what?

FailureToStop
07-04-2003, 09:57 PM
I remember Will2k2 basically calling me an idiot for asking if a cold air in an Ebay auction was for an EP.

I thought he had cooled down. I guess not.

ssvr6
07-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ALCT
wow, I didn't know this part of the story, sorry but cursing = bad business.

ssvr6 can you be more specific on this:

deleted because it was x rated or what?

Yeah, DownTheHatch isn't really happy with the flood of nudity on the site. This is a EP Civic site, not "tits galore".

While a few links to funny things here and there are "ok", attaching images of naked girls (even with the warning) really has very little to do with the site.

Don't you think?

Steve

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by FailureToStop
I remember Will2k2 basically calling me an idiot for asking if a cold air in an Ebay auction was for an EP.

i guess you are an idiot in his eyes, he is a car GOD by what his background says. i also am getting the idea that he thinks cause he knows everything about cars that he can talk to anyone in any way he wants?? :( :rolleyes:

TheWevel
07-05-2003, 12:30 AM
If you don't like the way this place is run, set up your own ep message board. In the mean time...follow the rules.

SHAKEnBAKE
07-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6

Steve

BOOOOOOO!!!! BOOOOOO!!!

Nice move on banning him, tho.

But please give us back our Alyssa Milano.:(

:D :D

LordKoo
07-05-2003, 01:34 AM
EKthenEPnow, whatever your name is.

This site is not democrat. Why? It is privately setup and owned! Second of all, the owner of this website and some of the moderators who have their own website definitely made some deal with those vendors for some deals that none of us would know about it. Therefore it is essential that they want to keep majority happy here. And your opinion has no space in this place if you are out of line pissing people off (which is like screaming away customers). Unless you are shouting and screaming in public which is your entitlement.

Bad day or not, you have learn to control your anger and temper. This website is mostly for people to share information, and friendliness and cohension is definitely a must.

Best regards,

chubbychu
07-05-2003, 01:43 AM
my my, from one side to another....the first like 8 posts we PRO- WIll the last couple posts were pro-Moderator....Dun dun dun ::cue the dramatic music::: lol...actually from my point of view even though im not sure what is going on...Even if you know a lot about cars and stuff(which is REALLY good)...its not your place to decided whats wrong and whats right. Actually you arent even the one providing the site, so be nice and relax and enjoy what u have. without this site...where would we be? lol anyways there is no need for profanity or making your point by being rude. Theres many things you can say by being Civilized...like that one blacksvt (??) guy....man, people used to bash and be mean and stuff to him but he just stayed calm. used reasoning and nice words to make his point....that= GOOOD
what u said = BADDD....lol whatever...just my input on this mess...

SiR Medic
07-05-2003, 04:45 AM
Sorry Will...

You may indeed know your stuff when it comes to racing and modifying...

But... ON THIS BOARD you have, in the past, come across as condescending, rude, and obnoxious.

You once flamed someone for not knowing how to change his headlight bulbs!

The way you were posting insulting messages to the Moderators, I'm surprised that you didn't get banned sooner!

Although you are knowledgeable, your attitude on this board has been horrible. Every time a post of yours got deleted or moved, you acted like it was a personal attack! Don't be so paranoid!

Try and be a little more civil-minded, and I'm sure things will go a little smoother this time around!

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
mods wanna be gods. they will ban ya if they dont like ya. period. i know some mods that talk nothing about cars, just post pics of their pride and joy. and that's supposed to be helpfuL? i agree with ya 100% too..

Thanks

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by ALCT
I support you.

Thank you

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi

see, thats the kind of comments that probablly got you banned in the first place......why are you provoking?

i just read this post......i am not scared in the least, its just words. i am sorry for your experience but maybe in their eyes it was for the best ......i dont personally remember any huge rants from you but that doesnt mean they werent there.

I'm not trying to incite something, I'm just trying to get people thinking.

