PDA

View Full Version : sunroof closing halfway?

4g63dsm
07-05-2003, 01:51 AM
when i close my sunroofit stops halfway and then i have to let off the switch for a second and press it again to close it all the way. does anyone else have this problem? is it just the way they are made?

JThrasher79
07-05-2003, 02:21 AM
its just the way they are its a "saftey feature" like u wouldnt know if someone was out ur sunroof but yeh. anyway if u do a search someone did a DIY on how to get rid of it

Suk02Si
07-05-2003, 04:18 AM
Auto-stop Disable (http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/)

there's the site:)

4g63dsm
07-05-2003, 11:30 AM
that's alot work just to fix something that little. Its annoying but i think that diy would be more so. i don't get it though my friend has a 02 ex and it doesn't do that, and neither does my other friends rsx base

SFla02si
07-05-2003, 12:02 PM
There is another thread that talks about the sunroof issue. If you do a search you should be able to find it, if you read it about 3/4 of the way down the thread somebody talks about just taking the rear light out and grab handles and reaching in to unplug the harness.

I did this to my car, sure beats taking all the trim off, just be careful not to damage the headliner, mine creased a little but you don't see it once all the trim was put back up.

ssvr6
07-05-2003, 12:18 PM
Who's "How To" is that? If you're on here, please PM me.

Steve

SmoothOperator
07-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Been covered several times already. Yet, it still remains, one of the most annoying features of this car.

cbecker333
07-06-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
that's alot work just to fix something that little. Its annoying but i think that diy would be more so. i don't get it though my friend has a 02 ex and it doesn't do that, and neither does my other friends rsx base

I just got done with this DIY and it is not much work at all. I actually enjoyed it. The trim and everything comes apart really easy, and even the hatch seal was a snap to push back into the groove. I was done in less than 30 minutes....

I definitely think it beats trying to wedge your arm between the roofliner and the roof - then you risk breaking clips.

Thanks! to whoever put that together....

blueiedgod
07-06-2003, 10:49 AM
what about disconnecting the same gren wire form the fuse box in the dash?

glw
07-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333

I just got done with this DIY and it is not much work at all. I actually enjoyed it. The trim and everything comes apart really easy, and even the hatch seal was a snap to push back into the groove. I was done in less than 30 minutes....

I definitely think it beats trying to wedge your arm between the roofliner and the roof - then you risk breaking clips.

Thanks! to whoever put that together.... it was my diy... glad it could help. i guess the diy is going to get more exposure soon. steve over at k-series.com asked to post it on his site. that will make it easier to find, too.

chubbychu
09-02-2003, 08:38 PM
i did the diy and it was really really simple even for a stupid nerd like me. although...doing it the way the diy on Kay - SeeRiEs (dawt) KAWM i couldnt get the clips back on so i broke it off and re did it

glw
09-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
what about disconnecting the same gren wire form the fuse box in the dash? hmm...

i don't think that is the same wire.

here's the details... the normally open mechanical autostop switch becomes depressed and closed when the roof mechanically presses on it. the autostop switch closing is what actually tells the moonroof control unit to stop the roof. once you disconnect the switch it can no longer communicate with the moonroof control unit and therefore it never tells it to autostop.

don't worry because there is a moonroof limit switch that removes the ground from the moonroof motor and stops the moonroof at full close.

man the helms manual was a great investment... ;)

IknowApirate
10-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by glw
man the helms manual was a great investment... ;)

Where can you get a Helms Manual?

Zero Three Si
10-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Your sunroof is supposed to do that.

glw
10-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by IknowApirate
Where can you get a Helms Manual?

http://www.helminc.com/ or more specifically http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_service_owner.asp?Style=&class%5F2=AHM&mscsid=H63REBMHQV2K9HWGADC8BN0XG25971D7