PDA

View Full Version : Guages

dj addicted
07-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Hey everyone...Im new and Im not sure. You might already have a post for this, but I got some indiglo gauges that I want to install, but I cannot figure out how to take the current gauges out. I dont see any screws and I dont want to just start pulling... Any help and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mugen_EP
07-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Not sure if anyone has done a DIY on this yet so I just went and snapped some pics:)

First you want to grab the corner and pull it towards you. It should slide right out. Do the same to the other side.

Mugen_EP
07-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Next slide your fingers behind it to pull the corner up

Mugen_EP
07-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Once the corner is up, run your fingers along the top to finish removing the cover. (there are two clips on top)

dj addicted
07-13-2003, 12:39 PM
awesome!!! Thanks...I wasnt sure if that was all there was to it.. I'll take some pictures if it goes smoothly..

Mugen_EP
07-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Once this black cover is removed you can see the screws and the rest is fairly simple.;)

If you need anything else or more pics let me know

dj addicted
07-13-2003, 01:43 PM
ok..the new gauges are in...but I need to hook them up to the parking light...which wire is the parking light?? Is there a color code or anything???

my02si
07-13-2003, 02:40 PM
there are two plugs into the guages a green and a blue plug.. Not sure which wire it is and on which plug.. There is a wire chart in the auto theft section, that should tell you which is the parking light. Thats how I did it and it works great

EnJaNir
07-13-2003, 03:26 PM
If you purchased and half installed the AC S7 gauges

on the green harness use the RED wire with a Black Stripe for power

The Black wire with Silver stripe is ground

** you will have to notch out the clear plastic bezel that sits on the gauges so it does not interfere with the power wires, DO NOT use snips to cut it, it will crack, either use a dremel or use a soldiering iron

Mugen...i cant beleive how black and clean your dash looks...however kinda looks greasy

dj addicted
07-13-2003, 06:26 PM
thanks for the info.. I got them installed.. I looked at the post in the theft prevention section and there was a wiring listing there. Also, I found out by using a multimeter to make sure. Everything is installed and looks great. Thanks for the help

JLannoo
07-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
. Everything is installed and looks great. Thanks for the help

Post some pics! :)