PDA

View Full Version : bought some hondata stuff!!!!!

MasterVTEC
07-08-2003, 12:59 AM
hey guys im buying the hondata flash with the intake manifold gasket, and also putting in the AEM CAI, how much power will i get? and i dont know if i should try to put gasket on or should i just pay them to do it? i know how to put CAI on but the gasket looks like it would be hard kuzz no space to work with in 03 SI (EB3):o

AkronSi
07-08-2003, 06:18 AM
The gasket isn't THAT bad. There is a pretty good sticky on the board about the install. Just give your self plenty of time and be sure to get a bunch of extensions. When I did mine (with silver ep and mikkellucci) it took us about 2 hours a pop.

If you are going to do the CAI yourself, just to the gasket anyway. To do the gasket install, you'll have to move the intake anyway.

Suk02Si
07-08-2003, 11:42 AM
on Church's dynapack hondata'd ep's with bolt ons are getting 160hp which is around 150-155 on the dynojet

MasterVTEC
07-09-2003, 12:19 AM
160 to the wheels? im wondering kuzz i just test drove my car with hondata and it seem hella faster! i could feel the extra tourqe it has now!!! i ddint put int the CAI yet or the Gasket so i wonder how much better that would be!!!!!! thanks for the replys

Suk02Si
07-09-2003, 01:16 AM
ep3guy put 160 down on a dynapack(which reads higher than dynojet)

02CivicSI-VTEC
07-09-2003, 02:16 AM
What dose the hondata gasket do?? i know i have one installed as well.. but all i feel is that TB is cooler. that its nuthing much in performance.

EP3_DC5
07-09-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC
What dose the hondata gasket do?? i know i have one installed as well.. but all i feel is that TB is cooler. that its nuthing much in performance.

It does not allow heat to transfer as easily from the head to the intake manifold. It is even more effective if you do the coolant bypass procedure. It shows a good 3-4 lbs/ft of torque throughout the RPM band and does most it's magic once the engine gets hot (ie: keeps the intake manifold cooler)

AkronSi
07-09-2003, 08:55 AM
What's the coolant bypass procedure?

02CivicSI-VTEC
07-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah i 've heard of that but i dont know how to do it. my friend type S did it on his and his car run better in hot weather because the engine doesnt hold that much heat in it..

redronin22
07-10-2003, 12:20 PM
u wont gain much hp with the gasket but the point of having one is u wont lose much hp due to heatsoak n running around in hot weather. hope that helps

MasterVTEC
07-11-2003, 12:40 AM
sweet i got it installed, damn it looked like a bitch to get it on, lucky i didnt try to even put it on my self!!!!!

the car feels reallly smooth now especailly with that gasket!!!!

im ready to go to the track now and represent hondata!!!!!!! if you go to CA speed way in fontana, look for Vivid blue SI 03' with Scott Robinson Honda plates, im runnin it and it's still new!!!!!!!!!!