PDA

View Full Version : Factory Body Kit Parts Are Coming In Good Supply Now...

JSIR
07-11-2003, 11:45 AM
A week ago I asked my Honda dealer parts guy about the body kit parts and he didnt' even know they existed, he had no part numbers or anything. Today he ordered me the front lower skirt and it will be shipped tonight, I will have it tomorrow.

Its at least nice that they are making the parts available individually, and the price is actually very reasonable. I'm getting the front lower skirt for under $400 Canadian, I think list is in the high $400's but I get a decent discount from the parts guy on all items. Not bad considering its painted and all parts for direct bolt on, no crappy install stuff like some aftermarket kits. Just some info. for anyone that's been waiting to get this stuff.

Joey

JapanExpress
07-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Cool, is this only in Canada? Can you get prices for each of the other pieces?

spoon3168
07-11-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
A week ago I asked my Honda dealer parts guy about the body kit parts and he didnt' even know they existed, he had no part numbers or anything. Today he ordered me the front lower skirt and it will be shipped tonight, I will have it tomorrow.

Its at least nice that they are making the parts available individually, and the price is actually very reasonable. I'm getting the front lower skirt for under $400 Canadian, I think list is in the high $400's but I get a decent discount from the parts guy on all items. Not bad considering its painted and all parts for direct bolt on, no crappy install stuff like some aftermarket kits. Just some info. for anyone that's been waiting to get this stuff.

Joey
Joey
is me spoon3168 again
which honda did u call coz i call ideal they still haven't get the part number and pricing, they say honda haven't sellling it yet.. weird..ehh?

Calvin

spoon3168
07-11-2003, 12:36 PM
the funniest thing, he help me call honda warehouse and ask and they say is not for sale at all:confused:

JSIR
07-11-2003, 02:18 PM
This is from London Honda, its coming from the wharehouse in TO which is funny that they tell you that stuff. Too bad I didnt know sooner I could have ordered one for you. If you want I can check with the parts guy at the beginning of the week , but all of the dealers should be able to get the parts now. I'll have a part number tomorrow when I pick mine up.

Joey

cbecker333
07-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress

WHAT HE SAID!! I want a f'ng wing, dammit!:mad:

JSIR
07-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress

I really don't know if this kit is just in Canada or what is going on, you would think that it would be available in the US though. But in US funds it would be pretty cheap compared to anything else even with shipping costs. If you're interested I can get my parts guy to price things out next week. Just need to know the colour so they can check availability. I know the upper rear wing is $500 Canadian or so.

Joey

cbecker333
07-11-2003, 02:31 PM
If you get a chance to ask, I'm looking for the rear wing in silver. Thanks.

JSIR
07-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
If you get a chance to ask, I'm looking for the rear wing in silver. Thanks.

Checker, I'll check for availability on Monday for ya, pretty sure the price on them is $500 Canadian, shipping extra. In US funds thats something like $400 US or less.

Joey

fyzm7357
07-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Please do check on the pricing on all of the kit parts. I'm interested in a wing shipped to Iowa....
Thanks

JSIR
07-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
Please do check on the pricing on all of the kit parts. I'm interested in a wing shipped to Iowa....
Thanks

Okay Dave, I'll chekc one white upper rear wing as well.

STP03BlueSI
07-11-2003, 02:49 PM
y is the US so frickin SLOW in gettin stuff like this?!?!

Jester
07-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Wing is sweet:D

I put mine on last night (picked it up on Wed.)
Saw the rest up close on black and silver Ep's and I have to say it doesn't look too bad at all.

IceD out N CALI
07-11-2003, 06:27 PM
lucky canada peeps

siver-SI
07-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Can you post the part number for the rear wing in Silver? I am going to try a US dealership for the hell of it maybe next week. If I have the part number it might help. I get a discount from them since I have had to get a few things for my race Honda's there since they are only OEM parts still. I just hope they still give me my discount because that will be a bit off there with something that high in price.

Thanks

Jester
07-11-2003, 06:52 PM
here's the link for the thread about the wing should have all the info you need

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17145

siver-SI
07-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Sorry I should have said what is the paint code for Silver? I looked at that post before and I saw this,

08F02-S5T-350 (350, I believe is the paint code for black)

I did not see a code for the silver yet.

