PDA

View Full Version : silverstars or vision plus?

pLopSI
07-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey guys
Jus wonderin if anyone has tried out the philips vision plus bulbs on their ep. They claim 50% increase in lighting. But I need some testimonials.

I've read other threads bout the silvervisions. Mixed opinion bout those tho. They look bright head on, but do they really illuminate the road any better? Can anyone post pics for me by any chance?

I just want better looking/illuminating bulbs but w/out sacrificing safety... so those rice bulbs are a NO NO. Thanx for the help guys.

Zigen5
07-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Don't buy them!!!!!! They sux.. I bought them once and they are just regular light bulbs. It give off a yellowish beam, more yellow than stock! Go for SilverStar....

icegrill
07-08-2003, 09:16 PM
uhhh. look at the post above I've got a pic. Only the ends of the bulbs are tinted so they don't have any of that rainbow bullshit effect. Plus they're only available in the UK. Holla!

pLopSI
07-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Powerbulbs.com got them. yes, they're from uk but im sure they can be shipped no problem.

Wut pics btw?

Anywho... looks like im leaning towards the silvervisions... thanx for the help

SerbiaSi
07-09-2003, 06:11 PM
just get the Osram Silverstars from suvlights.com if yoy care about increse in lightning... they are the same thing as Sylvania Silverstars except they do not have the blue coating (which reduces the light output by about 20%). You can find more details on the suvlight.com website.

kadafi
07-11-2003, 10:48 AM
I have Vision Plus on my EP...
it's brither than the stock(i would say about 20~30%%)...but it's not whiter..

and it's good in the rain/snow/fog, since white/blushish white color output doesn't reflect greatly in the these conditions.

EP33
07-19-2003, 01:42 PM
IME burn out too fast for the $

Just installed XtraVision @ $9 each. They are brighter than stock and BETTER last longer than the SS I took out.

FYI, I installed one XtraVision and compared it to the stock bulbs.