PDA

View Full Version : Bent crankshaft pulley

ConeCrazy02
07-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Anyone know how a crankshaft pulley gets bent in the first place. Going to get it replace under warranty. Anyone know how whether it is safe to drive it for about 200miles?

JSIR
07-18-2003, 07:23 PM
that is very strange, it must have been damaged at the factory before the engine was lowered into the car or however they do that. Damn Brits must have bad eyesight allowing that to happen !

Joey

myeverlovinsir
07-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Hey, you got something against them brits? j/k.
Joey, you should change your sigi, well overdue don't you think? :D

Unless you just want to put "4th" in, lol!

ConeCrazy02
07-18-2003, 07:48 PM
This is the first time that I've found a defective part in the civic. I took it to the dealer today, and they couldn't hear it, but they checked and retighten everything just in case. Got the car back today, and the noise is still there, so I took it back. They finally caught the noise when i drove it to a quiet place. They found the cause of the noise and it is defective band in the auto tensioner, so pay attention to your engine bay for this noise, it is very easy to miss.

JSIR
07-18-2003, 07:52 PM
what does it sound like ?, I get a light chirping noise or whistling noise at idle on my engine which goes away as soon as I blip the throttle.

Glen, yeah I am so damn lazy lately , I need to change my sig on three different websites, gonna get to is soon. Thinking of jus changing the date and the "4th" like you said. he , he.

Joey