PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Popularity

JDMakeover
07-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Is our popular in Japan? Or even semi-popular? Any Japanese residents have input?

Team
07-15-2003, 02:35 PM
If I had the money and lived in Japan I dont think I would be looking at a Si....

Adam

SmoothOperator
07-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Team
If I had the money and lived in Japan I dont think I would be looking at a Si....

No....you'd be looking at a Type-R. :confused:

TheMutt
07-15-2003, 04:18 PM
I'd assume, if anything, that the Japan scene would be a little bit like ours. You know kinda how the base RSX is a girls car simply because there's a better one out there. How a pony is just a fairy on wheels in comparison to its much more masculine siblings. I bet it's like that. The SI is probably just a schoolgirl's car in japan. Yes most definitely.

cbecker333
07-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
How a pony is just a fairy on wheels in comparison to its much more masculine siblings.

http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/monkeyhit.JPG http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/monkeyhit.JPG http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/monkeyhit.JPG http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/monkeyhit.JPG

W T F?

W T F???

TheMutt
07-15-2003, 04:26 PM
hahaha, I was referring to the ford mustang. I probably shoulda made that more clear.

cbecker333
07-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks for clearing that up...:D

Now, where did I put my.....

http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/monkeyhit.JPG
ahh, there it is.....

HK_EP3
07-15-2003, 04:31 PM
i would have to say yes, it is popular in Japan, but not the Si ofcourse. the type R would be among one of the top nominees for Japan tuners.

sniperSI
07-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Actually according to Tragedy who lives in japan, he raley sees type Rs.

They have other bad ass cars over there anyways. Wheres tragedy at to anwser this.

Y0 Tragedy!

HondaMan
07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI
Actually according to Tragedy who lives in japan, he raley sees type Rs.

They have other bad ass cars over there anyways. Wheres tragedy at to anwser this.

Y0 Tragedy!

Yeah, where is Tragedy?

Makross
07-15-2003, 08:21 PM
he wont be going on for awhile

JDMakeover
07-15-2003, 10:46 PM
It's kind of funny to think, but if you look at the United States, the EP3 is not selling too well and great deals can be had (which is great for us enthusiasts). Hatchbacks are just nowhere near as popular as coupes and sport sedans here.

In Japan, by contrast, hatchbacks are in! Spacious cars like them and even boxy ones are smash hits. Look at the ugly Toyota/Scion line...those cars and their like are sold like crazy in Japan. Go take a look in the most recent issue of Car And Driver and you will see an article about 10 cars for sale only in Japan (for laughs look at the Nissan Cube), many look ugly, if not both silly, and are also death traps if you consider their size. Well I guess they don't have the gluttonous SUV's that we have to worry about hitting us, so maybe it's not as big a danger.

Now as far as the RSX-S being slightly better than our version of the EP3, just let me say that Japan and Europe's CTR would shame that RSX-S we have here. Although the RSX-S and CTR have the same engine and transmission, the CTR is 150 lbs. lighter, and has a Limited Slip Differential.

IceD out N CALI
07-15-2003, 11:24 PM
tragedy would know :D

goy091
07-16-2003, 01:40 AM
the Honda Fit was the best selling car in japan last year i believe? its a 5 door civic wagonish looking thing.

MugenMan
07-16-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by JDMakeover
It's kind of funny to think, but if you look at the United States, the EP3 is not selling too well and great deals can be had (which is great for us enthusiasts). Hatchbacks are just nowhere near as popular as coupes and sport sedans here.

In Japan, by contrast, hatchbacks are in! Spacious cars like them and even boxy ones are smash hits. Look at the ugly Toyota/Scion line...those cars and their like are sold like crazy in Japan. Go take a look in the most recent issue of Car And Driver and you will see an article about 10 cars for sale only in Japan (for laughs look at the Nissan Cube), many look ugly, if not both silly, and are also death traps if you consider their size. Well I guess they don't have the gluttonous SUV's that we have to worry about hitting us, so maybe it's not as big a danger.

Now as far as the RSX-S being slightly better than our version of the EP3, just let me say that Japan and Europe's CTR would shame that RSX-S we have here. Although the RSX-S and CTR have the same engine and transmission, the CTR is 150 lbs. lighter, and has a Limited Slip Differential.

Hatchbacks are extremely popular in Europe too. Good hatches here are hard to come by, we should thank our lucky stars we have the EP, but it would be great if we had the CTR as well.

Tenacious G
07-16-2003, 10:18 AM
consider the space difference between Asian and European countries when compared to the U.S.

hatchbacks and boxy cars are popular because they offer cargo volume in an efficient package. that and the fact gas prices are double and triple what americans pay. there's no way you could drive a suburban or full-size truck in those countries as a daily driver. there's just no room.

Mugen Power
07-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Hondas, in general, are not that popular in Japan when it comes to performance cars. Who can blame them? With relatively cheap cars like Silivias, I'm not sure a Civic would be my first choice either...