PDA

View Full Version : What do you call this ring/nut?

Whoisray
07-13-2003, 01:18 PM
I just got an aftermarket shift knob so I need to either buy the JDM shift boot or possibily convert the current one to a JDM one.

The only difference I see btw the two is the chrome ring on top. If somehow we can change that and put a JDM ring.

I don't want to spend the $60 on a boot where the only difference is a 50cent chrome ring.

Anybody out there willing to help?:o

Makross
07-13-2003, 01:20 PM
good luck finding the chrome piece

TrippZ
07-13-2003, 02:20 PM
ive seen before and after pics, the boot itself is folded tighter. its just a smaller boot in and of itself. the ring isnt the actual difference from what i've seen. the folds are tighter together.

HK_EP3
07-13-2003, 02:47 PM
dont think you are going to find a ring like that anywhere. Just buy the CTR boot, u can get it from showstoppers for 50 bucks shipped. I have the boot and i love it with the aftermarket knob. no more clinging sound when shifting :D

shimmy_yaz
07-13-2003, 04:05 PM
If you do a search (which you should always do) yo will find a thread that explains how to convert the stock boot to work with an aftermarket shift knob.

Whoisray
07-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
If you do a search (which you should always do) yo will find a thread that explains how to convert the stock boot to work with an aftermarket shift knob.

Yea, i have seen that thread already but that setup just makes the boot have a long neck(like those wild tribes) was just wondering if you can do a JDM conversion with our boot.

JLannoo
07-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Whoisray

Yea, i have seen that thread already but that setup just makes the boot have a long neck(like those wild tribes) was just wondering if you can do a JDM conversion with our boot.

You cant buy that USDM part by itself. So I would guess you cant buy the JDM or UK version by itself either. You need to buy the whole boot.

swapp99
07-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Modify shift boot (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14757)

tell me what ya think.

shimmy_yaz
07-13-2003, 09:39 PM
swapp99: yeah thats the thread i told him to do a search for and he has already seen it and doesn't like the way it looks.

swapp99
07-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
swapp99: yeah thats the thread i told him to do a search for and he has already seen it and doesn't like the way it looks.

All righty then.... N/P... just trying to help out.;)