PDA

View Full Version : camber kits why so much diffrence in prices? (quality?)

siver-SI
07-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Ok I am odering my springs tomarrow but I need a camber kit. I am just wondering why do some camber kits stay around $135 (Ingalls) while the SPC kits are in the $180 range. Is there a diffrence of quailty or just paying for a name? I just want to have a good camber kit in my car so that something will not brake when I take my car on the track.

Thanks

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 10:31 PM
i would like to know the answer to this one also......i need a rear camber kit badly but i dont know which ones are good and if your just payin for the name or what....

if i remember correctly, someone told me there is no front camber kit for our cars.....is that true? i never really looked.

anyone got camber kits that can help us out??

chet
07-05-2003, 03:03 AM
The less expensive sets, I believe, are all camber bolts. The SPC has rear control arms and front bolts. I hope I am explaining this correctly. . .

siver-SI
07-05-2003, 06:55 AM
All I have seen have both control arms fro the rears and bolts for the front.

SinisterCivicSi
07-05-2003, 09:20 AM
i only need rear kits for me and hubby.....anyone know where to get one?

chet
07-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
All I have seen have both control arms fro the rears and bolts for the front.

I missed "Ingalls", sorry it was 5am and half of my brain was asleep and the other half was fried from the heat. Progress has an all bolt kit that is the same price as the Ingalls and that is probably what I was thinking of.

Personally, I heard more positive feedback about Ingalls versus SPC, but Chuck at Showstoppers carries SPC, so. . . . .that's what I purchased.

chunky
07-05-2003, 04:49 PM
SPC makes Ingall's products.

they are VERY similar, but the SPC has a wider range of adjustment, -4 to +6 camber adjustment, the ingalls is -2 to + 3. so that's about double the adjustment range.

since they're made by the same company (SPC) they're both good. I prefer the SPC b/c of the wider adjustment range - but you most likely won't need that much adjustment, so for most it's better to save the $$$ and get the ingalls.

siver-SI
07-05-2003, 04:54 PM
Well I did the SPC. I am doing to do some auto X and some other road courses for the fun of it so I may need the extra room. The one thing that got to be was the ingall's stated for road use only on the rubber ones and when I e-mailed them they said the rubber would not hold up, but the Poly I would have to lube but they could not even tell me how to do it. That is why I started to second quess then after I was going to get them. It sounds like and looks like the SPC are better build over all because they do have more adjustment but that one is JMO.

SinisterCivicSi
07-05-2003, 10:08 PM
and the spc is for rear? can someone link me to a company with decent prices? thanks guys..... :*

02SilverSiHB
07-05-2003, 10:21 PM
not sure where to get spc, but i bought my ingalls from www.importhorizon.com

SinisterCivicSi
07-05-2003, 10:38 PM
i emailed import horizion because to be totally honest, i have no clue about camber kits.....lol
i know his car is marginally off on its camber..i have the print out in front of me. they had like 2 different kits on the site.....hopefully they can answer my questions.
thanks for the help

02SilverSiHB
07-06-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
i emailed import horizion because to be totally honest, i have no clue about camber kits.....lol
i know his car is marginally off on its camber..i have the print out in front of me. they had like 2 different kits on the site.....hopefully they can answer my questions.
thanks for the help
I think you will only need them for the rear. The two ingalls camber kits they offer are in rubber or polyurethane bushings. The poly will make more noise (squeaks, unless you lube them constantly) and the rubber is like a stock bushing, less to no noise. I bought 38970 (rubber bushings) from that site. It has enough adjustability for any changes I may make in ride height. When it says -2 to +3 in adjustments, that means that if your camber is -1.8 then the most negative camber you could get would be -3.8 and the most positive camber you could get would be +2.8. Hope that helps, I'm not sure what you need answered. What is your camber off by?

SinisterCivicSi
07-06-2003, 10:58 AM
this is his rear information on his camber.....

rear left: actual:-2.3, before -2.3 specified range -2.0 0.0

rear right: actual: -2.0, before -2.1 specified range -2.0 0.0

i havent gotten an alignment yet....i know i need to. i have a 2in. drop on my car....is every car different in +/- camber even with the same drop and same car?

ntb where he got the alignment done, is no freakin help too. they want me to go all around town and order parts then bring it back to them so they can charge me like 200 bucks to put it on.....do they think i am stupid? i had them just give me a print out of his camber.....i will find out the info (thru you lovely ephatch members) and have a neighbor install them.

02SilverSiHB
07-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
this is his rear information on his camber.....

rear left: actual:-2.3, before -2.3 specified range -2.0 0.0

rear right: actual: -2.0, before -2.1 specified range -2.0 0.0

i havent gotten an alignment yet....i know i need to. i have a 2in. drop on my car....is every car different in +/- camber even with the same drop and same car?

ntb where he got the alignment done, is no freakin help too. they want me to go all around town and order parts then bring it back to them so they can charge me like 200 bucks to put it on.....do they think i am stupid? i had them just give me a print out of his camber.....i will find out the info (thru you lovely ephatch members) and have a neighbor install them.
That's rediculous. I was lazy and had them install my front one, because I thought I wouldn't need it...I guess I was too low :angel: I paid them 60 freaking bucks to put a damn bolt in. I was too in a hurry to take my car back home and do it. 200 is too much. They are soooooooo easy to put in. I just adjusted the rear to match up with the stock ones as best I could.
If I were you I'd get my camber no more than -1.5 in the rear...-2 is too much imo. Here is a before and after of my alignment...you can see on the before I was off a little when I tried guessing on the rear left :D Not every car is exactly the same, so yours may be a tad different. You will definitely need one for the rear to avoid excessive tire wear.

siver-SI
07-06-2003, 11:45 AM
That is why I ordered mine for that just in case. I did not want to get ripped off by these alignment places. I just wanted to walk say I need to have mine checked. If you need to adjust it I made it easyer for you with a camber kit.

BTW us NTB any good. I was thinking of going to a local shop but he is not open on weekends. He wants $100 for a 4 wheel.

02SilverSiHB
07-06-2003, 11:48 AM
The shop I went to at NTB was good. They were quick and got the camber right

SinisterCivicSi
07-06-2003, 12:07 PM
dont get me wrong, the ntb by me is good, and have been great up until they told me it was like 69 bucks per wheel to install a camber kit not including the parts. AND they said they didnt order it and i had to go down the street to NAPA and pick it up myself.....WTF!? fuck that, if i am gonna pay you dam near 200 bucks just to install some nuts and washers, your gonna order the shit for me too, why should i drive all over town and still pay you all that money?

one thing about my husbnad, he doesnt install ANYTHING himself......he would rather pay someone to do it. i am the opposite, i like learning and doing things myself as long as i have the tools and the time to do it and its not super super complicated. i have to feel somewhat confident that i wont totally f-- up my ride. however now that i have had back surgery, i wont be doin any of that for a while until i fully heal.
therefore, either we can talk the neighbor into doing it or he wil pay ntb to do it.....must be nice. lol

02SilverSiHB
07-06-2003, 04:29 PM
yeah, I actually argued with ntb until they installed the ingalls front kit for me, I told them I didn't have time to take it home and then do it and bring it back. finally they did it.