PDA

View Full Version : TEIN springs.....or H&R or EIBACH??

DTR
07-07-2003, 02:24 PM
i was just wondering if anieone had TEIN lowering springs on their SI, and if so could you give me some feedback on it, i.e. ride height....also if anieone else had any imput on TEIN vs. EIBACH vs. H&R.....much thanx

raiyo
07-07-2003, 10:12 PM
I got Tein S Tech on right now, I like the height and the ride it gives me. But if you give me a second choice I'll go with Eibach's Pro-Kit. The reason is because of the mid-pipe rubbing when I move into my garage. Others are having problem rubbing here and there with a 1.5 or more drop. If you don't care about rubbing, go with Teins.

chubbychu
07-07-2003, 10:39 PM
hmmm....ill give you my 2 cents on this...i have been through grueling spring battles...and im down to 2 springs....first of all...the 5 major springs that people are getting are the
tein stechs $149
Progress $149
Eibach Sportline or prokits 195.00
and neuspeed???

for me the neuspeeds are too low and some people say the ride is harsh so these were immediately out
the teins were a good canidate but they arent designed for our cars...i know its not a big deal since they fit...but im kinda anal about my car.
the prokits dont drop enough and if im gonna spend 200 dollars i want something nice and un-gappy

MY 2 final decisions were sportlines VS Progress...the progress drop a little lower and they have different drops for front and back, but they only have a little bit of the isolator stuff...and they arent as high quality as the eibach...
The eibach are more expensive but they have all the isolator stuff that prevents clanks and noises...and everyone says they are a good ride (but a lot of people say not low enough)

im not too concerned about ride quality...because both are good. so its really up to you...

IceD out N CALI
07-07-2003, 11:11 PM
between those 3 i'd go for the eibach sportline. decent drop but top quality as well

513n179
07-07-2003, 11:33 PM
i've had my tein springs on since thursday... i went with the tein springs because they were cheap, and tein has a good rep. they lower the car just enough to close off the wheel gap, and i haven't rubbed anything yet. the ride is super cool, it's kinda what i expected, but it's going to vary amongst drivers. i may go with some eibach springs when i get some new shocks, but i don't know. i was really hesitant about lowering my new car, but i got bored last thursday and had these sitting around so i put them on... go with tein... they're great springs at a great price.

EPHatchgirl
07-08-2003, 12:12 AM
I am biased, but I love my Tein springs. The ride is great, the drop is nice and the price is right.

chet
07-08-2003, 03:33 AM
I will be selling my Progress springs as soon as I get my KW coilovers installed. They're a great ride, no squeeking, and I will be selling them for about $80 or so. If you're interested.

DTR
07-08-2003, 01:14 PM
whats the actual right heights of the sportline versus the prokit, i considered tein because OF the price but i am more lenient towards the prokit vs. sportline. i never actually found out which ones lower, and whats the actual height as oppsed to their "claimed height", again im not going for the slammed look, i do want a good ride and close off the gap.

513n179
07-08-2003, 01:53 PM
tein will close off the gap and you'll ride smooth.

TEKBRAIN
07-09-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by DTR
whats the actual right heights of the sportline versus the prokit, i considered tein because OF the price but i am more lenient towards the prokit vs. sportline. i never actually found out which ones lower, and whats the actual height as oppsed to their "claimed height", again im not going for the slammed look, i do want a good ride and close off the gap.
Strangely, the actual height of the Sportline is the same as the claimed height.