PDA

View Full Version : High Flow Cat

SilVic
07-12-2003, 11:02 AM
On tuesday, my mandrel piping is coming in and I was going to buy the high flow cat for it. But, there is no O2 sensor so I asked if there was a way to put it on. He told me he can but I was wondering if the CEL will be thrown on. So my question is will it work? Also is 90 dollars a good price for a High Flow Cat w/ O2 attachment. $90 for welding is a good price too? THanks for the replies.:D

SilVic
07-13-2003, 11:06 AM
bump...

no one knows anything about this?

tgrasshopper
07-14-2003, 03:13 PM
hmmm
if this work lets me know, i have the same project.

02SilverSiHB
07-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by SilVic
On tuesday, my mandrel piping is coming in and I was going to buy the high flow cat for it. But, there is no O2 sensor so I asked if there was a way to put it on. He told me he can but I was wondering if the CEL will be thrown on. So my question is will it work? Also is 90 dollars a good price for a High Flow Cat w/ O2 attachment. $90 for welding is a good price too? THanks for the replies.:D
get a carsound cat from www.inlinefour.com under engine tab. They have 2.25" and 2.5" I'd go 2.25" for NA. It either comes with a spot for your o2 or it has to be welded in by the shop, muffler shop. They are universal and I've only heard good things about them.

SilVic
07-14-2003, 11:17 PM
thank you. I'll prolly go tomorrow and ask for the welding on the cat and tell you how it goes.

fkagti
07-15-2003, 12:35 PM
please post, getting this setup in about a week and a half.

SilVic
07-15-2003, 07:24 PM
The mid-pipe didn't come in yet. I'll have to wait and tell you the results when I'm done.

02SilverSiHB
07-15-2003, 08:14 PM
by the way silvic, where are you getting this mendrel bent pipe? Sounds like you ordered it or something...you said waiting for it to come in. I'm also interested on what your dyno numbers will be.

simione
07-21-2003, 12:53 PM
random technologies also has a direct bolt in replacement cat for our cars. no welding needed and the o2 sensor goes right into it.

02SilverSiHB
07-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by simione
random technologies also has a direct bolt in replacement cat for our cars. no welding needed and the o2 sensor goes right into it. how is there no welding involved....when our cat is welded to the downpipe? And I've heard bad things about random...sounds like shit, and doesn't last as long.

Wht-Si
07-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Perhaps there replacement cat comes with pre welded down pipe to the high flow cat. Just a guess. I'm wondering how much of power you can free up from installing the high flow cat.

THanks

SilVic
07-22-2003, 02:42 AM
Well supposedly the midpipe is coming tomorrow. I got it from VRS Exhaust (305)971-5844. The price I got for it was $110(normal $225) plus shipping. The high flow cat is going to be a regular high flow cat w/ a cut out and 02 sensor connected to it. I didn't know out cat was connnect to our downpipe. Oops... I'll see what I can do. Alright, late.

simione
07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Wht-Si
Perhaps there replacement cat comes with pre welded down pipe to the high flow cat.

THanks

that is correct. the random cat was made to replace the factory downpipe and cat. there is a picture of one for the rsx type s on page 95 of the july issue of honda tuning. it is very nice looking and s all stainless. the magazine says it retails for $359. thats alot in my opinion. you can get a magnaflow exhaust for less than that. i don't think a high flow cat on our cars makes that big of a difference. cats have come a long way. i know someone here in florida who put a high flow cat on his svt focus and only got 1 hp. not the same car but i think the results will be close to the same for our cars.

02SilverSiHB
07-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by simione

that is correct. the random cat was made to replace the factory downpipe and cat. there is a picture of one for the rsx type s on page 95 of the july issue of honda tuning. it is very nice looking and s all stainless. the magazine says it retails for $359. thats alot in my opinion. you can get a magnaflow exhaust for less than that. i don't think a high flow cat on our cars makes that big of a difference. cats have come a long way. i know someone here in florida who put a high flow cat on his svt focus and only got 1 hp. not the same car but i think the results will be close to the same for our cars.
yeah, you're right about the downpipe, I just got an email back from them