PDA

View Full Version : Test drove 02 Si

2sloSi
08-22-2002, 06:36 PM
Hey ephatcher's,

I test drove a 02 silver si today and let me tell ya, i friggin, am in love! The shifter is sweeeeeeeettttttt! How can you not like this car, the interior is awsome! Driving it is just a great experience. I chirrped 2nd gear many times, i even chirpped 3rd, like others have said they did! I want one! BAD! :cool:

civic hatch boi
08-22-2002, 06:55 PM
i notice u had a 00si.. how does it compare? :)

JSIR
08-22-2002, 07:16 PM
I think you hit it right on the head - it's a great driving experience. Great cockpit - seats, steering, shifter, good handling, nice engine, practical design. Its not the fastest car or the best handling car, styling is okay, but nice all around package. Made me get rid of my 99 SiR. Plus there hasn't been any Civic or Integra before this that has anywhere near the chasis rigidity of the 2002 Si(R), this chasis is amazingly solid, that's why people love the feel of it when they first drive it. The old Civics feel so spongy compared to the new one IMO.

I-4Si
08-22-2002, 07:20 PM
The test drive is what sold me too. It was so dang fun to drive.
Now that its broken in, its even more fun. It sound great revving, yet mine is extremely quite cruising at 80mph. All I hear is wind noise.

2sloSi
08-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
i notice u had a 00si.. how does it compare? :)

Honestly, powerwise it feel's the same. I think it would be a driver's race in the 1/4 mile.

O.k. hear it is, the 02 Si is just as fast as the 99-00 with a decent driver, the 99-00 is very top endy. I would always be a car length behind in races but i always caught up because of the b16's topend rush at like 6 grand up to 8, the 02 doesn't have the top end like my 00 but it has it down low which is great for street racing! to me the 02 feels faster because you don't have to push it to the limit to get good acceleration, my 00 was fast i won lots of race's (lost lot's too) but for me to win against competitive car's i had to rev the hell out of it, were as the k20 in the 02 si u don't have to! I hope everyone understands what i'm tryin to say

nickw252
08-22-2002, 08:17 PM
I havent driven one yet but this just makes me want to more... Maybe its best that I dont though because then I will want to trade in the 00 Si.

todaCspec
08-23-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by 2sloSi

Honestly, powerwise it feel's the same. I think it would be a driver's race in the 1/4 mile.

O.k. hear it is, the 02 Si is just as fast as the 99-00 with a decent driver, the 99-00 is very top endy. I would always be a car length behind in races but i always caught up because of the b16's topend rush at like 6 grand up to 8, the 02 doesn't have the top end like my 00 but it has it down low which is great for street racing! to me the 02 feels faster because you don't have to push it to the limit to get good acceleration, my 00 was fast i won lots of race's (lost lot's too) but for me to win against competitive car's i had to rev the hell out of it, were as the k20 in the 02 si u don't have to! I hope everyone understands what i'm tryin to say

that's exactly how i felt when test driving the 02 si. although i like the lower seating stance in the sol. 02 si is a very good package,it just makes you want to go out and drive.

JSIR
08-23-2002, 07:05 AM
in normal everyday cruising situations the 02 Si just feels more refined, with more power coming out of the corners and the improved structure and driving environment. In full racing situations it kind of lacks a bit, but is still very respectable. This car needs some more top end power and perhaps a few more revs would be nice. I do miss the top end power of my 99 Si. The 02 Si takes off the line pretty damn quick though, something very different from other Civics, you really enjoy that in daily driving.

ULTRAMANIA
08-23-2002, 10:40 AM
hey dood.. once you break it in.. it'dl be ALOT BETTER.. trust me... if you purchase it that is...

Spidey
08-23-2002, 11:47 AM
I have to agree. the interior and the driving experience is what made me pick this car. the exterior is nice but the interior is killer.
all the controls are in right place and the seats........

Mechanic
08-23-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
I think you hit it right on the head - it's a great driving experience. Great cockpit - seats, steering, shifter, good handling, nice engine, practical design. Its not the fastest car or the best handling car, styling is okay, but nice all around package. Made me get rid of my 99 SiR. Plus there hasn't been any Civic or Integra before this that has anywhere near the chassis rigidity of the 2002 Si(R); this chassis is amazingly solid, that's why people love the feel of it when they first drive it. The old Civics feel so spongy compared to the new one IMO.

Yea, I'm with JSIR. I, too, had an Si before (actually three: a '90, a '91, and a 2000). While I didn't sell the '00 Si for my new '02, the new '02 feels like a lot more automobile. I LIKE the 2-liter motor. I also think that the things you see and touch in the '02 are of much higher quality. I didn't expect that when I went to buy the car, but every time I drive it I'm impressed with how much car I got for my money. It's really a cut above the rest of the Honda line, if truth be told. Let's here it for the Brits!

02blksi
08-24-2002, 09:29 AM
2slo Hurry up and get an 02!!! :) --joe, who CAN get you a good deal on one :D

2sloSi
08-24-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 02blksi
2slo Hurry up and get an 02!!! :) --joe, who CAN get you a good deal on one :D

Believe me i want one, i gotta get one so i can race my 00 rival's and stomp there ass! ;) .............j/k. Hey Joe i called u yesterday gimmee a call today we'll talk!

CleanBlackSi02
08-24-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 2sloSi

Believe me i want one, i gotta get one so i can race my 00 rival's and stomp there ass! ;) .............j/k. Hey Joe i called u yesterday gimmee a call today we'll talk!

I like that attitude!