Jester
07-11-2003, 07:10 PM
here's the link you are looking for. This is the part # I used Honda Canada gave me the wrong one (front skirt instead of the wing..bastards)

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17002

spoon3168
07-11-2003, 07:38 PM
This is from London Honda, its coming from the wharehouse in TO which is funny that they tell you that stuff. Too bad I didnt know sooner I could have ordered one for you. If you want I can check with the parts guy at the beginning of the week , but all of the dealers should be able to get the parts now. I'll have a part number tomorrow when I pick mine up.

Joey
Joey ur from london??actually i want to know how much is the total kit price, can u help me check the price for each piece and the full kit, i wanna know which way is cheaper.. i wanna buy it the next 2weeks :( ,coz i spend too much on my suspension.:D
thanks
calvin

siver-SI
07-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Jester
here's the link you are looking for. This is the part # I used Honda Canada gave me the wrong one (front skirt instead of the wing..bastards)

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17002

Thanks. There is so many diffrent posts on this same part that I am just missing stuff.

Type X
07-11-2003, 08:00 PM
while u guys are doing hondaparts

can u get me a price on a heated drivers mirror and switch for a 02 SiR taffeta white?

pm me the price if possible

thanks

fyzm7357
07-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Type X
while u guys are doing hondaparts

can u get me a price on a heated drivers mirror and switch for a 02 SiR taffeta white?

pm me the price if possible

thanks

I'll second this...I've either wanted to do this or power folding mirrors, but heated mirrors sound more resonable.

bao_pay
07-11-2003, 10:37 PM
I checked with honda using the parts numbers you guys posted and the guy at Honda said they don't make them in silver. Only red blue and white. That is pure bullshit. The thing is, I don't trust the guy at the dealership but I do trust you guys. If there is anyone out there who knows for sure that there is a silver wing for the gfx kit please let me know. I've been trying to get one since the first post went up from bmx269 w/ pics of the gfx kit.
The dealership and a telephone number would be a great great help. Please post here... or email me. Thanks guys.

the parts code I used before was
08F02-S5T-340 for silver

Jester
07-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Oh MY GOD!

They just gave you the biggest bullshit line ever!
The only colour that they don't make is Milano Red (even says so on honda's website)
I've seen a silver one in person on Thursday at Sterling Honda
www.sterlinghonda.com
give them a call and ask. They just got finished a kit on a silver one and a black one. I talked to the Tech that did the install to simplify the instructions for the wing install.

I got mine from Image Honda (both dealerships are in Hamilton Ontario)
www.imagehonda.com

STP03BlueSI
07-12-2003, 05:55 AM
ok y am i haveing troubles gettin info on these parts from American dealerships...maybe i should just go to canada. lol

JSIR
07-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by spoon3168

Joey ur from london??actually i want to know how much is the total kit price, can u help me check the price for each piece and the full kit, i wanna know which way is cheaper.. i wanna buy it the next 2weeks :( ,coz i spend too much on my suspension.:D
thanks
calvin

Yeah I can find out Monday, my parts guys is off today, I'm just heading over there now to pick up my front skirt, hopefully it arrived last night as expected. I don't expect the kit price to be any cheaper than the sum of the individual parts but I will check for you. Maybe check those other dealers listed in this link for comparison of prices. I'm pretty sure my parts guy is getting me a pretty good deal on parts, it'd be interesting to know.

Joey

siver-SI
07-12-2003, 06:21 AM
I just tryed my US dealership today and they have not heard about the kit yet. I did give then the part number for the Silver wing and their system said part not found. So Honda must not have put it in the US system yet. :(

bao_pay
07-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Man I am getting pissed. I went to Honda last week and they didn't have the kit or even know about it. Then I ask my friend who has "connections" at one of the other dealerships and thats when I got that stupid ass answer that they don't make them in silver!?!?! I really want this wing but it's starting to give me real headaches!!!

JSIR
07-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Looks like the part has been sold to Checker, so I don't have any more for sale right now as I need to keep one for myself.

I can check on Monday for more availability if others want the Honda part. let me know.

Joey

TrippZ
07-12-2003, 11:35 AM
this shits so expensive lol

JSIR
07-14-2003, 10:01 AM
spoke to my parst guy today, they shipped me a rear upper wing on the weekend by mistake. So my front lower lip will be here tomorrow now, but at least he is going to give me an even bigger discount for the trouble, which will ge great. Should have it all installed by tomorrow night I think.

