PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Rattlin sound from center air vent

Endless_EP
07-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi, guys. I just had my EP3 for a week with 700 miles on it. Today I hear a in consistant rattlin sound from and in the air center vent (right under the dash board). Does any of you encounter this kind of noise. Anything serious? please help.. thanks.. this really worry me because this car is still a baby.. and it's making weird nosie already.....

SinisterCivicSi
07-12-2003, 09:24 PM
if i remember correctly, i think i remember reading on consumer complaints about some hondas having that same problem. take it to the dealer and tell them about it. could just be a part that came loose, no biggie.

glizard
07-13-2003, 12:30 PM
it is probably the center vent assembly/in the rsx we replace them constantly for rattling

Endless_EP
07-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the help, SinisterCivicSi and Glizar. I really hope it is not a big deal like SinisterCivicSi said... Where can I read about the consumer complaint for EP3, SinisterCivicSi. ? thanks again.

SinisterCivicSi
07-13-2003, 01:55 PM
here you go....two good sites to have around in case of a problem....cause you never know....its a Maryland site but still has good info, it might link you to other state laws that pertain to your area.

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/index.htm

and this is where you will find consumer complaints about any car.....if you got time (you will need it to see them all) go check out all the complaints on the ford focus.......its unreal.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

JSIR
07-14-2003, 09:57 AM
I noticed a rattling noise in that area a week before my radio/cd player died on me. Still havent taken it in for repair but I wonder if the two are related - loose wiring or something ?

Joey

Endless_EP
07-14-2003, 04:50 PM
JSIR: You mean your headunit is not working anymore? Today, that rattle noise came out again.. I notice when I parked the car outside for a day and when the weather is really hot. The rattlin sound will come out.. This time it only came out once for couples seconds and disappeared. This is just my observation for that problem right now.. Since the noise does not come out all the time. I think even I bring my car back to Honda, they will have a hard time to tell what the problem is.. So. keep u guys the update of that rattlin noise..