PDA

View Full Version : Re: Engine troubles UPDATE

Brettnyt
07-10-2003, 08:36 PM
So, many of you read about my post about engine troubles a while back... My Stock 02 Si, with 3567 miles on it was having trouble starting... A couple times a week, in all sorts of conditions, my car would have trouble starting. The engine would turn over but just fail to fire up. Being a Honda, this was not the thing I expected. I called Honda of Kirkland just 2 days ago to schedule an oul change, tightening of the E-Brake, and A diagnosis and fixing of the start problem. Dropped my car off last night, and have my car back, running better than ever. They found that the problem was merely a faulty ground wire. I am so relieved by this as it could have been something MUCH more major than that (afterall, I am only 16, i didnt know how serious it was, i just knew that it was embarrasing as hell to try and start my car in front of my friends and have it fail...) My experience with Honda of Kirkland was a pleasure and I would highly reccomend them to anyone in the area. They took care of me and my car, free of charge (Oil change aside). They also took the time to wash and vaccum my interior so she would look all purdy when I picked her up. Ah, I am so happy to have a car that is functioning to its fullest abilities.... (Minus Mods... ;) :( )

-Brett

ULTRAMANIA
07-10-2003, 08:41 PM
hip hop hooray for bretts ep!:D

redronin22
07-10-2003, 08:51 PM
:D nice

Brettnyt
07-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Ahh, i love it so much more now that everytime I start it I dont have to worry...

Brettnyt
07-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, we are on speaking terms again! :D

SinisterCivicSi
07-10-2003, 11:14 PM
nice to hear a good ending for once to a dealer experience. ;)
glad to hear your baby is back on track man.

cbecker333
07-11-2003, 07:05 AM
That is amazing - a 16-year-old who DOESN'T know everything and is actually able to admit it. I'm glad your ride is fixed, bro - my dealership has pretty good service too.

-Chris

Dunrick
07-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Damn my e-brake needs tightening....It will hold my car when parked, but I can't whip it out for crap when moving.......WTF!!!

Maybe I'll see if I can do it myself...I'm scared of dealerships

TrippZ
07-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333
That is amazing - a 16-year-old who DOESN'T know everything and is actually able to admit it. I'm glad your ride is fixed, bro - my dealership has pretty good service too.

-Chris

hey now, dont start.

cbecker333
07-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Heheheee! That was definitely not directed at you personally trippz ;) - and probably is an unfair generalization.....:p :p

Brettnyt
07-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Damn my e-brake needs tightening....It will hold my car when parked, but I can't whip it out for crap when moving.......WTF!!!

Maybe I'll see if I can do it myself...I'm scared of dealerships

EXACTLY! Mine wouldnt even do it in the rain! should be fixed now, seems to be workin great... even when I used to park on hills, I could hear my car slowly creeping back... Everytime I would park, i would have to pull the brake up ALL the way, and that is also with my car in gear. When they checked it out, it did seem to be looser than usual, but now she seems to be parking well... I still have to test her while moving...

SinisterCivicSi
07-11-2003, 11:30 AM
i have had 2 incidents with my parking brake when i first got my car. i never had to keep my old civic in gear - just the ebrake would hold it when parked, unless i was on a big hill then i would put it in gear just to be safe. but with the ep, it has rolled down my driveway 2x when the brake was on and in neutral. freaked me out to look outside and see half my car sitting in the road! i called honda both times and they looked at it and tightened it a bit. the sevice mgr told me that with the rear disc brakes, the ebrake cannot be the sole thing that holds the car when parked on a hill, no matter if its a big one or a small one. he told me if they tighten it any more it would damage my rear rotors and that i must always put the car in gear when parked or this is going to potentially happen again. has anyone else been told this?
that was a tough thing to remember after driving a car for 6 years that never needed that.

dw735
07-11-2003, 01:53 PM
i guess i was close by saying it was a voltage drop. i think a lot of honda has problems with these.

Brettnyt
07-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Awww... aint she a cutie...