As of right now he can get pretty much any body kit part individually in any colour as they are in stock at the wharehouse they deal with. I never asked about red as someone said they dont come in red.

The parts guy said these parts wont be around forever, each dealer has been allocated 4-5 kits each (thats how many they are bringing into Canada. Once they are gone there is no guarantee they will be available like they are currently. If anyone wants a part shoot me an e-mail at jmazz10435@aol.com

Joey

JaYdEeEm
07-14-2003, 12:44 PM
the front lower lip that you're getting is the pic that bmx posted that is called the Si-R kit right??? not the lip that looks like the ctr??

JSIR
07-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by JaYdEeEm
the front lower lip that you're getting is the pic that bmx posted that is called the Si-R kit right??? not the lip that looks like the ctr??

that is correct, its the GFX SiR kit in Canada, it is different than the CTR kit. Out of this kit I like the rear upper wing and front lower skirt/lip, I dont care for the side skirts or rear lip.

hth

Joey

spoon3168
07-14-2003, 03:21 PM
hey joey
got the full price for the kit yet??

calvin

JSIR
07-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by spoon3168
hey joey
got the full price for the kit yet??

calvin

Calvin, sorry dude forgot today as I was too hurried with my shipping mix-up, tomorrow for sure, what colour as I can check availability which is important. I will let you know tomorrow for sure, should be home around 1pm so I can e-mail then.

Joey

JaYdEeEm
07-14-2003, 05:21 PM
ohh i see..i like the rear also but im not really feeling the front. it looks like a bumper over a bumper. but anyways thanks for the reply though.

spoon3168
07-14-2003, 05:31 PM

Calvin, sorry dude forgot today as I was too hurried with my shipping mix-up, tomorrow for sure, what colour as I can check availability which is important. I will let you know tomorrow for sure, should be home around 1pm so I can e-mail then.

Joey
black

JSIR
07-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Calvin, I emailed you the stuff, let me know if you need anything or if you didn't receive it.

JOey

KeNnYtAkEr
07-16-2003, 05:55 AM
Thats GFX kit is alright has alil of the concept back to it. nice type r side skirts and rear wing, but the front lip i dunno kinda iffy.
And i heard the dealships has 3 per dealer one white, blue, black and thats it. Honda Canada is still deciding wheather to sell this kit yet or not.

JSIR
07-16-2003, 07:49 PM
I just installed my silver front lower lip tonight on my car, I think it looks great, definitely worth the price, finishes the front end very nicely. A big improvement over the stock front end, the car has some style to it now. It balances off the rear upper wing as well, those two parts work well together, I'd skip the side skirts and rear lower skirt myself , save a few bucks and the car still looks great.

Big note of info to anyone who buys the kit or front lower lip. The front lower lip does not fit with factory fog lights !, yes that is correct, Honda did not design this kit to fit with Honda factory fog lights, they fucked up royally. The tech guys in head office are embarrased to shit over this. I can't believe it happened, and either can my parts guy. That is unheard of for factory parts.

But after several hours of cutting and shaving I got my front lower skirt to fit with my factory fog lights, it took a lot of modification but I got it to work. My parts guy is gonna have a shit tomorrow when I show him how I got it to work.

:D

Joey

Surprise
07-16-2003, 09:11 PM
PICS, PICS :D

I wanna see too!

Civicvtec1ps
07-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Surprise
PICS, PICS :D

I wanna see too!
ditto.
i would like to see front lip on silver car as well.
pics:D

KeNnYtAkEr
07-17-2003, 05:02 AM
I've seen a couple of the gfx SiR around pretty sweet. Type R rear wing cost $560Cdn but comes factory painted, BUt thats like the only part my dealer can get a hold of!? He said he doesn't know about th erest of the kit yet... still waiting for Honda canda to answer. U know how it is. americans always get 1st dibs on everything then mini america...

Anyways Joey can u help me check out the price of those side skirts and the lower rear lip. thx man

KeNnYtAkEr
07-17-2003, 05:03 AM
GFX SiR only comes in White, Black and Blue =T

JSIR
07-17-2003, 05:23 PM
here is a link to two pics of Silver SiR with front lower lip and upper rear wing - GFX parts. I had to modify the lip to fit factory fog lights, lots of work but looks good IMO.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3268a126524

enjoy

Joey