PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cup Holder LED

swapp99
07-05-2003, 11:40 PM
I wanted to add something more to the rear cup holder, so this is what played with:D I added one BLUE LED to the center bottom of my cup holder. It is wired to my neon lights that shine under both seats, just above my JL amps. I will add a few more LED's to the Ep interior at different locals, keeping in mind not to over do it:cool:

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/varad_led_lighting.html[/URL]

swapp99
07-05-2003, 11:41 PM
pic 2

swapp99
07-05-2003, 11:42 PM
pic 3..:cool:

swapp99
07-05-2003, 11:43 PM
pic 4

StrangeShadow
07-05-2003, 11:59 PM
wow that looks really nice, you did a really tasteful job? did you get your neon lights(under the seats) from the same place? I have been thinking about putting some under my seats so I can actually see in my car, plus so ppl who get in it say cool, not to be ricey so they shine outside of the car, but just to add a unique touch. Looks great and I really like it.

raiyo
07-05-2003, 11:59 PM
i like the bottle effect, heheh

swapp99
07-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Thanks:) The neon lights I got from a local shop. I zip tied the neon lights to the underside of the seats. When shopping for the neon lights get the one's with the capasitor built into the light bar itself. Not the kind that has cigerette lighter plug in type

StrangeShadow
07-06-2003, 01:02 AM
When shopping for the neon lights get the one's with the capasitor built into the light bar itself. Not the kind that has cigerette lighter plug in type
cool thanks, yeah I never liked the idea of putting them into my cig-lighter, seams too radio shack cheap, plus it leaves no room to recharge my cell phone.
Thanks again.

mrfixit687
07-06-2003, 01:17 AM
hey swapp how did you mount the amp to the floor? and is there any cooling problems? oh and if i drilled holes into the floor to bolt down the amps, do you think i'll have to rust proof the holes or something, thanks

swapp99
07-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
hey swapp how did you mount the amp to the floor? and is there any cooling problems? oh and if i drilled holes into the floor to bolt down the amps, do you think i'll have to rust proof the holes or something, thanks

no cooling problems as of yet!:) I got the idea to mount the amp from another post... he also said no problems with heat, even with the floor mats on top covering his amps. Since I have the OEM rear floor mats also I decieded to roll, tuck the portion of the mat that covers the heat sink under the mat itself, just to be on the safe side. For some reason the spring on the passanger seat scrapes the amp:( :( and not the one on the drivers side. I secure the amp with HEAVY Duty Velcro... use just the loop side attach to the bottom of the amp. Really the weight of the amp holds it in place and also the way I pulled the wires through the seat frame mounts.

SinisterCivicSi
07-06-2003, 01:38 PM
thats tight, i wouldnt mind doin that myself, especially when my son sits in the back and has a soda, i dont want him to miss the cupholder! how much did you pay for the 3 lights (seats and cupholder). oh and do you have a prob with the light and sweat from drinks? does it get wet?

thx

swapp99
07-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
thats tight, i wouldnt mind doin that myself, especially when my son sits in the back and has a soda, i dont want him to miss the cupholder! how much did you pay for the 3 lights (seats and cupholder). oh and do you have a prob with the light and sweat from drinks? does it get wet?

thx

I got the LED kit from:ZEB (http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/varad_led_lighting.html) the kit includes 4 led's 12 volt for $ 16.95 . I had to go to Fry's Electronics Store to get the LED retainer ring and drilled 1/4" hole. I locked down the LED with super glue and sealed it with silicone on the underside. I also use DUCK tape to secure the wire line along the inside of the consul. The neon were about $ 15.00 each 12" rod. No problems with condensation since I silicone the unit.

SinisterCivicSi
07-06-2003, 03:23 PM
oh ok so you got silicone over the bulb and what we are seeing is it shining thru the silicone? nice.

the lights under your seat are the led rods? i thought it would be brighter than that.....looks good man.

there was antoher ep owner on here to that put some type of led or osmething in his front grill and made the engine look like it was glowing red......that was nice. i wonder if thats legal.

chubbychu
07-06-2003, 04:18 PM
speaking of Leds and stuff....

i went to church today...and i finally met the girl who drive a yellow lancer just a regular lancer...and this girl is like really down the earth really plain and simple...anyways, im like "oh you drive this lancer huh, i see its a OZ rally edition and shes like yup" im like can i look inside" and she shows me...i take a look and ::GASP:::: it was SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO grossed out! she had The glowy shift knob that didnt stay on with the wire still stickin out, she had purple "animal print" seat covers...and when i thought it couldnt get any worse...shes all Hey, check out my new spray nozzles...i almost started laughing....anyways to be polite i said nice car...and started walking away...and she breaks the news to me..."im getting the underbody light system" eeeeeeek! i tripped over myself...man, how ignorant these kids are these days. Dont they know that people are laughing at them? anyways...

I think the lights in your car are PIMP they look GREAT however...if you get a glowy shift knob and purple seat covers and led nozzles..im gonna laugh at you...but i think you have a great car! MOD ON!

swapp99
07-06-2003, 05:16 PM
LMAO!!!:D :D :D :D :D Yeah maybe there was a Sale @ Pep Boys that weekend on Neons.hehehe.... One way to make a car FUBAR is to over do it with CRAP!
THANKS for the compliments!!

swapp99
07-06-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
oh ok so you got silicone over the bulb and what we are seeing is it shining thru the silicone? nice.

the lights under your seat are the led rods? i thought it would be brighter than that.....looks good man.

there was antoher ep owner on here to that put some type of led or osmething in his front grill and made the engine look like it was glowing red......that was nice. i wonder if thats legal.

1. regular neons under the seats..yeah leds would be much brighter but i did want that much light:cool:

2.I only silicone the underside. I suppose you can cover the top of the led with (clear) silicone also.

3. I don't think that's legal. Red lights in front of your is a big no no in Los Angels,CA. Cops here will pull you over in a heart beat. I know that Red and Blue Light in fronts of your car will only bring you attention from the PoLiCe.:'(

Brettnyt
07-06-2003, 06:20 PM
The one with the red in the front grill merely had underglow (hard to mount in our cars) he had the buddy club kit as well, looked pretty tight in those tunnel shots...

SmoothOperator
07-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Hey I think your light mod looks good man. I'd never do it, but I'm definately not frowning upon it. Good work!

mrfixit687
07-07-2003, 01:33 AM
swap, hmmm yeeaaa, we're gonna need more pics of the girl of the week in your avatar, so if you can do that for me that'd be greeeaat, thanks :D

swapp99
07-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
swap, hmmm yeeaaa, we're gonna need more pics of the girl of the week in your avatar, so if you can do that for me that'd be greeeaat, thanks :D

I got the picture from here:D You will love em. Click on PHOTOS and choose the FLYER:p

CLUB RUBBER (http://www.clubrubber.net/index.cfm)

WARNING: ALOT OF EYE CANDY:eek: