PDA

View Full Version : exhaust= hks vs. greddy which one and why?

02eysi
07-05-2003, 10:28 PM
which exhaust is better why whats the strong points and weak points of each??

SIxtasy
07-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Get a midpipe made, and use the stock muffler. Sounds just as good as either of those, has the same power gains, and cost you $300+ less.

irrational
08-06-2003, 02:53 AM
i would like to know the same thing. can some shine some light on the subject

EP3_DC5
08-06-2003, 05:05 AM
HKS without a doubt!!!
Just got one on my gf's car yesterday. My friend's Greddy Evo is poop compared to the HKS, and besides the midpipe hangs down too low on it. HKS fit puuuuurrrrrrfect.

jerky
08-06-2003, 09:48 AM
some people want mandrel bent piping and opposed to poopy crush bent.

i've seen them both.

hks: too angled, kinda loud but there is a silencer for that, shiney, neat, i was actually looking at this before

greddy: deep sound, best "sounding" exhaust on the market for the EP, carb legal, heavier than the hks though. i considered it before i saw the hks.

as for gains, i dunno, i got another exhaust.:)

BlackFL2k2Si
08-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Gains from a midpipe compared to a full exhaust should be the same correct? I wouldn't think that the aftermarket muffler's flow so much better.

irrational
08-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by jerky
some people want mandrel bent piping and opposed to poopy crush bent.

i've seen them both.

hks: too angled, kinda loud but there is a silencer for that, shiney, neat, i was actually looking at this before

greddy: deep sound, best "sounding" exhaust on the market for the EP, carb legal, heavier than the hks though. i considered it before i saw the hks.

as for gains, i dunno, i got another exhaust.:)
does anybody know if there are any isues with the type r body kit and the hks exhaust's angeled exit. do they touch? also, will the hks exhaust clear the progress rear sway bar? it sounds like your saying that the hks is not CA smog legal.....is that true?

EnJaNir
08-06-2003, 02:09 PM
the HKS exhaust hits the porgress bar, its a minor point contact, could be correctly if you angled the holes for teh sway bar and moved it down a bit. but i just deal with the rattle it causes in the cabin and turn up my music

irrational
08-06-2003, 02:25 PM
dude that is bullshit!!! the shit hits my stock exhaust too. is there anyexhaust it wont hit? GAY!!! im fuckin calling progress to bitch.

EnJaNir
08-06-2003, 02:33 PM
ya i was surprised but compare the 2 bars then compare the diff in the 2 exhausts...its not surprising that they touch..it just sucks ass

trabadoo22
08-07-2003, 08:08 PM
I've listened to alot of sound clips for exhausts and although it's not in person to me the HKS sounded the best. But from what I've heard it is rather loud so I shied away from it and got a Magnaflow. Couldn't be happier with it. Anyways as far as between the HKS and the Greddy I would pick the HKS just because I think it sounds better.

TezGari
08-07-2003, 11:09 PM
How about, HKS Carbon Fiber Muffler W/ Custom piping.....? Or anyother muffler w/ custom (professional) piping?

super_si_45
08-08-2003, 06:19 AM
HKS Hi-power exhaust system-

-piping-----60mm
-tip-----115mm
-angled design
-comes with inner silencer if you want sound suppression
-0.7 hp gain over GReddy EVO

GReddy EVO exhaust system-

-piping-----60-70mm
-tip-----115mm
-straight through desgin
-built in sound suppression
-offset tip improves road clearance (good news if your EP is dropped)

so as you can see, they are both extemely high quality, good cat back systems, personally, i own the HKS system and love it, the only drawback is i plan on dropping my EP another 1 1/2" or so, i might be doing a transition to the EVO system because of the road clearance, but like it states, you get more hp gain out of the HKS system, its really just up to you and what you wanna spend,
all in all youve made the best choice on the 2 best exhaust exhaust system to date for our car, good luck!

BaLLiNbOi421
08-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Go to www.testpipes.com they have full xhaust for under $300 and mid pipes for $100

Peking
08-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Can't go wrong with either. I have HKS, heard quite a few exhaust on Ep's. Greddy is ok, alot of the ricers have them around here. Have you thought of Skunk2?