PDA

View Full Version : Newly painted housing...

liljosh63
07-16-2003, 11:45 AM
I painted my headlamp housing a few days ago and i just washed it 2day. everything was fine until i came back outside about 2 hours later and there was a thick condensation inside the turn signal side of the light. I took the bulb out and stuck one of those silica gel packs in there and rubbed it over the moisture with my finger and it sucked it up quick. What can i do to prevent this in the future? and if it does happen again will the sun dry itout on a sunny day? maybe i should run a thick bead of silicone around the edge...i dunno.:(

Hatch, Si Hatch
07-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Yea, a think bead of silicone would do wonders.

On a unrelated note:
DUDE, you've got my rims...heheh

liljosh63
07-16-2003, 12:56 PM
lol yea those rims are badass huh? i have a tafetta white ep3. i'll post some pics soon

ep88
07-16-2003, 05:35 PM
mine has some condensation build up too...i just washed my car today and after an hour..... :'( :'( :'( i'm too lazy to put it in the oven and reseal 'em back. I'll probably do it when i'm at LA in 2 weeks :o

liljosh63
07-17-2003, 07:32 AM
you wont have to put them back in tha oven. just pull em off and run a thick bead around the crack and it should seal it up pretty good...i left tha silica gel pack in there overnight after i sealed it on the outside and then woke up and took tha pack out and ran water over the light and it has yet to condensate...so try that it may work for u

ep88
07-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by liljosh63
you wont have to put them back in tha oven. just pull em off and run a thick bead around the crack and it should seal it up pretty good...i left tha silica gel pack in there overnight after i sealed it on the outside and then woke up and took tha pack out and ran water over the light and it has yet to condensate...so try that it may work for u

thanks, I'll try putting some silicone on it. Probably the water is coming in from the sides :o