PDA

View Full Version : Crutchfield has info!

SLOlife
08-22-2002, 04:03 PM
Hey just to let you know crutchfield online has our car listed now.2002 civic si (http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-vRa1VOTSeKY/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?cs=0&id=&lp=)

Good news is that they have an Alpine cd changer that works with the stock deck, along with another one.

Bad news is that it says that they don't have any speakers that fit, and that to replace the deck we may have to "require some modification, such as: File or cut your dash opening"

But that is what the site says, maybe if you call they may have more info, or what they have at the moment is incomplete.:D

SpacemanSpiff
08-22-2002, 05:22 PM
It's about time, I've been going there and requesting that they add the 2002 Si at least once a week for a while.....:)

SLOlife
08-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Just got off the phone with them. They have not performed all the research for the speaker size and instructions to install. And Since they do not have a kit out for the deck you have to modify an existing one. Have to wait even longer:rolleyes:

SIborland
08-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Yeah I e-mailed them a while back cause they didnt have any info on our car. I said that i wouldnt mind being the donor, as long as they hooked me up with some ish. Plus their head quarters isnt that far from me. But they never got back to me, too bad...nice try hahaha

natesi
08-26-2002, 10:03 PM
According to the chart, 6X9s are easy to install in the rears?!?!

I thought they were 6.5....??? No?

SLOlife
08-27-2002, 08:28 AM
No! you are looking at the 2002 civic coupe, you need to look underneath the civic option after you pick the brand(honda), it will say civic SI.

:mad: At the moment it does not say anything about speaker size.:D

esmith13
08-28-2002, 11:45 AM
Called them today...

Apparently, they have a backorder of the CORRECT dash kit for our car. They expect to fill all backorders and have ready supply of dash kits within two weeks.

They claim they donot have any speakers that fit our cars yet tho.

I requested that they email me as soon as a ready stock is available on the dash kit....

The wait is almost over.......

Ritteri
09-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Exactly what size speakers come in the front doors anyway???