PDA

View Full Version : Please Help with system..how should i do this?

Chrisbgft
07-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Okay, here is my system...
1 Lanzar In-Dash Motorized screen w/ am/fm radio -TV Tuner also
1-DVD Player-not DIN Size
1 Kenwood CD/MP3 Headunit

Is it possible to to have the screen hooked up just for the DVD player? Then use the headunit like normal? The problem i see is that i cannot have both the Kenwood and Lanzar because their is only one power connection in the dash. That goes to the TV Tuner for power. That would leave the kenwood with no power. I dont know what to do. Really confused....Thanx.

Chrisbgft
07-16-2003, 01:07 PM
also, is it possible to do Double DIN in the EP? Some people say no, others yes..help me out!

oogy-boogy
07-16-2003, 07:36 PM
A couple of solutions for you: Click here and read this thread on the "add a circuit". (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12498&highlight=add+a+fuse) This will help you with your power dilemna.

As far as the double din is concerned, just order the install kit from crutchfield. It comes with the double din plate.

Let me know if you have any other q's and I'll be happy to help.
Hope this helps!:D

Chrisbgft
07-16-2003, 08:43 PM
See i dont think u understand my problem. U know how u sometimes need a wiring harness to connect the connection behind the radio to the headunit? Well, i basically need 2 coming from the car to connect Screen/TVtuner and then a basic CD Headunit. There is only 1 which goes into the headunit. It contains all the speaker wires, power, ground, all that shit. I need another to connect the Screen/tv tuner too. Since my Screen does not have a cd player in it. Do u know what i mean?

oogy-boogy
07-17-2003, 04:30 AM
Gotcha........In that case I'm a little unsure.:(

Do you have any pics of the harnesses?

gold si
07-17-2003, 08:10 AM
if you are going to run the audio from the tv tuner to the cd player, then from the harness the only wires that should need to go in to the tv are the power, ground and the brightness control wires.