PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Turbo?

SilVic
07-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Do you think Greddy or any other major turbo company will make a legal turbo kit for our car?

VBSI
07-06-2003, 06:56 PM
As soon as they see or hear about the two kits that guys are running on this site-they will be.

SiCk_SiR
07-06-2003, 09:14 PM
GReddy made a turbo kit for honda which is on the concept civic si u know the red one with tight red interior. so if this concept is produced it would be good news for all si owners because u will be able to buy a greddy turbo kit and have it instaled by ur dealership with out it voiding ur warrenty:D

S2KplusSI
07-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by SiCk_SiR
GReddy made a turbo kit for honda which is on the concept civic si u know the red one with tight red interior. so if this concept is produced it would be good news for all si owners because u will be able to buy a greddy turbo kit and have it instaled by ur dealership with out it voiding ur warrenty:D
That is some great news! No voided warranty?!?

surfsi
07-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Concepts are called that for a reason. There is no way that Honda will warrant any turbo kit! Honda deals with N/A only,their staff might install a turbo kit but I'm sure that they'll make very clear that your warranty is void! This would be nice but instead farfetched. sorry

SiCk_SiR
07-07-2003, 07:18 PM
sorry if the info about the warrenty is wrong but i assumed that because one of my friends bro was allowed to put a comptech supercharger by the dealer without having the warrenty voided and a lot of S2000 owners have got the approvel of there dealership to install the comptach sc without having there warrenty voided, all they had to do was follow the contract set by the dealership. so i assumed that if hondas concept were to be realesed the warrenty wouldnt be voided since they are selling an si that already turbocharged by GReddy. but i guess it depends on the dealership. but word is out that comptech is producing a sc for the rsx and if it does they might release one for the si so if comptech make the sc for the si we might have a chance a keeping our warrenty.

02SilverSiHB
07-07-2003, 07:34 PM
I was told there is a JRSC EP at the dealership, warranty and all. I'll find out tomorrow.

Anyway, if a dealer installs something, and they say it won't void the warranty, they mean they won't void the warranty. Move to another state/location and you may have problems

CSMsi311
07-07-2003, 10:32 PM
my jrsc on my EM1 was installed by the dealer. I kept all my warrenty except the transmission. Due to the extra power they would be crazy to cover a clutch. In the first month or so, I threw some CEL's and the dealership paid to have my car towed back (good 30-40 miles) and adjusted.

As far as other dealerships not accepting the warranty. I wouldn't trust other mechanics to touch my engine or supercharger. And I now live in a different state. If my engine would have blown up I would go through the hassle of sending my car back to texas to get it repaired under warranty (if i had to).

I have had some struts replaced up here with no problem.

REVwheels
07-08-2003, 06:09 AM
new TURBO magazine has a lil info on the GREDDY kit for the EP. i briefly read it last nite as i was skimming through it. from what i remember the kit comes with an E-manage unit and a td05 mitsubishi turbo. no intercooler ofcourse. no price was printed, but from the list of things on the kit...i honestly think the kit will be priced about 3000.00-3500.00. as soon as i get a hold of the magazine again ill type it up.

mental
07-10-2003, 10:30 PM
dont even worry about a turbo for our lil ol K20A3 just go and swap in a K20A2 and get the greddy kit... lol... :D it a hell of a thought.. and i know some people have either done it or were talking about doing it... :p

mental
07-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by REVwheels
new TURBO magazine has a lil info on the GREDDY kit for the EP. i briefly read it last nite as i was skimming through it. from what i remember the kit comes with an E-manage unit and a td05 mitsubishi turbo. no intercooler ofcourse. no price was printed, but from the list of things on the kit...i honestly think the kit will be priced about 3000.00-3500.00. as soon as i get a hold of the magazine again ill type it up.

??? eclipse TD05??? dont you mean TD04??? as in the turbo on the 4g63???

madbrain
07-12-2003, 09:19 AM
If the dealership sells and installs the kit it doesn't void the warranty. Their is a dealership in DE that has a full aftermarket shop and dyno, they warranty everything they install.

BobRoss
07-12-2003, 09:37 AM
hondas startin to look like dodge with the mopar upgrades for the srt4....

sounds good to me!