PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for a Turbo?

Dynasty707
07-05-2003, 08:50 PM
I postin up this message so I can get some suggestions on what kind of Turbocharger I should get...if anyone has some good suggestions that'll be great, and if you want to throw prices in too, that'll also help, thanks!

ssvr6
07-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Read through some of the posts in this forum first.

Steve

87gn
07-23-2003, 08:08 PM
if your going to go with a custom setup i would go with a garrett TB0348, they are the first hybrid turbo put in to production cars and sence theve been in development sence the 70s there pretty much the standard. i would imagen that there alittle large for a ep but theres ways to work around that. the best part is there about 200 bucks for a used one.

CSMsi311
07-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 87gn
if your going to go with a custom setup i would go with a garrett TB0348, they are the first hybrid turbo put in to production cars and sence theve been in development sence the 70s there pretty much the standard. i would imagen that there alittle large for a ep but theres ways to work around that. the best part is there about 200 bucks for a used one.

do you really know anything??? from your post it doesn't sound like you know much about turbos or efficiency maps. So lets not go around and give bad advice.

87gn
07-24-2003, 02:04 AM
do you really know anything??? from your post it doesn't sound like you know much about turbos or efficiency maps. So lets not go around and give bad advice.

yeah, you caught me there. i know nothing about turbo cars, not a damned thinghttp://www.turbobuick.com/forums/img/smilies/rolleyes.gif hey, just a thaught, wana compare dyno slips?

792 o2s, 0 kr, running 20 psi on pump 25 psi on xylene or toulene

87gn
07-24-2003, 02:21 AM
just a few simple questions for you.

1. do you even know what cars a TB0348 came on?
2. whats the TB0348s other name?
3. what about its center section?
4. whats flawed with my statement?

CSMsi311
07-24-2003, 10:50 AM
i figured you have a grand national.

but do you know a thing about imports?
is this TB0348 the best b/c it was the first hybrid?

87gn
07-24-2003, 12:44 PM
but do you know a thing about imports?
is this TB0348 the best b/c it was the first hybrid?

do you know a thing about cars or turbos? the basic fundementals of both imports and domestics are the same, true diffrences range from engine to engine brand to brand but that was one hell of a stupid question that you just asked.

evidently you dont know a thing about turbos. the garrett TB0348 also known as T03, T-03, t3 and TA48. is the base for the TA series and with a T04E compressor housing it spawned the TE series of turbos

but after all what would the guys at garrett, turbonetics, precision, or limited know about building a good turbo, its only been under development for nearing 30 years. its the best for the shear fact that its had all of its bugs worked out and that you can find them for as cheap as 200 bucks, for some one doing a custom setup you cant beat that.

you forgot to awnser my questions buddy

edit*** you MIGHT want to check on what kind of turbos that all the after market kits for eps run, if that dont shut you up nothing will. i swear give a boy 6 psi and he thinks hes a turbo god:rolleyes:

CSMsi311
07-24-2003, 02:59 PM
testy testy.

welcome to the site. i was too lazy to look up your turbo. I have read books on turbos. i was under the wrong impression from your first post. I do know the enter works on turbos.

87gn
07-24-2003, 03:05 PM
welcome to the site. i was too lazy to look up your turbo. I have read books on turbos. i was under the wrong impression from your first post. I do know the enter works on turbos.

thx but ive been around here for a pretty long time (used to be black87regal)

yeah ive noticed that i do get alittle testy some times, guss its time for some more anger management classes:D

ssvr6
07-24-2003, 03:19 PM
It's that "testyness" that got you in trouble last time. :)

Steve

87gn
07-24-2003, 05:02 PM
oh really?:) i tryed to log in one day and i was like, hmmmmmm, i must have been banned :D i still want a ep btw :p

D16Y8_Turbo
07-27-2003, 07:29 AM
A fellow owner of a GM Turbo ride myself. Check out my website for some info of my bro's 87 GN and my '91 Syclone.

http://www.geocities.com/turbosixes/

What's your best times with you GN?

my bro's '87 12.0
my Sy 12.2

87gn
07-27-2003, 11:58 PM
11.62@118 on the old turbo, injectors, street chip, and stock ic.

sence then ive added a few parts. its got a te44 .80 a/r, 42.5 lb injectors, jim testa chip, precision front mount intercooler, rcj power plate, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, dual fuel pumps, adjustable waste gate, hot wired, snubber, bilstiens, 275/60/15 drag radials, shift kit, hooker cat back, test pipe, dump, stright pipes, ported down pipe elbow, tcc lock up switch, scanmaster v2.1, eaton posi, 3.42 gears, a piller gauge pod with boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge. im sure im leaveing something out, its got to many mods to remember them all.

i just found out today that its not running the d5 converter im not sure what stall it is but it spools quickly and im not 100% positive that the heads aint been ported and polished some time in the past because its quicker then it should be.

so far ive beat a harley v rod from a 15 mph roll, out ran a new 500 hp rt10 on a high way run,pulled a gt stang with a 150 shot so hard that i thaught he was running a 6 banger until i talked to him after the race, and ive turned the rims inside the tires so much that i destroyed the beads on my old tires. i run her at around 792 o2s with 0-1.3 kr top end on 93 pump gas at 20 lb of boost, ill usually crank her up to 25-28 psi with 800 o2s with no knock on xylene or toulene

eather way ill know my new times at the nats later on in the year. i wana shoot for a high 10 run. i know its possable a few te44 cars have made it that fast but not many i also know im maxing the turbo and injectors out. ill finish up the year with the 44 then go to a 60 or bigger with 50 lb injectors and alkey.