PDA

View Full Version : exhaust, which to get?

epTheo
07-06-2003, 08:31 AM
iam looking to get exhaust this week,been doing a little research and comes down to this

1)HKS
2)SKUNK2
3)BORLA
4)GREDDY
5)Tanabe Racing Medallion

let me know what you think?

simione
07-06-2003, 12:47 PM
ive had greddy, hks and thermal. thermal was too loud for my taste and i lost low end torque. hks was a little quieter but i still experienced low end torque loss. greddy is definately the quietest and i did not notice a loss in low end power. but i am back to stock because i like the look of the twin tip can. so if you don't care about looks go greddy. this is only my opinion so ultimately do what you think is right but i am just telling you my experiences. peace

SinisterCivicSi
07-06-2003, 01:31 PM
i got the skunk2 and hope to put it on later this week. Sini$ter or however he spells his name (LOL) has the skunk2 and from what he has told me, he loves it. he is the one that influenced my decision. he told me you wont be disappointed and that it has a really nice sound and gains were good.
pm him, he will fill ya in.

good luck on the purchase.

Black03Si
07-06-2003, 05:00 PM
If you're considering the Borla, then I would take a look at Magnaflow. It also keeps the stock look like the Borla one, but isn't quite as expensive. I picked mine up for $322 shipped. It looks great, sounds great, and the fit was perfect. Plus, they did the R&D on a guy's car from this site (glw), and he said they dynoed an increase in torque and hp across the entire rpm range.

l33t
07-06-2003, 09:37 PM
heh honestly i have ran ep's with just intake and exhaust just like me and i have the hks exhaust, and beat all of them, and i like the sound of my exhaust more + the engled look i like, i would get nothing less then HKS, + if my timing is a bit off so i am running a bit rich when i shift at redline sometimes i shoot a 2-3 foot flame, it's fun :D

JThrasher79
07-06-2003, 11:33 PM
i stand by HKS with no question the looks the sound the power i would suggest this exhaust to everyone but then everyone would be as fast as me so get the skunk2 cause it has the same look. i also got the stock flame thrower i think we get more power from it.

P.S. buy the universal muffler and have a muffler shop run straight pipes. more power. and it costs less like $200+$100/$150 compared to $700-$800

RockEP_SS**
07-07-2003, 12:39 PM
I'd probably go with....Damn I can't choose between HKS or Greddy :p . I like em both. HKS runs 539.00 shipped, but the Greddy goes for 497.00 shipped. Give us a call if your interested, the choice is yours! You can't go wrong on this one.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Z26
07-07-2003, 12:49 PM
I picked the Borla. I like the looks of the duel pipes and the build quality is well known. It comes with a million mile warranty. The install was easy. I didnt want the 4-5 inch tip sticking out, its not my gig. I got it for 400.

HighinTheSi
07-07-2003, 01:14 PM
whatsup theo? its Adam i think we met up on hempsted turnpike about 2 weeks ago man, im thinken of getting an exhaust today, i really like the hks and i called chuck from showstoppers and he gave me a great price, i wana buy the exhaust either today or tomorrow im just doing some final research , get in touch with me and we can talk about this , later Adam

glw
07-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Black03Si
If you're considering the Borla, then I would take a look at Magnaflow. It also keeps the stock look like the Borla one, but isn't quite as expensive. I picked mine up for $322 shipped. It looks great, sounds great, and the fit was perfect. Plus, they did the R&D on a guy's car from this site (glw), and he said they dynoed an increase in torque and hp across the entire rpm range. yep... increases across the entire rpm range for the magnaflow...

DoMahMeGok
07-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Where did you guys get the Magnaflow exhaust for $300 also, where was the borla exhuast for $400?
I want to get one of those any help in finding these prices would be helpful. Thanks

l33t
07-09-2003, 01:21 AM
heh well consider this, greddy makes their ads about how their exhausts are quiet, hks makes ads about how they make power, whatever of those 2 elements you want more get it

Black03Si
07-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by DoMahMeGok
Where did you guys get the Magnaflow exhaust for $300 also, where was the borla exhuast for $400?
I want to get one of those any help in finding these prices would be helpful. Thanks

Magnaflow - hottexhaust.com - $322 shipped (Fedex 3-day select, so you don't have to wait very long to get it).

