PDA

View Full Version : Help Skunk2 Coilover Help!!!!1

civic-si 2003
07-11-2003, 10:56 AM
HELP I HAVE BIG PROBLEM....I HAVE THE FRONT STRUT OUT AND I HAVE THE WHOLE GETUP BUT THERE IS A GAP BETWEEN THE SPRING AND THE BEARING PLATE (THE THING WITH THE THREE BOLTS ON THE TOP OF THE STRUT MOUNT) AND IF I PUT THAT ON AND GO OVER A HILL OR A BUMB THE SPRIGNS WOULD GO EVERYWHERE. PLEASE HELP....ILL TRY TO GET PICS.

Suk02Si
07-11-2003, 10:58 AM
that's what you get for getting coilover sleeves for your stock shocks:D

j/k

fishboy
07-11-2003, 11:41 AM
yup, i have gcs and they do the exact same thing. just don't go airborn.

02SilverSiHB
07-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by fishboy
yup, i have gcs and they do the exact same thing. just don't go airborn.
? I'm confused. I don't think I have that problem with mine.

02SilverSiHB
07-11-2003, 11:59 AM
ah, crap, I know what he's talking about now. You mean when the car is jacked up there is a big gap between the silver plate that the skunk2 comes with and the upper stock mount with the bolts. That's how it is with sleeves.

sleepin02si
07-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
ah, crap, I know what he's talking about now. You mean when the car is jacked up there is a big gap between the silver plate that the skunk2 comes with and the upper stock mount with the bolts. That's how it is with sleeves.

So, unless you get thw kw coilovers, this problem will occur with all sleeve coilovers (skunk2, gc, etc.)? Or did this problem occur because stock struts and shocks were not replaced? I'm looking into coilovers for my next upgrade and don't know if the $1400 (retail) is worth the cost. I have read a few reviews on the kw's here in the hatch, but am still not sure if the cost is worth the gain. Any feedback?

$kraps
07-24-2003, 08:48 AM
Yeah man I have the Skunk2's also and mine is the same way..You are gonna have the same problem with any coilover sleeve you have....I've had mine on for about 6 months now with no problems you'll be fine.

02SilverSiHB
07-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by sleepin02si

So, unless you get thw kw coilovers, this problem will occur with all sleeve coilovers (skunk2, gc, etc.)? Or did this problem occur because stock struts and shocks were not replaced? I'm looking into coilovers for my next upgrade and don't know if the $1400 (retail) is worth the cost. I have read a few reviews on the kw's here in the hatch, but am still not sure if the cost is worth the gain. Any feedback?
well, if you consider it a problem, then yes. I've never been launched into the air enough to have the springs unset themselves..the guy that started this post had his car jacked up and wasn't thinking about how it would be when the car was lowered. OVerall though, if I could do it again, I'd get the KW, I have skunk2 and koni's right now. They are nice, but the KW is better.