PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shimmy_yaz
07-06-2003, 01:41 PM
I need to know which wire on the wiring harness for the gauge cluster is the wire for the seat belt light. I have my dash all ripped apart and need to know right away so please help me!:mad:

Mugen_EP
07-06-2003, 04:04 PM
sorry but I cant help.:(

Bump for EPhatcher in need.

bioevolve
07-06-2003, 04:24 PM
I looked in the book, but no dice :( Just cluster flow chart with no line markings.

blueiedgod
07-06-2003, 04:33 PM
I don't know why you need to info, but suspect that you replaced the seats. If it is the light that bothers you, you can simply short circuit the switch in the seat belt buckle, or in the wire harness under the seat.

shimmy_yaz
07-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Bioevolve: damn i figured if anyone u would be the one to know

Blueiedgod: no i did not replace my seats. I just installed me clarion in dash dvd unit and it has a wire that you are supposed to hook into the ebrake light wire so that the screen will only display dvd video when the e-brake is applied, so instead i wanted to hook it up to the seat belt light since i never wear my seatbelt and then would be able to have the screen on all the time, except when a cop was about to pull me over i could slam my seat belt on quick and the screen would also shut off.:D

bioevolve
07-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Otay Otay, (drivers side) 3 pin connector going into the floor(not the connector to the seat belt buckle). front bottom of driver's seat
Run the DVD (ebrake wire) wire to the light green (splice into it)(i think) which should make the DVD turn off, which turns the selt belt light off when you buckle up. It might even be the blue/red wire, just try it. Maybe even the ground wire (black).
___----___
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
~~~~~~~

1= black
2= blue/red
3= light green

I have never needed to mess with the seat belt wires, but you can experiment for me.
;) :p :D
You could even trace the seat belt light on back of the cluster and soder (use a little or no heat kind) on the trace line of power side of the light. Should be 2 trace lines to the light. Can be tested by a multimeter (either jab into the trace or shave it alittle with an exacto knife), to see which line gives power (have a trace pen near by, just in case you cut it).;) :D

shimmy_yaz
07-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey thanks alot man I will try those wires and see which one works for me and post a reply as to which i had to use.

TheWevel
07-06-2003, 08:24 PM
When I had one of those in my Accord wagon, I just shorted the wire on the metal casing of the cd player. It worked like a charm most of the time, except when I hit a large bump. I probably should of used better tape.

IceD out N CALI
07-06-2003, 08:26 PM
good luck! hope u get it, been at it all day

shimmy_yaz
07-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey guys I got it working earlier. I tried the green 1 first and that didn't work so I tried the blue/red one and its off and runnin. It works perfectly like i wanted it to.:p :D

IceD out N CALI
07-07-2003, 07:48 PM
sweet! glad it worked out for ya

shimmy_yaz
07-07-2003, 07:50 PM
I feel so tough now cruzin down the road with a screen. HEHE Now I just gotta get a little more money a but a PS2.

bioevolve
07-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Congratz on the experiment! Glad to help out :D :o :p

shimmy_yaz
07-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Yeah man i really appreciate that I owe ya one.