I am so adamant about this that I want everyone to be engaged and aware

Will

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 06:30 AM
I'll openly admit I'm the one that banned you. You were spamming posts that you thought were in the wrong forum. Unfortunately, it's not your place to decide that. If you think something's in the wrong place, and you think it should be moved, report the post and send us a message.

I asked you stop spamming the posts and that I was only going to ask once. You replied with... (and I quote)

quote:

ssvr6 wrote on 06-27-2003 01:12 PM:
Please stop spamming the threads. This will be the only time I ask.

Now that the complete story is out, I'm sure that many will side with my move. If you don't, that's fine. It's a free country.

Now, here it is, plain and simple and out in the open AGAIN.

I hope that this time around you can understand the above and not feel that we're taking advantage for whatever reason. I really have much better things to do with my time than be berated on this site and have power trips with users.

Steve

Dear SSVr6

Its not about Sides or having your cronnies at your feet(as you do)

Granted I was spamming posts, thats what I've been reduced to.

-I HAVE SENT PM's and E-MAILS to mods and Admins before!!!!!!

-I HAVE POINTED OUT some BLATANT issues in the past

-AND NEVER EVER BEEN acted upon or listened to!!!

Do you have a PHd in Condescending to people?

Geez you're doing it again!

This is a public/free forum created to share knowledge and experiences of a car we all have in common.

Not an excercise in Policing the other guy.

Comeon now, think of it. Isn't all this Nazi style moderating just a little much?

Especially when there are much MUCH more blatant abuses of the simple rules that have been established?

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by FailureToStop

Sorry but

-open hood take a look
-look at E-bay auction (notice intake is CLEARLY) never
ever going to fit EP

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 06:33 AM

i guess you are an idiot in his eyes, he is a car GOD by what his background says. i also am getting the idea that he thinks cause he knows everything about cars that he can talk to anyone in any way he wants?? :( :rolleyes:

Whatever dude

If you were in the post (E-bay intake)you would have agreed

iVtec si
07-05-2003, 07:12 AM
can't we all just get along? ssvr6 is just doing his job!

who cares who has more knowledge, we're all here to help

eachother out and gain more knowledge and share experiences.

why must it always be such a childish thing that gets everyone all

worked up? I can understand both points of this to an extent. But

whatever that's just my 2 cents.

02SilverSiHB
07-05-2003, 07:48 AM
Whoops, I didn't know that the pics of alyssa in the desert was kinda rated x. I had received the email over a government computer and the admin guys are really picky about what goes over the email. So I thought it would have been okay to put the nip pics in the out there forum. I had no idea DTH would be against that :angel: sorry

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by iVtec si
can't we all just get along? ssvr6 is just doing his job!

who cares who has more knowledge, we're all here to help

eachother out and gain more knowledge and share experiences.

why must it always be such a childish thing that gets everyone all

worked up? I can understand both points of this to an extent. But

whatever that's just my 2 cents.

ITs not about knowledge for me, I just stated some of that stuff so that people know where I am coming from.

My beef is that its the "moderating" that is wrong more often than what the Members Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbecker333
07-05-2003, 08:02 AM

A little modesty goes a long way. If you know so much, I'm not sure why you feel the need to list it all.

AlBlueCar
07-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Hey ssvr6! You're totally oppressin us man! You never let us post on any threads about anything ever! And you do allow nudie pics on a Forum dedicated to cars! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. GIVE IT A FREAKIN REST!!! SO YOU GOT BANNED SO YOU HAD LIKE A ONE DAY DOWNTIME, SO YOU GET A NEW MEMBERSHIP AND THE FIRST THING YOU DO? YOU TRY TO INCITE A GODDAMN FORUM RIOT! YOU'RE NOT SHARING YOUR WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE WITH US NOW ARE YA?!?! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST GIVE IT UP!

