PDA

View Full Version : Got my wing today!

cbecker333
07-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks to JSIR for the instructions and prompt shipment!

:D
http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/car/winged%20001.JPG
http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/car/winged%20002.JPG
http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/car/winged%20003.JPG

phatfreeza
07-17-2003, 05:19 PM
o that is so sexy! :*

GIMME!!!

SiR Medic
07-17-2003, 05:30 PM
NOICE! :D

That's it! I'm ordering the GFX wing next time I'm at the Honda dealer!

p.s. CDM(Canadian Domestic Market) ow3nz joo!;)

TezGari
07-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Whats the cost, and it loooks like the type R wing right?? Does it have the LED brake light? Also, does it come painted, must be nice OEM...:)

STP03BlueSI
07-17-2003, 07:02 PM
nice wing. Damn i wish the GFX kit was advailable, here in the US:o

cbecker333
07-17-2003, 07:35 PM
HHAHA I phewled all of you! Its not the GFX kit, JSIR sold me his used replica wing and replaced it with the OEM wing that was mistakenly sent to him. He had the replica modified and painted to match the factory color already....actually JSIR says the color match is not as good on the factory wing:eek:

Yes, its the one with the LEDs...damn the profile of the rear end with brake lights lit up is sooo tight now - big improvement.

ep pilot
07-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Props out to all of you getting these wings, I like the wing don't get me wrong, but I think my car ought to be a lot faster than what it is before I can rock a wing of that size. I kinda like how wimpy my car looks stock, because it looks hella funny when you stomp a 99-00 Si or an SVT Focus or even an SE-R SpecV they just look at you like what???

If someone made a mid-wing like they do for GTi's and Focuses, you know the little wing that just sits at the edge of the glass near where the wiper sits, those are so sexy on hatchbacks.

-Ryan

LACH
07-17-2003, 07:54 PM
sweet wing man I have the GFX on mine and it looks almost identical to it!!! I'll post some pics soon if you want to compare.

BlackNRedSi
07-17-2003, 08:06 PM
please post pics of the GFX wing

JSIR
07-18-2003, 08:49 PM
nice install Chris, you work fast man!. The GFX wing looks almost identical, only way you would tell the diff. is that the LED brake light is smaller on the GFX wing, the replica wing has a wider brake light. Chris got the red LED light on his wing, not all replicas have that. The replica wing is slightly thicker in some areas under the spoiler corners, looks a bit beefier, but not a huge amount. The replica wing is fibreglass construction, you get a couple small waves in the material but very minor, the GFX wing is ABS plastic.

looks good Chris, you need to get the front lower GFX lip now to round things off nicely.

take care

Joey

cbecker333
07-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by JSIR

looks good Chris, you need to get the front lower GFX lip now to round things off nicely.

Ok but first I gotta get faster! Hondata + better tires, then more body upgrades :cool:

IceD out N CALI
07-19-2003, 11:49 AM
nice wing, nice upgrade for the ep

ragebomb
07-21-2003, 06:58 PM
The wing looks terrific! I just did a healthy search on the site (which I should have done earlier, sorry) and man my eyes were opened! I had no idea a GFX kit had come to Canada. I love the fact that the kit parts are Honda manufactured, and comes with all the right parts and templates, but the end product looks a little watered down, like they did the best they could to work with the bumpers we got.

Not to mention, those bumper reflectors/lights really are what bother me about the US/CAN versions. They really ruin the flow of the car. If I even get up the money for a lip or kit, I think I'll have to spring for a kit that replaces everything all together.

I have a black si, I'm thinking about using that "smoke out" black paint on my red/orange bumper reflectors. Anyone ever seen pictures of what that looks like?

laters.

Perry

02TafWhtSi
07-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Looks great! :)

word...booty
07-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Got my replica wing from the same place as JSIR. I would've got the Honda one but it wasn't out when I bought mine. I am definetely happy with it, the paint is matched perfectly.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p81bd93d47360dc9fb5857b40cb5e0a57/fb96936d.jpg

scott
07-28-2003, 03:42 AM
wings west has a mid wing ryan