PDA

View Full Version : Spoon springs available

!@#$%
08-23-2002, 12:14 AM
I was browsing Rob's site and noticed he has Spoon springs for 02 Ep-3.

The site is tornactive (http://www.tornactive.com)

He has good prices and is VERY reputable guest sevice. He has helped out so many on the 7thgen forums. Just thought I'd give all of you some info.

EP-3 Spoon sport springs, lowers approx 20mm.

cost $335

use the link, it can be found under suspension, then lowering spring. hope this helps.

happy modding :D

2sloSi
08-23-2002, 12:33 AM
Kinda pricey, but hey it's spoon! :)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't 20 mm like a 1in drop?

DynaSpeed
08-23-2002, 07:02 AM
whoa... I hope nobody is going to purchase these to go for the "dropped" look.

20mm is approximately 13/16's of an inch. About the width of your thumb. I'm assuming the spring rate is enormous? What are Spoon springs reputation for springs and handling?

ssvr6
08-23-2002, 07:25 AM
I'm sticking with getting the H&R's. I refuse to be a "Spoon Whore".

Steve

Eric55inSacCA
08-23-2002, 11:09 AM
Hahah i like that "spoon whore" no kidding get some individualism!

SpacemanSpiff
08-23-2002, 12:01 PM
I like the fact that they don't drop the car too much. Anyone know how they perform? What shocks go best with them?

xlr8
08-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I'm sticking with getting the H&R's. I refuse to be a "Spoon Whore".

Steve
good im tired of everything has to be spoon. god does that piss me off

fishboy
08-23-2002, 02:55 PM
just like everybody wanting "forum" stuff for snowboarding then struting the mountain like they are sponsored. but i do want some spoon stuff.

civic hatch boi
08-23-2002, 03:40 PM
a dropp that's less than an inch seems like a waste of money to me.. as is with most Spoon products :)

!@#$%
08-23-2002, 08:07 PM
yeah, not much of a drop. oh well spoon sports probably made them that way for a reason, who know. :confused:

Spoon = $poon

Eric55inSacCA
08-23-2002, 08:42 PM
their also probably relying on their "reputation" to get people to spend more money then necessary for somethin they can get for less money and possibly better product..... anyone ever read the Emperor's New Clothes when they were a kid?? learn the lesson there

Snubben
08-24-2002, 12:04 AM
The drop is probably referring to the Type R I think. Aren't these springs made for the CTR?

I don't know the stock riding height of the Si compared to the CTR, but the distance from ground up the top of the wheel arch on the CTR is 650mm/655mm F/R. Measured with CTR stock wheels. Definition of "top of wheel arch" is the edge where the paintwork start. Hope you can follow me.

For reference, a non-CTR Civic in Europe measures 660mm/675mm.

02blksi
08-24-2002, 06:21 AM
"Hahah i like that "spoon whore" no kidding get some individualism!"

Your RIGHT!!! Lemme go buy some HIPeRZzz WhItEs, And A BiG AzZ ApC Sticker and call myslef original :rolleyes:

Dont hate on what you cant afford. --joe
BTW, some people like the jdm look because of its tastefull, clean, stock appeal.

02blksi
08-24-2002, 06:28 AM
XLR8 --- You are getting tired of everything being about SPOON, yet in your sig "mugen rear sway bar, mugen rad. cap," Why? Do you think Mugen parts are
any different than SPOON. What makes you tired of one but not the other, its not like either one of them is cheaper/better than the next. Just wondering - joe, WHO BELIEVE's in quality, and paying the extra $ ..

ssvr6
08-24-2002, 07:57 AM
I pay for quality, not names. H&R and Eibach have been around when spoon was something they ate their cereal with.

I'll stick with the PROVEN quality and save myself some $ while I'm at it.

Steve

David K.
08-24-2002, 08:35 AM
I'm with ssvr6 on this one. I recognize the quality of Spoon and Mugen, but I also recognize their outrageous prices. Eibach, H&R, Comptech, and many other companies make IMO just as good a product for the street for a lot less money. Spoon and Mugen are track bred, and while that does mean that they know their shit, it doesn't always mean they automatically make a better street product. I believe in quality, but I also have a limited budget and sometimes rely on ingenuity instead of a brand name.