(My angriest post ever and i'm still sarcastic)

(I hope "The Man" doesn't put me down now for posting:rolleyes: :p )

Type X
07-05-2003, 08:24 AM
Real my title :)

Will u and i have been enemies
than friends than enemies than friends

i think now we are in the friends zone :)

some people on internet boards come off as jackoff's
and i am by far not a pussy in real life :cool:

ephatch limits the power the mods have

i think the whol site needs some tweaking but again

dont have the power

- Mike

02SilverSiHB
07-05-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar

solid my brother, solid. http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000066F38.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

AlBlueCar
07-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Rock on brutha

furious
07-05-2003, 08:33 AM

Dear SSVr6

Its not about Sides or having your cronnies at your feet(as you do)

Granted I was spamming posts, thats what I've been reduced to.

-I HAVE SENT PM's and E-MAILS to mods and Admins before!!!!!!

-I HAVE POINTED OUT some BLATANT issues in the past

-AND NEVER EVER BEEN acted upon or listened to!!!

Do you have a PHd in Condescending to people?

Geez you're doing it again!

This is a public/free forum created to share knowledge and experiences of a car we all have in common.

you're sounding more emotional and less credible...maybe this should stop and why not just let this new ID of yours ride it out...

why must this issue be 'sided'...like you said, it ain't about sides so just leave this shitz be..

cbecker333
07-05-2003, 08:33 AM
JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST GIVE IT UP!

That is correct, but the judges are telling me we also would have accepted:
"Jesus Christ in a chicken basket"

SmoothOperator
07-05-2003, 08:36 AM
^^or perhaps "Jumpin Jesus on a Pogo stick".

AlBlueCar
07-05-2003, 08:42 AM
I'll try those out next time, "tapdancing christ" is my major exclamation.

EPHatchgirl
07-05-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333

That is correct, but the judges are telling me we also would have accepted:
"Jesus Christ in a chicken basket"

BUT, I am sorry.... Jesus Christ takin Bong hits will not do.... survey SAYS!? Only 8% of people used that term to describe how kewl dude thinks he is....

VBSI
07-05-2003, 08:48 AM
I will admit that I get a little hostile myself once in a while(when stupidity pisses me off), and I rant. Never has a mod (like Steve), said one word to me, since they could probably see that the reaction was justified. However, if you would have replied with those exact comments to me-I would have banned you as well. Simple common sense would dictate that if you would like a person (Steve) to comply with your wishes by calling him an asshole, you are sadly mistaken. You are a college graduate so these things are probably already understood, but not so easily practiced.

IownAmaxima
07-05-2003, 09:19 AM
Is he banned again yet? He's even more of an asshole than me!

BTW dickhead, the forum is not "free/public"... it's private and that means follow their rules or take your ball and go home.

And I didn't see "moderator" under your name, so it's not your job to worry about such stuff as where posts are, what's in them, etc. If something is 'wrong' click the little "report this post" link and then move on...

geez... I wish my life was so utterly void of social interaction and self-fulfillment that I could put "is this post in the appropriate place?" on top of my to-do list.

Papa Bear
07-05-2003, 09:25 AM
I think that some tact and respect is in order when communicting with people on these boards. Lets act like adults and things will move much smoother. Will, I would have banned you too. I don't care how much you know about cars, that doesn't give you the right to be beligerent to anybody on this board without having to pay the consequences. Mutual respect goes a long way for everybody on this board. Tact is nice too. For instance if we don't prefer someones car we could either say you don't like it or it isn't your style. There is really no need to tell the guy his car should be set on fire or that is looks like ass. As far as nudity goes, I respect Downthehatch's decision not to turn ephatch into a cheesy car porn site. There are other sites that fullfill this need. I come here to learn about my car and I think this site is an invaluable resource for anyone that owns an ep and have had no problems with anyone. You have to remember that everone was a beginner at one time. If someone doesn't know what a cold air intake is, simply explain it to him/her rather that make them feel ashamed for asking the question. This will eventually ruin this site because people will feel hesitant to share their ideas for fear that they will be ridiculed and that just ain't cool! Thankfully the members that act like this are the minority. Keep up the good work Mods.

