PDA

View Full Version : Some things in the owner's manual I missed the 1st time

snubnose
07-15-2003, 02:45 AM
I was rereading my Si owner's manual and noticed some interesting tidbits I did not see the first time I read it.

1. When using the heat, the fan should be on the floor vent setting. I guess this is because hot air rises. Makes sense.

2. When putting it in reverse, press the clutch and wait a few seconds before shifting.

3. The CD will eject anytime, long after the car has been turned off.

SiR Medic
07-15-2003, 03:52 AM
:o
Didn't know about that CD eject thingy!

I guess a lot of people here skipped over the part that says "do not alter your vehicles ride hieght";)

r3p00c
07-15-2003, 05:16 AM
I can't stand to have my heat on just the floor vent. When I do, it feels like my shoe is melting. I don't know if mine is excessively hotter than it should be, but it doesn't bother me enough to take it to honda for them to rip it apart and look at it. I usually just keep in at a middle temperature vent/floor vent setting during the winter, and it does just fine.

BlackNRedSi
07-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by r3p00c
I can't stand to have my heat on just the floor vent. When I do, it feels like my shoe is melting. I don't know if mine is excessively hotter than it should be, but it doesn't bother me enough to take it to honda for them to rip it apart and look at it. I usually just keep in at a middle temperature vent/floor vent setting during the winter, and it does just fine.

AGREE...Feels like my foot is on fire

TheMutt
07-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Didn't know about the whole clutch thing, but ejecting the CD while the car is off has always been a sure way to impress the chix0rz :p

JLannoo
07-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
Didn't know about the whole clutch thing, but ejecting the CD while the car is off has always been a sure way to impress the chix0rz :p

In my experience women are rarely impressed with technology, but whatever works for ya :D

SmoothOperator
07-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by JLannoo

In my experience women are rarely impressed with technology, but whatever works for ya :D
Then you obviously haven't see the latest in "Dillywhacker" technology. The latest creation, "The Clit Blaster 2000" works miracles they say....... and the chicks love it. :D :D

yes I'm an ass.

SinisterCivicSi
07-15-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

yes I'm an ass.

:D shakin head in agreement ;)

02TafWhtSi
07-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

I guess a lot of people here skipped over the part that says "do not alter your vehicles ride hieght";)

Good point!

siver-SI
07-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
[BI guess a lot of people here skipped over the part that says "do not alter your vehicles ride hieght";) [/B]

O darn I though it said "do alter your vehicles ride hieght". That is why I thought everone was lowering their car. ;)

Puffs
07-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Hence the placement of my KW order...

Puffs
07-20-2003, 08:36 PM

Weeee, I can't wait!

DX4U2NV
07-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Puffs

Weeee, I can't wait!
HOORAY FOR DOUBLE-POSTS! :D

stubbs
07-20-2003, 11:53 PM
Owners manuals always make me laugh anyway, they are written for idiots. They are like "where to put the gas in" and "where is the steering wheel" chapters in them.