PDA

View Full Version : New Rotars?

Xandar
07-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Anyone replace the stock rotars with some drilled and slotted rotars? If so what company, where, and how much?

I'm very dissapointed with the stock rotars. Mine rust up in like 30-45 minutes. I can hear the rust grinding off every time I use the breaks if they've ever gotten wet.

I wanted to replace them with something more performance-wise that look pretty cool and are large enough to not effect my current rim size, yet look filled in on some 16's or 17's...

Any input?

Suk02Si
07-15-2003, 11:17 PM
www.brakezone.com

search for Wilwood in Suspension Forum, quite a few people have gone that route.

andy
07-16-2003, 07:50 AM
FWIW, it's "rotors" with an "o" - but I'm just being picky.

Anyway, there's a co. on eBay that is selling upgraded rotors
for the car. They're going for $98+shipping.

I sent them an email asking about the rotors (they said they
were "made from Brembo OEM rotors") and if they offer any
sort of "big brake kit" (i.e. new calipers, pads, etc).
Here's what I got back:

Correct we buy Brembo blanks, we do all of the drilling and
slotting. Brembo does the same thing if you buy it from them.
They will take a blank OEM rotors off the shelf, then drill it and
slott it the same way we do it.
Except they will charge you double for the same rotor.
We have pbr metal maste pads for $80.00 ss lines for $90.00
The calipers, you keep it stock.
The ss lines are from Technafit, USA made.

I have the front rotors, pads, ss lines.

Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2421872223) is a link to one of their eBay auctions.

I don't know if it is as "complete" of a solution as the brakezone
kit, but it might be cheaper and still offer a decent upgrade.

Xandar
07-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Thanks man! Big Help! Do you know if they have a rear kit? If not, what's the link for brakezone?

Xandar
07-18-2003, 04:25 AM
lol nvm, same guys as before, sorry...

Xandar
07-18-2003, 06:19 AM
I asked them if they can do the rear rotors also... Whats the point of having just the front rotors drilled and slotted??

ssvr6
07-18-2003, 06:40 AM
Because the fronts do most of the work. People that get the rear done do it more for looks than performance.

Steve

ShowstoppersUSA
07-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Look under the vendor sales section, we got a Rotora Big Brake Kit on there. It's a really good kit, call us for more info! (818) 243 0954.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

BlackNRedSi
07-18-2003, 11:11 AM
Or PM XLR8B4U he has them on his car

fsugatorbait
07-18-2003, 11:44 AM
yes, they do the rear rotors as well...i emailed them about it a while ago as this will be the route I plan to go. He said you would need to call to order the rears.

Xandar
07-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Because the fronts do most of the work. People that get the rear done do it more for looks than performance.

Steve

Actually, yea thats kinda what I ment. Sorry... I guess I worded it wrong. I'm really only looking to get rid of all the rust, and improve the look of all four rotors. The performance gains are nice too. ;)

02NJHondaep3
02-13-2004, 08:47 AM
I wouldnt get my rotors drilled. They'll crack easier.

Dunrick
02-13-2004, 01:28 PM
if your doing road racing, and stopping from 100mph, its good to get bigger brakes in the back too...

but drag racing, or just autox...no need for bigger in the back.

Lucid Moments
02-13-2004, 04:02 PM
I should have a set of four slotted and cadmium plated rotors from brakezone sitting at my house now (I'm still at work). Getting them put on this weekend along with Axxis ultimate pads, stainless steel brake lines, and Ate Super Blue fluid.