SinisterCivicSi
07-05-2003, 09:42 AM
QUOTE]Originally posted by EKthenEPnow

Whatever dude

If you were in the post (E-bay intake)you would have agreed [/QUOTE]

oh and DUDE....I'm a lady.......respect.....

lol you get 2 people that say "i support you" and you think your the man now? it doesnt make a bit of difference, if you act like a jerk your gone. your just mad cause steve busted you out with your pm you sent him..

anyways......since you are such a self proclaimed "Car God" and you know everything and we are all knuckle draggin idiots.....
it never crossed your mind to HELP someone? we all have to start somewhere. when i got my first honda, i had no clue where the intake was and that huge ass black box was it. I LEARNED. now you cant get me outta my engine. you had to learn too, how quickly we forget where we came from.

that kid askin about the intake was totally justified in asking....this is a forum to get HELP not bash each other cause we dont know something. and people like you are why import enthusiasts arent taken seriously, cause you walk around with a goddam chip on your shoulder and take it out on everyone else.
if you wanna act like that, go elsewhere. you deserved to get banned by your stupid comments and nasty temper.

remember.....regardless of "free speech" or whatever your screamin......this is a Private forum and if you cant deal with it Mr. Car God, start your own so you can bad mouth every member away. deal with the forum rules or get lost.

:rolleyes

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333

A little modesty goes a long way. If you know so much, I'm not sure why you feel the need to list it all.

Theres actually alot more than what I posted.

My point was trying to explain that I am not some 16yr/old newbie acting all immature and not knowing a thing, then acting the fool.

I think I (along with 95% of members) deserve better than what we often recieve.

Comeon, an indefinite ban by ssvr6, and read what he wrote, tell me it isn't power tripping

BTW -- Will2K2 is on a "temporary hiatus" until he can calm down. Let's everyone not get all crazy over this.

Thanks guys,

Steve

I'm not a 6yr old, I don't need to "Calm down"

I will readily admit that I was pissed, but haven't we all been at one point or another?

cbecker333
07-05-2003, 10:00 AM

Theres actually alot more than what I posted.

You left credentials off the list? Wow, thanks for mentioning that cuz now we're even MORE impressed.

Where's that lock @?

Riot in progress.....

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by IownAmaxima
Is he banned again yet? He's even more of an asshole than me!

Banning for speaking my mind?

BTW dickhead, the forum is not "free/public"... it's private and that means follow their rules or take your ball and go home.

No money is charged to join
Anyone can join(regardless of car)
Anyone can post
The site/forum is viewable to anyone with net access.

if that isn't the definition of "free/public" , I don't know what is

And I didn't see "moderator" under your name, so it's not your job to worry about such stuff as where posts are, what's in them, etc. If something is 'wrong' click the little "report this post" link and then move on...

Who police's the Moderators????

geez... I wish my life was so utterly void of social interaction and self-fulfillment that I could put "is this post in the appropriate place?" on top of my to-do list.

its actually quite low on my list, infact I waited an entire week before some free time came up and I posted this thread

Peking
07-05-2003, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AlBlueCar
[B]Hey ssvr6! You're totally oppressin us man! You never let us post on any threads about anything ever! And you do allow nudie pics on a Forum dedicated to cars! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. GIVE IT A FREAKIN REST!!! SO YOU GOT BANNED SO YOU HAD LIKE A ONE DAY DOWNTIME, SO YOU GET A NEW MEMBERSHIP AND THE FIRST THING YOU DO? YOU TRY TO INCITE A GODDAMN FORUM RIOT! YOU'RE NOT SHARING YOUR WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE WITH US NOW ARE YA?!?! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST GIVE IT UP!

Are you talking about Steve. I thought he took alittle break, not get banned.

Jon

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Papa Bear
I don't care how much you know about cars, that doesn't give you the right to be beligerent to anybody on this board without having to pay the consequences.

It really had nothing to do with anything other than to explain I'm not a Troll, not a Newb, not a smack talker, etc...

