PDA

View Full Version : cigarette lighter

jerky
07-16-2003, 01:53 PM
so who has one in the empty spot and can they give us a part number please. if you didn't get it from honda what kit did you get and from where? i am on a mission to fill in that spot with a cig lighter. i might even check out pep boys. let me know. thanks.

swapp99
07-17-2003, 02:22 AM
part# 391753 List for $30.59

The lighter is to replace the accessory outlet.
I modify mine by:

1. Dremeling the empty socket diameter, using the round sanding attachement, to make it fit the new cigarette lighter socket...go slow, try not to take off too much...test fitement.

2. I use appoxy glue on the under side to make the socket secure.

3. I then got the power source from the same accessorie outlet. Hard wired new wires to the new lighter using caps and female connectors . Note that the orginal accessorie outlet still works(cell phone charger). Female connectors goes onto the new lighter. Hot(red) inner plug Ground(BLK) outter plug. Use thicker gauge wire to be on the safe side... run long enough wire lenghtand make sure the wire does not interfer with shifter.

Lighter pictured is not the same one that came with order, I got the lighter from an BMW.. this replacement lighter I like better because it is shorter in profile. The one that came with this kit, I still have as a spare.

honda parts (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=ACCESSORIES+-+INTERIOR)

swapp99
07-17-2003, 02:23 AM
Picture #2

jerky
07-17-2003, 09:57 AM
dude that is fucking badass thanks alot!!!!

BlackNRedSi
07-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Its like, why didnt they just put it in in the first place, instead of making people go outa their way to do it theirselvs?

if u dont smoke, just dont use it, if u do, you can...IMO even if i wasnt a smoker (and i dont smoke in my EP) it looks better with something there, than nothing @ all

raiyo
11-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Thx for the idea. I kept thinking I want to put a garage opener there or leave it empty. I keep forgetting I could use an extra 12v outlet, hehe.

BTW, already got mines done. Went to my friend's shop and took a whole set out of a parts car. Cost me nothing, hehe

estebones
11-06-2003, 11:40 PM
SWAP99...

how did you get the shift knob to fit like that? i am needing some help on installing mine and dont want to wait and order a CTR boot :D
any help would be appreciated

--este

beansbear
11-07-2003, 03:42 PM
is that part number correct? my honda dealer said they dont have any numbers that match that.

SiR_d1
11-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey swapp99, what kind of shiftknob is that? It looks sweet:D

Civicvtec1ps
11-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
Hey swapp99, what kind of shiftknob is that? It looks sweet:D
skunk2

Brettnyt
11-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
skunk2

With Neuspeed short shift kit? that looks damn hot... How did u get the boot to stay up like that? Does skunk 2 directly fit? or do i have to use one of them crappy plastic adapters?

Civicvtec1ps
11-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
With Neuspeed short shift kit? that looks damn hot... How did u get the boot to stay up like that? Does skunk 2 directly fit? or do i have to use one of them crappy plastic adapters?
i dont think he has ss kit. boot is too tiny so it just looks like that . extended look. I think he has those shifter adapter that clubrsx sells. i could be wrong.

swapp99
11-07-2003, 09:23 PM
INFO: Yes its a SKUNK2 knob. and with the Short Shiter. For the install of the shift knob, please try to search for that page. But in short you install the ring upside down. oh and the model# for the cig lighter is what I got from my invoice from GOUDY Honda. I know you can find that lighter out there.

raiyo
11-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Here's a pic of my empty slot, heheh. Haven't wired it yet, but will soon. I don't smoke in the car, I dunno why I want it. More of something is better than nothing I guess.

I didn't buy the cig lighter. Tooked it off a parts car in my friend's shop. Cost me nothing, instead of that $30 bucks that site from above it charging. Go to Kragen or something. I saw a kit for like $8 dollars or so.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p6942eea6565fac6f37b0d3e82204d2db/fa9d3a72.jpg