PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealers SUCK!!! need suggestions

ApexinSi
06-21-2002, 08:09 AM
Well, I took my new si in for it's first oil change. I had a problem with the front license plate being crooked, and was scratching my paint. The Honda guy told me it's probably the brackets that need adjusting underneight...well I get the car back and the bastards drilled a hole right in the center of my front bumper to make the license plate bracket flush and even with the car...BTW it was still crooked, with a big gap... 99' and 00' si's have nasty looking plugs, and I was very pleased to see that when I got my new si it didnt' have holes/plugs in the front bumper. It's against traffic laws to ride around without a front license plate around here, but what if I wanted to enter my car in a show or something?.....with a big old ugly ass hole in the front.
Anyone's si come with a hole in the front bumper?

What u all think I should do?

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/ED/AC/10774509-c9bc-0201014E-.jpg
http://a8.cpimg.com/image/EC/AC/10774508-5c34-00BB008A-.jpg

SBC31
06-21-2002, 08:15 AM
Get them to replace your front bumper.

barcode
06-21-2002, 09:19 AM
i love Nove Scotia...we don't need front licenses!

IceD out N CALI
06-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Tell them what you told us, see what they say or more importantly do. Never know they might jus take care of you on the spot.

punkdork
06-21-2002, 01:57 PM
They should replace your bumper for that.

I took my front plate off. I haven't been stopped yet. The washington vechicle code states that a plate can't be required if it interferes with the functioning of the vehicle. If you ask me the plate blocks some air flow to the radiator... that interferes with the functioning enough for me.

I've yet to fight that battle though.

xlr8
06-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SBC31
Get them to replace your front bumper.
they better replace the bumper, that is bs

SiCivic2k2
06-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Holy sh*T! I would be pi$$ed! I would definately be pushing them to replace my bumper.

Satin Si
06-21-2002, 07:21 PM
:mad: Damn, I'd want a new bumper.

ApexinSi
06-22-2002, 06:31 AM
OK, now I don't much about body work n' crud.....but is that hole possible to patch, and repaint?
I'm thinking if I bring it up to the honda dealer they will just patch it or something cheap, for some reason I don' t think the dealership will replace my bumper.....You guys really serious when you all say that? I'm calling them Monday and telling them whats up and seeing what they have to say....this little mistake REALLY TICKED me off :mad: I've never had honda do anything right.
I have some gut feeling that I'm going to get more pissed off after I call them and tell them whats up...

CleanBlackSi02
06-22-2002, 07:59 AM
I'd ask for the car of the person that drilled the hole....then I'd proceed to drill a matching hole in their car. Unless of course they replace the bumper for you...

SBC31
06-22-2002, 08:55 AM
As far as I'm concern, there's no way they should have drilled a hole in your bumper without asking you. That is just wrong no matter what they say. The bottome brackets for the front plate are soft metal that can be bent to fit better and so on. Drilling a hole in a new bumper is a lazy way to fix it, anf the person that did this must be new, or doesn't car for the customer.

Also, having worked (along time ago) and having dealt with Car Dealers, I learnt a long time ago that if the car needs something fixed that is not hard to do, then I just do it myself. Too many times a Dealer messed something up or what not. I've even changed stuff that was under warranty myself since I never trust a dealer.

CleanBlackSi02
06-22-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by SBC31
As far as I'm concern, there's no way they should have drilled a hole in your bumper without asking you. That is just wrong no matter what they say. The bottome brackets for the front plate are soft metal that can be bent to fit better and so on. Drilling a hole in a new bumper is a lazy way to fix it, anf the person that did this must be new, or doesn't car for the customer.

Also, having worked (along time ago) and having dealt with Car Dealers, I learnt a long time ago that if the car needs something fixed that is not hard to do, then I just do it myself. Too many times a Dealer messed something up or what not. I've even changed stuff that was under warranty myself since I never trust a dealer.

Often, car enthusiats such as ourselves know more than the dealers do. When I went in trying to get information on the new Si before it came out, it seemed like all I did was tell them new information about the car. If you can work on your car yourself and you actually know what you're doing....DO IT!

2002HatchSi
06-23-2002, 03:34 PM
I love New Orleans... they could care less if u even had a license plate... lol but i would ask your dealer for a new bumper....:D

HYPERION-X
03-22-2003, 09:45 PM
So what ever happened? A dealership near me did the same thing to my friend and he's pissed! He wants a new bumper too! Please inform us about the situation, the info would be greatly appreciated.

n8s si
03-23-2003, 11:25 AM
new bumper... plain & simple.

ApexinSi
03-23-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by HYPERION-X
So what ever happened? A dealership near me did the same thing to my friend and he's pissed! He wants a new bumper too! Please inform us about the situation, the info would be greatly appreciated.
u ask what ever happened?....well the honda dealer wouldn't do a damn thing so i decided to live with it. I told the lady that when i bought the car there was no hole, now there is a hole....then she started going on how it was supposed to be there because in this state u must have a front license plate..blah blah blah
fook her and fook the honda dealership...

I didn't feel as bad once i saw how many other EPs have holes in their front bumpers... and I only have one, everyone else has 2.. :o

minimay7
03-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Dood...
Similar thing happened to me with my previous car (WRX)...

Good luck on holding the Honda people responsible for the damage. I fought with Subaru regarding this for months. They didn't do Jack!!!

Let's see if Honda is any better. Keep us posted on this!!

SoCaLep3
03-24-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by ApexinSi

u ask what ever happened?....well the honda dealer wouldn't do a damn thing so i decided to live with it. I told the lady that when i bought the car there was no hole, now there is a hole....then she started going on how it was supposed to be there because in this state u must have a front license plate..blah blah blah
fook her and fook the honda dealership...

I didn't feel as bad once i saw how many other EPs have holes in their front bumpers... and I only have one, everyone else has 2.. :o

mine dont have a hole in it, if i were you i would keep calling them up and telling them to fix it or get you a new bumper, and maybe if they get sick of you they might just do it.