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 10:08 AM
QUOTE]

lol you get 2 people that say "i support you" and you think your the man now?

No , not it at all. Just acknowledging someone for seeing eye to eye with me (as you can tell I'm kinda getting trashed here)

QUOTE]
it doesnt make a bit of difference, if you act like a jerk your gone. your just mad cause steve busted you out with your pm you sent him..

No, not it at all.

I readily admit being a little out of line.

QUOTE]
anyways......since you are such a self proclaimed "Car God" and you know everything and we are all knuckle draggin idiots.....
it never crossed your mind to HELP someone? we all have to start somewhere.

I have never self-proclaimed, and I have helped on several occasions

QUOTE]
that kid askin about the intake was totally justified in asking....this is a forum to get HELP not bash each other cause we dont know something. and people like you are why import enthusiasts arent taken seriously, cause you walk around with a goddam chip on your shoulder and take it out on everyone else.
if you wanna act like that, go elsewhere. you deserved to get banned by your stupid comments and nasty temper.

Justified in asking = yes
Did 1 tiny bit of research first = no

QUOTE]
remember.....regardless of "free speech" or whatever your screamin......this is a Private forum and if you cant deal with it Mr. Car God, start your own so you can bad mouth every member away. deal with the forum rules or get lost.

If its so private mayber there needs to be a member fee and/or proof of ownership before joining?

Peking
07-05-2003, 10:09 AM
Also for the 8 months that I have been on this site I have read about some people getting banned, or their threads being moved or deleted, so what. I have made some mistakes, they fixed it who cares. I agree with keeping the site well org. Also even though I liked the Milano thread, it wasn't right for this site.

I say if you don't like what's going on here, leave. Not trying to be mean, just getting tired of seeing this crap. Some of you really need to just let it go.

Jon

02TafWhtSi
07-05-2003, 10:11 AM

Yeah, DownTheHatch isn't really happy with the flood of nudity on the site. This is a EP Civic site, not "tits galore".

While a few links to funny things here and there are "ok", attaching images of naked girls (even with the warning) really has very little to do with the site.

Don't you think?

Steve

Even if it's located in the "off topic" section?

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Hey ssvr6! You're totally oppressin us man! You never let us post on any threads about anything ever! And you do allow nudie pics on a Forum dedicated to cars! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. GIVE IT A FREAKIN REST!!! SO YOU GOT BANNED SO YOU HAD LIKE A ONE DAY DOWNTIME, SO YOU GET A NEW MEMBERSHIP AND THE FIRST THING YOU DO? YOU TRY TO INCITE A GODDAMN FORUM RIOT! YOU'RE NOT SHARING YOUR WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE WITH US NOW ARE YA?!?! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST GIVE IT UP!

(My angriest post ever and i'm still sarcastic)

I was banned indefinetely
I was never e-mailed to explain(how long, why, when, how)
I was never given further feedback other than

time to calm down

My first user profile "Will2k2" is STILL locked down!!!!

When was I going to be "allowed" back into the site?
Would I have had to "beg" for , forgiveness?
Was I expected to pay some penalty for my dis-obedience?

ssvr6
07-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Well, I'm actually not a mod, I'm an admin. So DTH and I are the one's that "police" the other moderators. (With DTH being the end all be all decision maker.)

This isn't my site, it's DTH's. Yes, it's free, yes it's public, HOWEVER, it is privately owned and operated. If you don't like the rules set forth, don't post here.

If you go to the "local" market and crap on the floor, would it be acceptable? I mean, it's public, you don't HAVE to buy anything there right? It's the same principle. (Just a tad more graphic..)

Now please, stop trying to "rise up" and "free the EPHatch slaves". If you're looking for a worth while cause, Green Peace and the Peace Corps are always looking for volunteers.