02blksi
08-24-2002, 09:17 AM
"I'll stick with the PROVEN quality"

ARE you serious? What do you think spoon,mugen,tein,etc. all are some fly by night basement companies??? If you truely believe this you are sorely wrong. Shit look at all the videos i have posted (ek9vsdc5vsep3 and the itr that redlines @10k rpm) These cars are ALL backed by these companies with THEIR parts, you think those cars LACK QUALITY?????? On another note if saving money is your major decision maker, then yes other companies should be looked into. And never once did i come down on the quality, or cost effectiveness of other companies. Rather im impressed by these major HONDA tuning companies (SPOON MUGEN ETC) I look towards them as the ULTIMATE in SPECIFIC APPLICATION (HONDA) PERFORMANCE PARTS. Not just the average stunna company. --joe

BTW: DAVID K. HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD WITH HIS POST! :)

Eric55inSacCA
08-24-2002, 11:02 AM
open your closed minds!! if u werent so interested in defending what u buy and let yourself hear what eachother is actually "saying"...youd see there is no argument here just a fact.... some people want Spoon, others dont. because someone doesnt want Spoon makes them niether a derelict, or stupid, or wasting their money, or "rice" whatever the hell that ignorant statement can be, or unknowledgeable, or poor!!! it means they had a choice and chose something that they find better for either their financial, performance, or jusy simply mental reasons. If u religiously buy Spoon, then please no one wants to hear your religious beliefs here, and if u religiously hate Spoon then the same goes for u. Indiviualism is: the pursuit of personal happiness and independence rather than collective goals or interests. so if putting thier clear tails or whatever else they want is want they want, then let them do it as long as its for their happiness and not anyone elses on this site. thats the reason i left the hobby of workin wit "old school" cars and got into imports. i respected the individualism in the culture. dont squash it for others because they dont follow the same path as u! thank you!

02blksi
08-24-2002, 01:48 PM
eric: you have preached more IN YOUR THREAD THAN ANYONE, so take some of your own advice and STFU! :) have a nice day :) --joe

BTW : NICE SIG! Another internet toughguy! - im scared:rolleyes:

Eric55inSacCA
08-24-2002, 06:38 PM
no internet tough guy here.. no need its a computer and ive proven myself in this world...as u can see i post ohhhhh so much! and since we like abreviations FYI muhamed ali happens to be the person i idolize and can only dream of havin one third the impact he has had in this world so hence my signature. i would not waste time preaching im stating truths, so please do not degrade anyone including me with insolent comments masked behind smiles and "have a nice day" ... no one here is retarded mentally so we or i do not need to be talked down to... jus read what was said before and there is no need for rebuttle for there is no arugment to be made...have a nice day:)

02blksi
08-24-2002, 09:22 PM
#1 your arent intelligent so your Webster dictionary vocab. does nothing for me or anyone else, why try to act smart? What you never were you'll never be REMEMBER THAT !

#2 You said "please do not degrade anyone including me with insolent comments masked behind smiles and "have a nice day" ... no one here is retarded mentally" FOLLOWED BY : " have a nice day :) " contradict yourself much??? :) :) :)

Anyways you are right, about one thing, no sense replying again, it will just make you look even more dumb than you already do.

Thanks for trying you have been
OWNED!!!

--JOE :D

Eric55inSacCA
08-24-2002, 09:54 PM
that is neither contradiction nor ignorant....thanks for trying to prove u are smart on the internet...next step college...good luck!!
no need to prove anymore to u... your ad hominem arguments are typical of kids on here!! have a nice day:p please spare my email inbox and move on to something else

02blksi
08-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Let's see :

Still using smilies. (contradiction)
Still using the dictionary to sound smart, although like i said before you cant mask what never existed.
Next step potty training, and solid foods.

