PDA

View Full Version : KONI Yellows kick a fair amount of arse

AlBlueCar
07-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Well, got me EP back yesterday with the KONI's installed with Sportlines and .......
....WOW.
NO MORE BODY ROLL!!!:D Not only does the car handle better, it also has a much more comfortable ride. Also, the car finally feels connected to the road (one of my major gripes-some of you may remember my April post:( ) but all is just dandy. The adjustment is very easily done, although I had to EXENSIVELY modify the rear adjustment knob (pics later) . Just 2 turns of the knob and it handles like a race car, judging by my experience with rtace cars:confused: . So next week I get the Powerslots and then I take a break from modifying to allow my car (and my funds) to recuperate.

WHEEEEEEEE!

02TafWhtSi
07-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Sounds great - awesome mod :)
What was your April gripe?

Jodster
07-12-2003, 01:31 PM
I use to have Koni yellows on my 01 EX. They are a great mod to have. Just remember not to turn the struts all the way up. They will bust really easy if you do that. I learned the hard way.

golferjn
07-12-2003, 04:50 PM
sounds good

EP33
07-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Welcome:D

Will you ever get springs without shocks in the future?

TrippZ
07-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by EP33
Welcome:D

Will you ever get springs without shocks in the future?

thats never a good idea, aftermarket springs will cause shocks to blow early, so he'll have to get new shocks either way. might as well get them done at once. that's what I'm doing, because I dont want to blow my shocks.

SmoothOperator
07-13-2003, 12:54 PM
My shocks are still holding up quite nicely with the Sportlines. However I will replace them down the road.

TEKBRAIN
07-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Good!
We share the same setup!

dchu
07-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Yeah I'm dying for some shocks too. My Si with only springs still feels like a boat compared to my bro's '99 civic with prokits and bilsteins. Turn in, lean, everything feels like crap compared to his ride :( . Hopefully direct replacement shocks are going to be released this year.

AlBlueCar
07-13-2003, 07:53 PM
I got my shocks turned to 1.5 / 2 turns, so they're stilll stiff but not all the way toight:D (loyke a toyger). In retrospect- never buy just the springs because of massive shock induced headaches after driving:p .

Oh an the April thing was that I hated my car and wanted to sell it, but then I talked my parents into letting me modify it, so I kept it and the rest is history and I now love having my car cause i've only seen six since January (when I got mine).

BTW- I saw a black EP on Highway 55, outbound from Chicago yesterday at 2:20. Whodunnit?

02SilverSiHB
07-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Jodster
I use to have Koni yellows on my 01 EX. They are a great mod to have. Just remember not to turn the struts all the way up. They will bust really easy if you do that. I learned the hard way. :o I just race in autox today...did 7 runs full tension in the rear, 1/4 in the front. I'll take that advice to the heart, I guess I was lucky.

Chrisbgft
07-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Where and how much for the Koni Yellows?

bigcase
07-14-2003, 10:18 AM
where and how much, im looking to do the same thing.

AlBlueCar
07-14-2003, 11:17 AM
531 dollhares at importhorizon.com. Definitely reccomend buying a set.