PDA

View Full Version : woot. just ordered some goodies.

chunky
07-15-2003, 04:52 PM
I after a little competitive shopping, I ended up with showstoppers. Thanks chuck & rocky. :D

I got the h&r sport springs & spc camber kits. should be here by friday (fedex 2nd day).

I found better prices elsewhere, but they said it'd take a week to get them in. screw that. =P

now I just have to get my fenders rolled by this weekend and i'm set for the install. air tools will make it a 2 hr process if that.. :D

ALCT
07-15-2003, 05:03 PM
Very nice Chunky good choice,
as far as I can remember you had OZ Superleggeras 37mm offset wheels with 225/50/15 tires ? If I am not wrong 37mm offset wheels stick out more than a 40 mm offset wheels, my plan is 16'' OZ sprlgr with 205/50/16 with 2'' drop, I am concerned about rubbing. Your input will higly be appreciated.
Thanks
AL

fishboy
07-15-2003, 05:34 PM
how are you gonna roll your fenders? DIY?

chunky
07-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ALCT
Very nice Chunky good choice,
as far as I can remember you had OZ Superleggeras 37mm offset wheels with 225/50/15 tires ? If I am not wrong 37mm offset wheels stick out more than a 40 mm offset wheels, my plan is 16'' OZ sprlgr with 205/50/16 with 2'' drop, I am concerned about rubbing. Your input will higly be appreciated.
Thanks
AL

nice avatar. ah huhuhuhuhuh. ;)

Yes, i've got the 15x7 oz superleggera in the +37 offset. There will almost certainly be a need to roll the fenders b/c of the offset. Or I could just run -2 camber in the rear and probably be fine. I haven't decided yet, neg camber on the rear doesn't wear tires that fast b/c there is so little weight in the rear. But i'll probably roll my fenders anyway just to have the extra clearance.

As for how I will roll them, DIY fo sho. anyone who knows me knows I HATE taking my baby in and letting anyone else work on her.

The lip on our fenders is pretty thick so the only way to do it properly is to slit the lip about ever 2", and then bend, otherwise you will dent the fender. The other alternative is to just cut off the lip altogether. I may do that, but keeping the lip gives the fender added strength, although extra strength in the fenders is really a silly concern.