Give up? :) --Joe

ALMOST FORGOT!!! :) :) :)

Eric55inSacCA
08-24-2002, 10:19 PM
im using what we educated people call a college degree (which was paid for ) all i had to do was sweat and lift weights and hit people in order to have a complete education, and workin on my second degree... first in political science, second in progress business with and investment emphasis.. and planning on getting a fellowship in another year. know your opponent before u try to engage them! like i said spare my email account... u have no idea what u are dealing with..
"have a nice day" mick foley quotes are always good ...im done...please someone take out my trash:)

2sloSi
08-25-2002, 08:37 AM
Hey guy's were all cool on this forum, lets just keep it that way, no sense in bickering because it gets us know where! No sense in going back and forth all day, or week!

Just tryin to keep the peace with my fellow ep hatch boy's! :)

02blksi
08-25-2002, 10:25 AM
"u have no idea what u are dealing with.."

Alex:(Jeopardy voice) What is a JACKASS for $1000..

2slo's got the right idea though. Although it would be nice sitting here and reading post after post on how you are so smart with your 26 degrees in general studies (LOL) majoring in BULLSHIT, and how you lift weights and drink weight gainer 2000 because in the real world (IE. NOT ON THE COMPUTER) you are some wimpy tool. Im going to go do something more usefull and entertaining than responding to this chilidish commentary from the peanut gallery. --HAVE A SUPPPPPPEEERRR DAY :) --JOE

ssvr6
08-25-2002, 07:02 PM
I never said mentioned that Spoon or Mugen are fly by night did I? Did I say that they're to springs that APC is to styling? Not at all.

What I did say is that H&R and Eibach are PROVEN quality and race bred springs. The bonus is that they cost less than their Japanese only counter part.

In my opinion, (and I'm free to have one) people that spend $300 on springs (in most cases) are doing so because they lack knowledge. It's like buying the spoon "engine accessory cosies". WTF is that? (Sorry to those that have them, just my opinion.)

H&R and Eibach have German, Spannish, French, Brittish, AND Japanese cars using their PROVEN quality components.

That's my only point.

For those that are interested, check out the Road Racing page on www.speedtv.com. You'll see the 'Tegs running this gear as well as the M3's.

Steve

02blksi
08-25-2002, 07:21 PM
OHMFG!!!!!
I DONT CARE, DO YOU CARE ABOUT ME BEING A DUMBASS AND SPENDING GOD FORSAKEN AMOUNTS OF MONEY SO I CAN BE A JDM WHORE????? YOU SHOULDNT! JUST LIKE I COULD GIVE 2 MILK DUDS THAT YOU LOVE EIBLACH TENZO R NUESPEED H&R ETC!!!! THIS POST HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH PLEASE CLOSE IT!!

and yes i know i typed in all caps.!

2sloSi
08-26-2002, 12:44 AM
hey 02blk, all i got to say is,

Mugen, Spoon , Jdm = CRAP I hate it, it sucks! :rolleyes:

ssvr6
08-26-2002, 04:12 AM
Issues....lots and lots of issues.

It's really unfortunate that you can't have an intelligent debate without flipping out. This board is supposed to be better (in regards to this) than club si and the like.

Relax.

Steve

xlr8
08-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
XLR8 --- You are getting tired of everything being about SPOON, yet in your sig "mugen rear sway bar, mugen rad. cap," Why? Do you think Mugen parts are
any different than SPOON. What makes you tired of one but not the other, its not like either one of them is cheaper/better than the next. Just wondering - joe, WHO BELIEVE's in quality, and paying the extra $ ..
to answer your question about spoon and mugen yes i do prefer mugen parts to spoon. do i think they are better more then likely noy, but i buy mugen parts for one reason i work next door to king motorsports and i like to SEE parts for myself before forking over cash. that and i like to pay cash for my parts thats why i buy my parts localy

02blksi
08-26-2002, 05:26 PM
wish my neighbor was kingmotorsports **sigh*** oh well, how do you like that sway anyways?? what diameter is it? 22? 19? --joe

xlr8
08-26-2002, 05:30 PM
the sway bar made a bigger difference then my springs did. its 25mm. it tightened up the ride so much that you could feel the sidewall flex in the stock tires. those didnt last me too long. i needed big wheels

02blksi
08-26-2002, 06:08 PM
25mm:eek: Oversteer much?? nice though. --joe