PDA

View Full Version : Need some guidance on exhaust!

fkagti
07-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Alright. Got my appointment for my midpipe on the 25th. But i got a couple questions that hopefully peple can help me out with. First, should i get a 2.0 inch, 2.25, or 2.5 midpipe? I don't plan on turbo-ing so, i was gonna go with the 2 incher to keep some torque. Next, i'd like to keep the stock exhaust on. Does any have a setup with a stock exhaust and midpipe? I'd like to know how that is treating them. Next, the guy is talking about how he could also put on a high-flow cat for me at the same time for an extra $100. Is it worth it? Basically, high flo cat, midpipe, and stock exhaust vs. midpipe and aftermarket axel-back exhaust. Which should be better for a car with just injen intake and Hondata in the near future? Thanks for the opinions you guys are a big help to a novice.

also, what kinda of sound characteristics do i have to look forward to with a midpipe, high flo cat, and stock exhaust?

Endersi2
07-26-2003, 05:45 PM
do a search, loads of people have your same setup

trabadoo22
07-27-2003, 05:06 PM
If you want to keep your stock exhaust then I would go with 2.25' piping + the high flow cat. I think the gains would probably be similar to a cat-back system. If you want to go with 2" piping that is up to you, but it seems like 2.25" is good for our cars. I'm not sure about the sound characteristics of this type of setup though. I think there may be a sound clip of this setup floating around this forum somewhere.