PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here take off there Si/SiR badge

Hachiman
07-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Just wondering how you take it off the front grill? I'm afraid I might break it.

beansbear
07-14-2003, 02:12 AM
Best way is to remove the entire bumper and pry off the circular clips with a screwdriver very very carefully... any other way will probably break something...

im waiting for my kit to get painted to put my SiR emblems on!

dupmaronew
07-16-2003, 01:31 PM
I broke mine when I tried to take it off. It did come off but broken so be careful!!

Hachiman
07-16-2003, 03:31 PM
I HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE WHOLE BUMPER?!?!?!

cjonesgo
07-16-2003, 04:26 PM
it depends...

if you want to just remove the "si" and do not care about putting it back on, then just pop a few of the plastic clips on the top of the bumper and gently pull the top of the bumper out enough to fit your hand in. use side cutters(wire cutters) to cut off the retaining clip. you may have to reach up from the lower grill to get the side cutters in the correct angle. it is a squeeze, but not too bad. it takes fifteen minutes tops.

if you want to put it back on someday, then you have to pull off the bumper in order to get to the retaining clips. that way you can pry them gently and not damage the mounting posts. this way = more work.

i used method one. if i ever want it back on there, i'll buy a new mounting bracket(the black plastic piece) and reinstall it that way. as i will likely never remount it, this is faster and MUCH more simple.

ep88
07-16-2003, 05:38 PM
i broke mine too :o :D

Brettnyt
07-16-2003, 11:56 PM
LOL, just break it off, the Si will stay intact if you do it carefully, you just lose the plastic clups that keep it on there... I broke mine off during the NW meet the other day...

chubbychu
07-17-2003, 01:24 AM
my tabs Flew off to "i dont know where" after i got aggravated and just snapped them off! its like not your gonna put it back on! it looks better without it anyways

Hachiman
07-17-2003, 07:40 AM
True. I'll still have the SiR badge on the back too.

Brettnyt
07-17-2003, 09:28 AM
Yeah, i kept my Si badge on the back, but took off the civic.... VERY easy to do if you have some goof off, or goo gone... Looks better with just the Si/SiR too... Even my mom agrees and i thought she would be pissed at me for tearin it off! :)

Hachiman
07-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all the replies guy's. I'll attempt this mod tonight.:D

Hopefull everything goes smooth!

Hachiman
07-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Took my SiR badge off last night, You guys were right!
It was easy as hell and it looks SICK!!

Ride_Me
07-24-2003, 12:37 AM
I took my civic SI badge off the back, and I also cut out the front top grill...I put in a custom wire mesh grill...what a pain in the butt...but it looks a lot better...hit me up sometime if someone wants some help hints, or wants to see pics of what it looks like...well i will add this pic, but you cant really see it to well...but it gives you an idea

raiyo
07-24-2003, 05:20 PM
OMG, getting that sucker out wasn't easy. Tooked the emblem out in one piece, without taking the whole bumper out. Took me like 30 minutes and my back feels like shit.

Thanks for the heads up guys on the being careful part. I was gentle with the emblem, but wasn't with my finger. Jammed that screwdriver right above the nail, OUCH, it hurts I tell yah. Some skin came off from rubbing aganist here and there. Good part of the whole thing is the emblem is in one piece. Better off taking the thing off myself than some thiefs doing it for me.

Here's a pic of what you'll be facing, and the final result.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pac76e89f0e9bbde4af669d94fd1f5a03/fb952d8f.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p68ddf87306b8b63149c7e047bd44d34a/fb952d96.jpg