Good luck,

Steve

SinisterCivicSi
07-05-2003, 10:18 AM
If its so private mayber there needs to be a member fee and/or proof of ownership before joining?

whatever dude you got all the answers and i see you think your never wrong.....AND you wanna have the last word.

your not worth arguing with, you have been told you were wrong, deal.

stop complaining or leave, plain and simple. we have all gotten pissed before and maybe taken things too far, but you took it to a totally higher level.

and dude was doing some research......HE CAME HERE FIRST TO ASK AND GET INFO. seems like the only nazi on here is you....

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Okay this is probably my last word

here is the true heart of the issue.

I fucked up(according to Ephatch) so:

I was banned indefinetely
I was never e-mailed to explain(how long, why, when, how)
I was never given further feedback
Nobody gave me explanation, or justification for how it was being dealt with

etc...

its this acting and doing things by Mods and Admins without having to justify it to the Members thats got me , miffed

My first user profile "Will2k2" is STILL locked down!!!!

When was I going to be "allowed" back into the site?
Would I have had to "beg" for , forgiveness?
Was I expected to pay some penalty for my dis-obedience?

We are your friends and your co-enthusiats.

Just as you want us to be accountable for our actions, so to should the Mods and Admins be accountable for theirs.

Just because the president of the U.S. is the President of the U.S. , doesn't mean that he is free from accountability (Get it??)

W

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 10:24 AM
I was never told when I would be back on the board
I was never explained what the procedure was
I was never given any options (for limited posting or something)

Just, "your banned" , see ya later, end of story

When was I coming back?

Wanna ban someone, I'm totally cool with it.

but don't sentence someone to something without letting them know what it is.

Peking
07-05-2003, 10:28 AM
So now your the victim? I think they gave you fair warning before they banned you. Cause if not, then many other people would share your fate.

Jon

ssvr6
07-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Here's my final word on this thread.

Will..

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

I can't believe you're going to cry (and that's what it is at this point) over something like this. The ban was a wake up call that apparently you're not getting.

Just re join the community or leave. If you continue to post like this we're just going to oppress and then ban you again without warning. :rolleyes:

Steve

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 10:43 AM
?????????????????????????????????

No I'm not the victim, but regardless of that

Even "criminals" are told

-when they will be sentenced
-how long they will be "punished"
-what they can do to prevent being punished in the future

etc.

It just would have been nice to get something like this

"Dear Will,

Your posting priveledges have been removed, they have been removed cause of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Your posting priveledges will be re-instated on ????????
any subsequent issues will be dealt with by?????????????

Thanks for your cooperation

Ep ADMIN????? "

Papa Bear
07-05-2003, 10:44 AM
You didn't fuck up according to ephatch. You fucked up because you were ignorant, arrogant and rude. You obviously still don't get it because you are not accepting responsability for your actions. Instead of starting this post did you try saying you were sorry for being inmature and ignorant? Apparently you have been locking horns with mods for some time now. Maybe you have a personality that thrives on conflict? Maybe that is why you flame newbies etc. And by the way the kid with the intake question was doing research that is why he asked the question!

ssvr6
07-05-2003, 10:45 AM
You know what would also have been nice? Not being called an asshole. But that didn't happen either...

You're 29? You need to do some growing up man.

Steve

Team
07-05-2003, 10:51 AM
It really is unbelievable why people in this world has your mentality... just so sad

Adam

95 GSR
07-05-2003, 11:06 AM

You're 29? You need to do some growing up man.

Steve

EP33
07-05-2003, 11:07 AM
ahhhh, I was looking for the alyssa milano boobie pic. Instead all I find is a bunch of bitching going on.

I am having ex-wife flashbacks.

GO DRIVE YOUR FN CARS OR SOMETHING, for heaven sakes troops are dying.

Mugen_EP
07-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Wow...I sleep in a little and wake up to this..damn. I think you have stated your point and replied to just about everyones posts. This is a car site not a bitching fest. If you have a problem PM Steve or DTH.

Everyone enjoy your 3 day weekend, have fun with your families and have a great day!

Oh and I'll lock it not Steve.