PDA

View Full Version : whats going to happen to all the 02's?

efcee
08-22-2002, 08:02 PM
when the 03 si's come out are the 02's still just going to be sitting around? im asking because its going to be a little bit before i can get mine i guess and i dont want to see the one im looking at dissapear on me i wanna go reserve it or something =)

LazyAzzAzian
08-22-2002, 11:12 PM
man im in the same boat, im about to get a SI but just waiting for the prices to go down a bit, might be able to get one for less than 17k but i gotta be patient, i wonder if it worth it to wait for the 2003 SIs with the green tint and new keys

civic hatch boi
08-22-2002, 11:36 PM
if u can wait til april for the 03s.. all the more power to ya :) i'd get the vivid blue. looks smokin'

LazyAzzAzian
08-22-2002, 11:40 PM
i think the blue is nice but i dont think i would get it, so if blue is not an option do you think the 03's are worth the wait?

civic hatch boi
08-22-2002, 11:44 PM
honestly nope.. who kares about green tint or a wave key or wutever is it.. haha.. well it depends on the price.. if price drops more, then sure u can wait, if not, get it now and have fun :) it's sorta like the EM's... 99's or 00's.. same car.. just diff year :)
although i hear alot the 99's were faster.. i wish the 02's are faster than the 03's :)

efcee
08-22-2002, 11:48 PM
i wonder if the price will go down since they noticed that many hatches are still unsold... they need to be competitive and lower the price heh even though they probably dont even really NEED to but it'd be nice

Mechanic
08-23-2002, 04:29 AM
You still have unsold ep's where you live? I live in Arlington, VA, just outside of Washington, DC. Ours are sold and on the street. There was a period in late June/early July when my local dealers had a few (four, once) and the prices came down into the $17k range (of course, there were a few newspaper ads for "$16,599" but then you had to add shipping, PDI, and all the usual BS), but that passed after a couple of weeks and by mid-August my closest dealer went UP $500 on his asking price for the two black Si's he still had.

At this point in the sales year, you might want to factor into your thinking that, if you buy an '02 now to save, say, $500 over a good deal on an '03, three years hence your '02 will be perceived as a four year old car. The difference in resale value between a three and a four-year-old car is bound to be greater than what you saved initially, no? (Of course, if you haven't got the extra $ for the '03, then jump on that '02. They really are neat cars.)

i-WERKS
08-23-2002, 04:59 AM
I don't know about you guys in the US but I have the green tint on my car. It's not that noticable but sure as hell blocks the heat from the sun while driving.

nickw252
08-23-2002, 06:27 AM
I think green tint would look like shit but if it isn't noticable and blocks the tint, it would be worth it.

SBC31
08-23-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
if u can wait til april for the 03s.. all the more power to ya :) i'd get the vivid blue. looks smokin'
What do you mean by waiting until April 03. The 03 models will be out this fall.

efcee
08-23-2002, 08:47 AM
you have some logic i was thinking about the same thing... but i dont know how much the 03's are going to be going for... i dont want to end up paying 20,000 dollars for a car. im unsure if they will cost less than what the 02's costed when they came out.... that would be some valuable info heh

MagusDC5
08-23-2002, 08:52 AM
the price will even drop more probably from what it is now. Itd be a steal practically.

sicivic2002
08-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Like i-werks said I don't know if any of you guys noticed but my windows look like they have a kinda greenish tint to them. Not really that noticeable but in certain light you can tell.

The other thing I have concerns about is that my insurance couldn't find my vin number as an 02 told them to try 03 and it worked.

Mechanic
08-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by efcee
i dont know how much the 03's are going to be going for... i dont want to end up paying 20,000 dollars for a car. im unsure if they will cost less than what the 02's costed when they came out.... that would be some valuable info heh

I'd be surprise -- amazed, if fact -- if a dealer anywhere would be able to get $20k for a new '03 Si. I can't speak for the whole board, of course, but on the last "how-much-did-you-pay thread," the average was probably around $18k out-the-door, tax paid with plates. You might still find an '02 for $17,500 (OTD, etc.) depending on where you live (for some reason, Texas dealers apparently were selling Si's pretty cheap for a while), but I still think that most dealers will whine a lot but end up selling 03's for $18,500 total (and maybe less) once the 03s have been out for a couple of months. As I'm sure you know, this is not a model that hordes of people are clamoring for. The car's not a dog by any means, but it's not a CTR either (which would probably go for a hell of a premium if Honda would bring it in).

MPgrunt81
08-23-2002, 12:44 PM
Sicivic2002,
I have a greenish tint on my windows too. I noticed it before this topic was even started.

SmoothOperator
08-23-2002, 01:07 PM
i wonder if it worth it to wait for the 2003 SIs with the green tint and new keys

I've heard the green tint mentioned before...I don't have it on my car. But what's this about new keys?????

efcee
08-23-2002, 08:06 PM
some sort of a 'wave key' sounds like a nice feature i'd pay for it if it is some sort of a key you just wave in front of a lock or your car or something.. that'd be kind of convienent

David K.
08-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Mechanic

(for some reason, Texas dealers apparently were selling Si's pretty cheap for a while),

Really? I'm in Dallas and I've not seen any ads in paper for deals on the Si. Haven't really been looking, but every time I take my car into the dealer (Lute Riley) they only have 1 or 2 around. I have been seeing more of them on the street lately, so maybe they are dealing.

Mechanic
08-24-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by David K.

Really? I'm in Dallas and I've not seen any ads in paper for deals on the Si. Haven't really been looking, but every time I take my car into the dealer (Lute Riley) they only have 1 or 2 around. I have been seeing more of them on the street lately, so maybe they are dealing.

It's been a month or so, and Texas is a big state!, but I recall two board members, college students I think, going back and forth about the great deals they were seeing locally. One attached a full page Honda ad which listed an Si for something in the $16k range. I'm pretty sure it was a Texas ad initially, but someone from California topped it with a similar newpaper ad. There was a bit of frustration on the board at the time, because many of us had paid about $1k more. Anyhow, for our collective peace of mind, those unusual times seem to have passed (until next year?).

LazyAzzAzian
08-24-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by efcee
some sort of a 'wave key' sounds like a nice feature i'd pay for it if it is some sort of a key you just wave in front of a lock or your car or something.. that'd be kind of convienent
sorry buddy but the key isnt like a mobil speed pass ( not sure if you have those gas stations at your place ) the wave key is similar to the ones found on VW, audi's, and benz's...their not exactly the same but the pattern in key is a wave shape.

drack2k2si
08-26-2002, 08:02 AM
i got mine three weeks ago for 16799 after destination charge's but i went to 6 dealers and saw prices up to 22500

BlazeX12
08-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Just saw a comercial for 'Honda Clearance Sale' and the first car they show is the 02 Si, if you wanna get an Si cheap, now is the time to do it..... wave key, new color, and green tint isnt worth it if you can get an 02 for a couple grand less.