PDA

View Full Version : waxing my WHITE ep

pLopSI
07-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Well, decided to wax my ep today through the whole 3 phases using meguiars. I normally use mother's but that's not the story. But when I started waxing, i couldn't see shit. I see a slight haze but nothing big to kno where I have waxed n' if I took everything off correctly. Does anyone have advice as to how to wax a white car? I'm very hesitant on bringin it to a shop as to i want to do the waxing myself, but at the same time, hesitant on waxin at all anymore...

chubbychu
07-15-2003, 11:04 PM
ive got the same problem...arg...maybe get some of that colored sunblock stuff and mix it in....? iuno...beats me...food coloring?

icegrill
07-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Same problem I was in the shade and still couldn't see shit. My advice get Pinnacle brand glaz wax, made just for light colored cars. It is amazing stuff, very easy to buff off and it dries in a very light yellow. You can get it from a couple places online kind of expensive at $35 but well worth it.

pLopSI
07-16-2003, 09:35 PM
wow... $35 for wax... i think im gonna hafta pass on that. Do u guys thinks a blacklight will help?

alwayscleaning
07-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Meg's #26 is pretty easy to see on white cars. I usually apply two layers on white cars just for this reason. The more you wax your car the more you will become familiar with its unique curves and panels, this will help you to not miss spots.

Karim
07-20-2003, 01:37 AM
a buddy of mine has a small flood light he shines on the white cars he details. Pointing it directly on a white car really helps you see the contrast between whatever your using and the car.

Karim

02TafWhtSi
07-20-2003, 09:22 AM
I have the same problem but I can see how that yellow-drying wax could help :)

Mugen Power
07-28-2003, 09:48 AM
All I do is look closely at it from an angle.

chubbychu
07-28-2003, 10:09 AM
iuno...yellow wax? what if you miss some...or dont decide to buff? ewwww youll have a yellow car...i actually just leave my wax on there lol! i know i lazy..but why not? cant see it! cant feel it.

Mugen Power
07-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Haha, actually...

I left a patch of Meguiars wax on there by accident and didn't notice it until about a week later only because that spot was dull white as compared to the shiny paint. That stuff will attract dust if not wiped off. ;)

Karim
07-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
ewwww youll have a yellow car

and what's wrong with having a yellow car? :D ;)

Karim