PDA

View Full Version : i need a honest opinon

boston's ep3
07-13-2003, 11:23 PM
I have some one who will put springs in for me around the $100 range. do you think I should do it on my own or pay this person. I've done all the work on my previous civic, but I am getting alot of mixed thoughts from the site about going ahead and doing it my self. I need some really convincing opinions on why I should do it myself

thank you
Phil

513n179
07-13-2003, 11:34 PM
pay the hundred bucks and get it done... you'll probably save yourself a ton of time.

raiyo
07-14-2003, 12:13 AM
If money isn't a factor, then pay the guy. When my friend installed my springs a problem occured. The axle popped out and he was pushing the thing in and out so many times. For 100, it sounds like an alright price.

If I know how to install springs, I'll do it myself. It feels good when you do your own work on your car. One thing I wanna mention. When removing the stock springs, you don't have to worry about the nut blinding you. It doesn't shoot out like the older Civic does.

Suk02Si
07-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
It feels good when you do your own work on your car.

ditto

Do it yourself, its not too hard.

HeelToePro
07-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Ive done a few spring installs, and I think you should grab a buddy and do it yourself. Its really not that hard. Just 2 things to remember.

1. Dont let the front rotor fall out of the drivetrain.
2. Tie rod end puller. ( It will save you some time, and for 10-20 bucks its worth it.)

Also depening on what kind of springs you get, you should try to install some camber kits at the same time. I have some SPC camber kits and they work awsome.

NamingException
07-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Do it yourself, it's not hard, and it's worth the satisfaction of a job well done.

siver-SI
07-14-2003, 10:34 AM
$100 is a good price. Just make sure they know what they are doing first though. I am going to to my install myself. I got a tie rod puller and a sping compresser so I can do the job myself. A do it your self job does give you some pleaser when you get into your car after being torn apart and it works better then you thought.

boston's ep3
07-14-2003, 01:38 PM
thank you for all your comments. I just was thinking about when it comes to the part where you have to line all the arrows up, i was beginning to get confused. Something about our whole suspension moves. that was starting to confuse the hell out of me. once again thanx for the replies
:)

LASI02
07-15-2003, 07:30 AM
I just installed my springs this weekend with the help of a friend. I think that anyone who is even somewhat mechanically inclined can do it. Take your time and be careful with the CV joints. Oh yeah have fun.