PDA

View Full Version : having a problem...

the JigGa mAn
07-12-2003, 01:54 PM
well ive encountered m very first and hopefully my last problem with EP...the problem is basic...my clutch does not grab like it used to..it still grabs...but like a pussy...it started this morning and its still happening...i drove the car last night and it was perfect clutch was engaging like it always did..but now its very very weak...i dont think ive burnt my clutch its only been about 2-3 months since ive had the car...and i only have 1778 miles on the car to date...wtf is the problem and how can i fix it?? do i have to take it to the dealer...:( im very sad about this:( ...help a fellow EP Hatch out

BlasTech
07-12-2003, 01:59 PM
I just had em look at my clutch for a noise at the dealership when they were doing the 10K mile check up. Apparently, they fixed the noisy bushing, then tightened the clutch properly, because it shifts even smoother now than I ever remember.

Apparently the same thing happened to mine at some point (probably just the cable breaking in/stretching some) and it was too gradual for me to notice. If you know anyone local with an EP, drive thiers to compare.

I think its a fixable thing, hopefully.

the JigGa mAn
07-12-2003, 02:01 PM
i know someone very close...my brother...lol...is there anyway i can fix the clutch problem my self??? does anyone know how to tighten the clutch??

simione
07-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech

Apparently the same thing happened to mine at some point (probably just the cable breaking in/stretching some)

[/B]

Don't our cars have hydraulic set-up? i don't think we have a clutch cable

BlasTech
07-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Its gotta be something like that. I cant ever remember it shifting so smoothly, and the clutch goes down much easier. I can even get from reverse to first much easier than before. It could be a combination of the clutch being somehow adjsted and new transmission oil (if they really did that). I just hope it stays that way. :o

xeb2006x
07-12-2003, 08:13 PM
well ur cars still got the factory warranty on it, so just take it in and have them check it out.

the JigGa mAn
07-12-2003, 10:33 PM
i had my buddy take a drive in the car..and he said it was riding soft..so he hit it in 2nd and poped the clutch..and what ever that means it worked...its just like new again..feels like my bros clutch..thank you guys for the imput

DX4U2NV
07-12-2003, 10:50 PM
what in the HELL did your friend do? :D

cbecker333
07-13-2003, 01:07 PM
yeah, what is "popping the clutch" - could you ask your friend what he did?