PDA

View Full Version : vtec controller???

Febrezee
08-24-2002, 07:26 PM
Well, is it possible.. Can we hook a an apexi vtec controller???

02blksi
08-24-2002, 09:28 PM
welp, i dont think we can use a vtec controller. Due to the fact that we have the forever adjusting intelligent vtec. Therefore there really isnt (i dont know for sure i-vtec though!) a preset engagement rpm for vtec ... an AFC controller on the other hand i think we could use just fine! --joe who could be wrong!

sicivic2002
08-25-2002, 12:21 AM
I believe there is a set point where vtec engages. If I remember right from tech articles I've read the I in I-vtec only means that the car also has VTC.

madbrain
08-25-2002, 04:37 PM
The "I" in I-VTEC stands for intelligent and the VAFC is not compatible with this system. The ECM automatically changes the VTEC ingagement when it senses certain conditions relative to RPM and input from intake and exhaust sensors. Unless you are planning to go FI the VAFC would not be needed.

There is another option from TODA Racing, they claim that their adjustable cam gears "take the I out of I-VTEC" if this is true then the VAFC would be compatible.

ssvr6
08-26-2002, 07:19 AM
Here's TODA's page for the RSX-S.

http://www.todaracing.com/dc5.html

It looks pretty interesting.

Steve

themi6group
08-26-2002, 05:55 PM
true, the apex vafc doesn't work on our cars. i just sold one from my other ride. you really only need a fuel controller for a heavier modded ride. just wait until one comes out for the 02.