PDA

View Full Version : BrakeZone Big Brake Kit

SerbiaSi
07-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Here are some pictures of BrakeZone Big Brake Kit set-up on my car. All I have to say is that I LOVE IT!!! Thanks to Sherwin aka DocofMind for all his help and advices...

SerbiaSi
07-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Pic 2

SerbiaSi
07-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Pic 3

Silver2K2SI
07-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Do they have front and rear or just front? How much do they run if you don't mind me asking.

Suk02Si
07-14-2003, 01:51 AM
I think Sherwin is still working on the rear.

www.brakezone.com (contact info)

Give him a call and see whats up.

ssvr6
07-14-2003, 04:55 AM
What's this kit going to cost?

Steve

greenguy
07-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Thats Fuckin TIGHT:D
That is my next upgrade! I was going to drop a K24 in but I think stoping is definatley what is in order.
WOW! NICE!
That would fill in this image very nice, dont you think?:p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p23e921a1724215d31f1999e149c4a2d4/fbace67b.jpg

SerbiaSi
07-14-2003, 10:49 AM
The price would depend on how would you customize your set-up... you can do virtualy anything to your rotors (x-drilled, slotted... even cryogenically freeze them)... I have picked up this set-up from OrganDonor so I did not even get it directly from BrakeZone which did not stop Sherwin from giving me all the support I needed over the phone (when was the last time that any vendor gave you their cell # in order to call them with any questions!?) I approximate that the set-up like mine would be somewhere in $800 range. I will get around writing a full review once I had more usage time. If any questions on install and performance of the kit do not hesitate to hit me up...

SerbiaSi
07-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by greenguy
Thats Fuckin TIGHT:D
That is my next upgrade! I was going to drop a K24 in but I think stoping is definatley what is in order.
WOW! NICE!
That would fill in this image very nice, dont you think?:p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p23e921a1724215d31f1999e149c4a2d4/fbace67b.jpg

It would fit perfectly... :)

DocofMind
07-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Great pictures. Your wheels and brakes look fantastic. What size and offset are your wheels? They really do look damn good on the car.

Anyhow, I really do hope we ll get to hang out when I come to NY next week, I owe you a drink or two ;)

Shame you ll be going back to your country soon, we def could use more people like you around here. You guys got a great member here in your community. Def way :cool: in my book.

Sherwin

Dunrick
07-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Well hows the stopping power now? Our car definitely needs some brakes on the autoX, or whenever your pushing it hard

stephen
07-16-2003, 07:01 AM
do a quick 60-0 stopping test and post the results.

im not gonna buy big brakes if they don't work well.

Quicksilver
07-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by stephen

Go to the Rave & Review section for reviews on this brakes, including mine. No exagerration here, but it is a HUGE difference in braking. My car now brakes as good as any of the performance cars out there in the $50k-60k price range (M3, Z06, etc.). The Wilwood are the best design in the price category, bar none. If you wanted the equivalent in Baer or Brembo, you'd be paying around $1500. If you're not wanting to spend the $750, just upgrade your pads and fluids. You'll see a difference, just not as significant as the Wilwood.

I'd also like to second that sentiment about Sherwin. He is a nice guy that knows his stuff and will bend over backwards to make sure you're happy with his products. The fact that he would give the same support for the second owner of the brakes just blows me away! He's da man!

Surprise
07-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by stephen

With upgraded brakes you won't get a HUGE difference in a one time stopping from 60 test. What really separates the aftermarket brakes from the stock is the ability to resist fade.

Do 5, 100-0 consecutive stops on stock components. Then do 5, 100-0 consecutive stops on the aftermarket components, that is where you will feel/see/smell a HUGE performance difference.

chunky
07-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Surprise

With upgraded brakes you won't get a HUGE difference in a one time stopping from 60 test. What really separates the aftermarket brakes from the stock is the ability to resist fade.

Do 5, 100-0 consecutive stops on stock components. Then do 5, 100-0 consecutive stops on the aftermarket components, that is where you will feel/see/smell a HUGE performance difference.
bingo. 60-0 stops are more a function of your tires traction than brakes.

100-0 will improve with big brakes, and as mentioned, fade resistance goes WAY up.

hell, try doing 1 100-0 stop with stock brakes and see how they feel. horrid. new pads & new brake fluid are a bare minimum for anyone wanting to auto-x

Quicksilver
07-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Surprise

Let me put it in real world terms for you guys. There's a left hand u-turn lane split off that I take every day on the way home from work. If I was going 65mph into the start of that lane, I'd have to hammer the brakes hard to get the car to slow down to a safe speed. Even then, sometimes it got pretty hairy doing that. After the brake upgrade using the same car setup, I can perform the exact same manuever without having to stab the brakes hard and easily getting down to safe speeds without worry. That's the peace of mind that I wanted for, and that's what I got.

Kathryn
07-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Very nice point...talked me into it!:D