I ordered mine on a Friday afternoon, so it shipped Monday, had it on Wednesday.

icegrill
07-10-2003, 11:33 PM
My advice just get a midpipe, stock exhaust flows fine and looks really clean. MBRP is the hookup for the midpipe. I'm still waiting to see what apex i comes out with, they have the possibility of doing a really nice twin pipe system similar to the dual tip GT they use for mazdas and nissans.

Si02
07-11-2003, 12:30 AM
MagnaFlow all the way. For the price, quality, sound, and stock look you cant beat it.

siver-SI
07-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**
I'd probably go with....Damn I can't choose between HKS or Greddy :p . I like em both. HKS runs 539.00 shipped, but the Greddy goes for 497.00 shipped. Give us a call if your interested, the choice is yours! You can't go wrong on this one.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Just wondering are you guys going to carry the neuspeed exhaust? I like the duel tip look and that is what I want to stay with. I still want to know what this exhaust is like though before I buy. I would like to get a duel tip for my car.

2k2SiGuy
07-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by l33t
heh honestly i have ran ep's with just intake and exhaust just like me and i have the hks exhaust, and beat all of them, and i like the sound of my exhaust more + the engled look i like, i would get nothing less then HKS, + if my timing is a bit off so i am running a bit rich when i shift at redline sometimes i shoot a 2-3 foot flame, it's fun :D

I love the sound of the HKS also.....I now have a Lexus GS400, and I am thinking of adding this exhaust to my car....Listen to this...

Click to hear.... (http://www.rodmillenstore.com/gs_400/gssounds4.htm)

siver-SI
07-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 2k2SiGuy

I love the sound of the HKS also.....I now have a Lexus GS400, and I am thinking of adding this exhaust to my car....Listen to this...

Click to hear.... (http://www.rodmillenstore.com/gs_400/gssounds4.htm)

OK is that on a 4 Cylinder car? Is that also a duel tip. That is the sound I am looking for. I want something nice and deap in sound like a V8 engine. I just do not like the Chain Saw sound. JMO.

2k2SiGuy
07-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI

OK is that on a 4 Cylinder car? Is that also a duel tip. That is the sound I am looking for. I want something nice and deap in sound like a V8 engine. I just do not like the Chain Saw sound. JMO.

Nope sorry...the GS400 is a V8

siver-SI
07-12-2003, 10:44 AM
darn :(. That is the sound that I am looking for. Is there any exaust or even a way to get are car to sound like that in a deap sound?

Black03Si
07-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Magnaflow has a deep sound and dual tips. I have been extremely please with this exhaust. Plus, you're not going to be able to beat $322 shipped.

2k2SiGuy
07-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
darn :(. That is the sound that I am looking for. Is there any exaust or even a way to get are car to sound like that in a deap sound?

I don't know what kinda gains you'll get, but Remus makes universal cans that sound like that, and you'll have to get a custom mid-pipe...

Click here and listen to some sounds...

REMUS (http://www.remus.at/)

siver-SI
07-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Well I will see what happens with some of the exhaust that are out there. That is something to keep in mind though. Thanks for the link. I see they have a duel tip.

CIVICBOOST
07-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Anyone have a soundclip or vid of the magnaflow I would like to hear it first. Also Is there a exhaust that sounds identical to the Spoon N1 without the price tag?

potator
07-27-2003, 02:27 PM
Has anyone heard of or tried one of these DC exhausts? They're also a dual tip like our stock ones, and was wondering what they sound/perform like.
http://store6.yimg.com/I/racerwheel_1749_7691596

http://www.racerwheel.com/dc-dcs7029.html

SinisterCivicSi
07-27-2003, 02:38 PM
thats the exhaust i initially wanted to get but the more i looked at it the more i didnt like it. lol

potator
07-27-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
thats the exhaust i initially wanted to get but the more i looked at it the more i didnt like it. lol

Hahaha, not that pretty?
Maybe we should just ride around with a wooden spoiler on for a week or two? *wink wink* ;) lol.

Can anyone show me a picture of the Magnaflow exhaust either by itself as a part, or actually installed on a car? Both would be even better.

Si02
07-27-2003, 04:27 PM
Do a search there is a car with it installed. I believe its glw's car.