PDA

View Full Version : How does this rice look?

MPgrunt81
08-22-2002, 12:26 PM
How many people on here think form is more Important than function. I keep readin, "how will this look and what is you opinion on what this looks like. I'd rather have an ugly (not that I think the Si is ugly) car thats fast than a good looking care thats slow. I constantly see people downing rice but then when I ask questions about horse their generally ignored. Just curious if anyone agrees with me. Now flame away.

fishboy
08-22-2002, 12:34 PM
i want my car to be faster, personally. i can care less about looks to an extent. i mean don't get me wrong, a type r kit is sweet and the mugen stuff is dope, but it's not for me. it's too costly also. besides, i want the outside mods to accent the original lines of my car. i want to paint my headlights gunmetal and get a carbon fiber rear wing. i'll even keep those nasty bumper lights too because they are growing on me, forget the clear because everybody is going to get them anyway. i think i have more fun thinking of what to get for my engine and suspension than thinking of what i can do to the outside.

2sloSi
08-22-2002, 03:02 PM
I am obssesed with my car being clean, i want it to look good. I think that the 02 si looks fine and if i had one i would definitley improve on it's look with a few things here and there but nothing drastic. Speed and power ultimatley rule! My times at the race track are the most important to me!

xlr8
08-22-2002, 03:59 PM
the most important thing to me is my car has to be able to do it all. i want a car thats as clean and well modded as any show car, but its got to be fast too. and i cant ever forget about handling.

TezGari
08-22-2002, 06:21 PM
IF you wana know how rice looks go to Honda-tech.com or Clubsi.com. Thiers so much rice thier youll think your in a chiniese buffet!

Anyways: I like my Si the way it is, im so scared to put intake on it that it might change my driving diffrently. I like it cause its quiet and when i want it can be a demon! I think it has everything in one, gas,speed and comfort (head room).

Im gona leave my one stock for now, i think its perfect.

I-4Si
08-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Mine is stock too, but I would like to add a K&N typhoon. I am hoping that it will improve my mileage a little bit. It will probably be offset by an si right foot anyway.

SpeedRacer
08-22-2002, 07:15 PM
when i got my intake i got shittier mileage

David K.
08-22-2002, 07:57 PM
I envy you guys that can leave your cars stock; I actually go to bed at night thinking about what I'm gonna do next....I'm NOT kidding.

I-4Si
08-22-2002, 08:02 PM
That's why I took up golf. Always on the look out for the perfect driver, putter, wedge, set of irons, golfballs, shoes......

SpeedRacer
08-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by David K.
I envy you guys that can leave your cars stock; I actually go to bed at night thinking about what I'm gonna do next....I'm NOT kidding.

i am just like you david last night i had a dream i got a carbon fiber hood actually i ordered it and i was going to pick it up at this restaurant and i kept going through diffrnt doors trying to find my hood and the owner said it is behind this door but the door was jammed and we were trying to get in to get the hood but then i woke up i was pissed i wanted to see the hood on my car before i woke up damnit all i think about is what i will do next to my car i am obsessed it must be un healthy

ssvr6
08-22-2002, 08:36 PM
The only thing I think about is racing, dyno-ing my car, going faster, and making more power.

The only mods I'm paying for are ones that add power or control.

Steve

2sloSi
08-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Here, here :p

Eric55inSacCA
08-22-2002, 09:38 PM
i dont have a problem wit either type of people..... i think its a personal prefference as far as if u want it lookin good or goin fast.... jus like if u want a hot girl wit so-so brains.. or an ugly girl wit all kinds of personality.. jus boils down to what u want personally.. me i love goin fast but i also have nothin to prove...no penile compensation... so for me i try to blend the looks and some speed, but i wanna look good goin fast too:D

ssvr6
08-23-2002, 04:27 AM
Did you just say that we have little dicks? :mad: :D

Steve

Eric55inSacCA
08-23-2002, 11:11 AM
i wouldnt know not my thing to worry bout:D i wouldnt make fun of people on thjis site anyways we're a great big dysfunctional family

!@#$%
08-25-2002, 08:08 PM
my EM civic is automatic. that alone makes me disfunctional.:(

themi6group
08-26-2002, 05:51 PM
stock is tight. some of you guys are tryna change stuff so fast just to keep up with everyone on the streets. beleive me, it's not all that to trick your car out on every option. my old 98 turbo civic was fun for a while but it was costly and i was starting to get bored. beating wrx's and m3's got old. it takes time for the good products to come out so i'll wait a bit, at least until i get some good miles on my car. $.02