PDA

View Full Version : My car EP pissed me off today!

iVtec si
07-07-2003, 07:36 PM
My fricken' drivers side window stopped working today! It got off track somehow, I have no clue. But I didn't want to take the whole damn door apart and then find out I needed a special tool or something. So I have to get up @ like 6:00 tommarow to make it to the dealership, then go to work all day. this sux ass, I just needed to vent!

BTW has anyone else had this problem?

STP03BlueSI
07-07-2003, 07:40 PM
damn that sucks. sorry to hear that. :(

hondafiend02
07-07-2003, 07:41 PM
yo i kno i get mad as hell when i find anything wrong wit my car

shimmy_yaz
07-07-2003, 07:42 PM
same here Hope yo make out alright and it is a quick easy fix

golferjn
07-07-2003, 08:01 PM
sorry to hear about that. hope it gets fixed quick

SBC31
07-07-2003, 09:26 PM
This has been a common issue woth many EP's. Luckily mine has been fine so far, but I remember an EP in the showroom when I first got my EP that had this problem.

Pretty minor thing if you ask me, but then again, having to bring the car in always does suck. COuld have been much worse, and luckily it's a common problem.

Good Luck getting up early...:D

IceD out N CALI
07-07-2003, 09:45 PM
that blows. hopefully you can get it taken care of quick

swapp99
07-07-2003, 10:11 PM
WARRANTY:D Sad to hear you have to leave your Ep @ the dealer:'( I hate when things go wrong with my Shiiittt:mad:

epTheo
07-07-2003, 10:13 PM
yea this shit has happened to me also, wouldnt go down for like 3days till the day i went to go bring in my car to get it checked it just went down that morning for some reaosn. i know how yah feel

chunky
07-07-2003, 10:47 PM
shouldn't need any special tools to remove the door panels. . . .

the trick is to pop off the silver trim on the door grip handle from BEHIND. there's a small opening, poke an allen wrench or something through there and there is one screw behind there that you have to get.

iVtec si
07-08-2003, 03:35 AM
I accually started to take the door panel off, that was easy. I was just weary about the window it's self.

iVtec si
07-08-2003, 07:28 AM
just got back from the dealership, all fixed. Only took a little over an hour to fix it too. I'm so glad they did it quick since it was a dealership I'd never been to I was kinda worried about it. The manager in the service dept. is Scott's (SouthHonda) brother in-law so that was a cool thing.

I also took a back way home and found out there's a new tuner shop by my house, so that was pretty nice!

EPHatchgirl
07-08-2003, 07:35 AM
Glad it was an easy fix. Did they tell you what went wrong? Was it just off track? My passenger side window squealed when I would put it down for a while, but then it stopped...

iVtec si
07-08-2003, 07:59 AM
yeah they said it was just off track, and my passenger window used to do that too.:p

blueiedgod
07-08-2003, 10:17 AM
My window poped off track a while back, when I would close it it pinched the weatherstripping and tore it. Dealer ended up replacing the regulator, track, and the weatherstripping.

I wonder if anyone had their passenger window come off track?

Team
07-08-2003, 10:51 AM
No problems with the window but with my door latch, the rod came off track so I couldnt open my door from the inside... so being the lazy person I am and fixing it myself I decided to take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

Adam