PDA

View Full Version : OMG just when you thought zex would suck forever

smokincivic
07-09-2003, 05:51 PM
They are introducing their first ZEX wet kit, I'll provide a link as soon as I find one that is worthwhile, but if you go to zex.com they make mention of it.

SiCk_SiR
07-19-2003, 10:51 AM
but i was on the zex site the other day and saw that chrome nitrous bottle maaan that bottle looks nice i also like the new filter kit thay came out with.

Vertigo
08-15-2003, 03:22 AM
The new filter kit is ok, if you plan to run a dry kit. But as you know a dry kit will not work on our EP's because of no fuel return line. On a dry kit it is beter to have the nozzle about 2-3 feet from the TB. The filter system would not work very efficently on a wet kit. The reason being, on a wet kit you need to place the nozzle as close to the TB as possible. The further away the nozzle is from the TB the higher the chance of the nitrous/fuel mix has of falling out of suspension. Plus the chance of exploding in the intake tract and making you have a realy bad day.

SiK24
08-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Zex wants the nozzle 6" from the throttle body for the wet kit. I was waiting till we got to the dyno to tell, but I guess I can let it out. We put the Zex kit on a couple of weeks and are very happy with it so far. The car was running pretty good before, but now the kill list is really growing.

Current mods:
CR-V K24 swap, I/H/E/B-pipe w/o cat, and 65 shot

Kills on the bottle:
03 350z, 04 WRX STI, LT1 Z28, modded S2000, and more to come

I will be posting dynos soon hopefully. Was trying to wait for the cams to come in.

simione
08-27-2003, 04:53 PM
:eek: wow! Sik24 that is some kill list!

ep3 BMX racer
08-28-2003, 03:52 PM
i just ordered the zex filter and a dry kit will it work with the si?

cilck here for bmx racing info (http://www.ababmx.com)

SiK24
08-29-2003, 03:34 PM
No, you have to buy the Wet kit. The new fuel systems don't have a return fuel line which is what the dry kit uses to adjust fuel when spraying.

Some places only list the wet kit for the RSX type S, but it is the same kit as the Si.