PDA

View Full Version : black= wow / jdm= holyshit

eggsi
07-08-2003, 11:31 AM
I have my stock ones painted black right now but i just checked the front door and . surprise surprise out of no where my jdm ones just appeared, must have came when i was dreaming. i think i still am, i like the smooth factory look much better than flat black, but it still did cost a nice penny compared to the rattle can. So i will have pics of them on my white ep as soon as my car gets out of the shop Friday. (tranny died). By the way big thanks to Chuck at showstoppers. i'll be getting the bc3 soon.

civic hatch boi
07-08-2003, 12:09 PM
i take it you're talking about headlights?

Team
07-08-2003, 12:24 PM
yeah im thinking the same thing... but still lost

Adam

furious
07-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by eggsi
rattle can

you sprayed painted your headlights, right?

IceD out N CALI
07-08-2003, 12:42 PM
sounds like the lights.

BlairSpeed
07-08-2003, 01:00 PM
this thread reads like a script read for a cartoon short, doesnt?

(by the way, im really stoned right now........):cool:

civic hatch boi
07-08-2003, 01:13 PM
wut i'd give to be realy stoned right now too :T

Suk02Si
07-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Oh I get it now, you painted your stockies a while back and just recieved your JDM lights.

Brettnyt
07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
hmmm... to paint or not to paint... Black Si, really dont wanna screw em up...

JapanExpress
07-08-2003, 01:59 PM
hehehe, I was thinking, "how the heck is this guy gonna put JDM wheels on his car when they're 5 lug???" :o

pLopSI
07-08-2003, 02:00 PM
errr... im not seeing the difference between the jdm and us spec headlights. they both look exactly the same. Isn't the hint of orange in the stock headlights from the bulbs which can be fixed by gettin the silvervisions made by philips? Anywho... i wanna see them pics of the jdms. I hope this thread is really about the headlights or else im gonna sound like a dumass :confused:

jerky
07-08-2003, 02:03 PM
it is about headlights. the jdm non hid versions are a smoked chrome, whiles the usdm version is chrome. the jdm headlights look really nice i have seen them in person once. when i am done with my engine and suspension then maybe i will look into these.

Brettnyt
07-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by pLopSI
errr... im not seeing the difference between the jdm and us spec headlights. they both look exactly the same. Isn't the hint of orange in the stock headlights from the bulbs which can be fixed by gettin the silvervisions made by philips? Anywho... i wanna see them pics of the jdms. I hope this thread is really about the headlights or else im gonna sound like a dumass :confused:

too lazy to find pics, but basically, our headlights are just pure silver shiny chrome stuff, and JDM has a kinda shiny black coating.... Many people have tried to imitate it with flat black spray paint, thats what i am looking to do, but dont know how much better it will make my black Si look...

pLopSI
07-08-2003, 02:07 PM
ahh... i see, jerky. But since they're jdm, aren't they not legal here in the us because they got a different beam pattern since jspec cars drive on the right hand side of the car?

Civicvtec1ps
07-08-2003, 02:44 PM
ahh... i see, jerky. But since they're jdm, aren't they not legal here in the us because they got a different beam pattern since jspec cars drive on the right hand side of the car?
no..
shouldnt matter

HeelToePro
07-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
wut i'd give to be realy stoned right now too :T

BRO!! VTEC!! WHats up dude, long time no see!! I heard you got banned, what the hell was that all about? Dude next time your in LA we can get stoned together since Suky02Guy doesnt smoke...

eggsi
07-08-2003, 02:59 PM
i thought that i was replying to a message but i hit new thread, but yes i do like the DIY look but it will never replace the nice shiny gunmetal. You see when you paint them with a flat paint it doesn't shine really at all, Well the jdm one's look great. On a scale from 1 to 10 the DIY are a 9 while the jdm's are a 12. I'm sorry for sounding gay about all this but i am just too excited. The bastards at my local dealership have had my car since last monday for tranny repairs, and i thought that i was getting it back today, but no, the parts aren't even in yet, so now its Friday. I am gonna see if they will install my new lights for free or cheap labor since i have been without my baby for about 1.5 weeks. Anyone think that they will. any advice would be appreciated....... By the way buy all of your EP needs from Chuck at showstoppersusa.com, he is the best, you can't beat the prices or service. Chase aka eggsi

Wrc WRx
07-15-2003, 06:27 PM
pics?
:p

TrippZ
07-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

too lazy to find pics, but basically, our headlights are just pure silver shiny chrome stuff, and JDM has a kinda shiny black coating.... Many people have tried to imitate it with flat black spray paint, thats what i am looking to do, but dont know how much better it will make my black Si look...

itll make it look better, before subliminal crashed, i got to peep his headlights. very subtle but VERY clean.

redronin22
07-15-2003, 11:48 PM
400+ bills is pricey for "just" lights but once they are on they are just so pimpin =-)

StrangeShadow
07-16-2003, 12:28 AM
if I had my old job i'ld snag those up in one paycheck...crap...not having $$$ sucks

Type X
07-16-2003, 10:55 AM

jdm vs oem

fkagti
07-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Blairspeed, way to go.

I'll be joining you shortly.

peep da sig.

stephen
07-16-2003, 12:15 PM
too rich for my blood.

icegrill
07-16-2003, 11:44 PM
It's just not that big of a difference to justify the greenery. I wish they were darker like the ek ctr lights. :'(

abstrack
07-18-2003, 05:24 PM
nice lights... cant wait to buy em:)

Type X
07-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
It's just not that big of a difference to justify the greenery. I wish they were darker like the ek ctr lights. :'(

they are infact identical to the 00 ctr lights in shade and hue
however on the 02 ones the side part is still clear so your eye see's it as lighter

if i find one of my friend with 00 ctr's on his ek
i will tape over my side signal light and take a pic for your:D

IceD out N CALI
07-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Type X

jdm vs oem

nice comparison. although i knew the difference, it is nice to see those headlights side by side