PDA

View Full Version : should I wait for some shocks if coming out soon?

siver-SI
07-16-2003, 05:58 PM
I might be install my new springs soon since they are sitting in my room right now but what I am wondering I thought I heard some shocks were do by the end of summer and I was wondering if there were any updates on these and who is supose to come out with them again(could not find in search but know I read it)? Even if I can get their names and website I will contact and see. I would hate to tear apart my car and then a week or so latter find out shocks are out and I have to tear down my car again.

Thanks

trabadoo22
07-17-2003, 07:12 PM
I am in the same boat you are in. My main thing is I havn't fully decided if I want coiovers or if I should just install the springs I have. I know alot of people on here have had fairly good success with their stock shocks lastling a while; 8 months longest I've seen. It seems that the longevity of your shocks will depend on how you drive. As far as other companies release dates for shocks I'm not too sure, but I've heard sometime around October-December for Tokico shocks. It has been a while since I've read up on it so I may very well be wrong.

siver-SI
07-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Just checked their site they are saying fall/winter 2003-2004 for the Civic 01-03 models. I gave them a call though and left a message and I will see if they get back to me.

trabadoo22
07-17-2003, 08:05 PM
I just checked there too. By them saying 2001-2003 civic I am hoping that the shocks will be specific for the si. By the looks of it I'm not so sure they will be. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to suspension so I don't really know if shocks specific for our ep is important. I know with the Koni shocks there needs to be modification in order for them to fit, but I'm not sure if it because they arn't ep specific or just a poor design.

glw
07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
i visited the tokico booth at the hyperfest at ca speedway this past weekend. her book listed the 2002-04 si separately and that the non-adjustables as done. she said they are just waiting for inventory. the adjustables were listed as july 2003, but she said probably more like august.

for whatever it's worth, i understand from other forumns that they've been saying this for some time now with nothing available...

personally i'm waiting eagerly, i already have the sportline springs...

hth

siver-SI
07-17-2003, 08:46 PM
I called tokico and left a message for their sales department since they are closed told them I am looking for a 02-03 SI. See what happens. I also e-mails and I hate to say but I forgot now tonight too they make just shocks and hydrolics I found their name in a search and I e-mailed them. So I will see what happens.

Civicvtec1ps
07-17-2003, 09:01 PM
just wait..
no need to rush.
i had tein ss on my last ride(02 civic) . but i want something better but no cash haha.
thought about buying tein flex but costs too much.
waiting for tokico or kyb ... im not buying koni yellow

silver ep
07-17-2003, 09:04 PM
KW offers some nice coilovers for a decent price.

siver-SI
07-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
just wait..
no need to rush.
iwaiting for tokico or kyb ... im not buying koni yellow

That is who else I e-mailed KYB :). I have my sportlines laying on the floor right now in the box, but if either one of those 2 can give me a good release date that is about a month or so I will wait to do my install for a little.

02TafWhtSi
07-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Go with the Mugen Sports Suspension setup. Specially tuned shocks and springs designed to work specifically with one another. The drop is 1.4" and the spring rates are fairly high so handling will surely improve. My set is on backorder from King Motorsports (about a cool $G though) ;)

siver-SI
07-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Yea the Mugens are a little to rich for my blood but they are a nice setup. What is the warrenty on those?

I get a e-mail back from KYB and they said that the shocks would be out by the end of the year. So who knows for sure on those. I have not gotten a call back form tokico yet but I might try to get them a call this week if they do not and if I can get off of work at a good time.