PDA

View Full Version : I'm pissed! Dealers suck! Who do I contact on a national level?

hypnoj
07-18-2003, 08:28 AM
I really hate dealers. Who do I contact on a national level to yell at for my dealership being incompetant??

(If you want to hear my story keep reading, if you've heard enough sob stories, just please reply on my situation. thanks.)

I bought my car at night (black paint) and when I looked at it in the light I noticed some major paint fading errors. Because of my work/school schedule I had my wife take the car in and all they did was polish the paint errors. It looked good, until I washed the car. I took it in to get fixed, they repainted the car and left more paint and clearcoat errors (leaf patterns). I took the car back in and argued for about an hour. They said it was because of sap, I cried bullshit, and they decided to repaint it. I came to pick it up a week later and it's repainted but with huge gouges in the paint. I yelled again and they decided to repaint it again. I still don't have it and I'm very upset. I love my car, I just hate the dealer who sold it too me. what should I do?

TezGari
07-18-2003, 08:34 AM
If ur problem is not being solved by the dealer, and it is something serious u can contact Honda of America...Thats what i did about my scratch....Dealers treated me bad because i was young...Now whos laughing......:rolleyes:

BlackNRedSi
07-18-2003, 08:37 AM
:( Go to Hondas website, look up the contact information for the corp. office...

get one of the appraisers on the phone tell them your story...They will go out and appraise your car to make sure it meets up to Hondas standards....

Sorry Jim! :(

IceD out N CALI
07-18-2003, 09:21 AM
honda corporate, keep buggin them

SiRRider
07-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Tell them you wanted painted at another Honda Dealer around your area. They cant Paint!!!!!!!!!

beansbear
07-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Thats horrible!
The day I bought my car, the sun was going down already and they had the car under a bay area where they accept the cars. I noticed a few things right off the bat and listed to the dealer on what to fix. Unfortunately i did not see 2 dents on both doors and the fact that the entire car was covered in swirlmarks and cobwebs. I only found them the next day during bright daylight and i could only see the dents at certain angles. it looked like someone took a dirty rag and wiped the entire car down with it.

The dealership fixed the dents and buffed out the paint so im happy about that much. It's not perfect but better than what it looked like before.

glw
07-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by hypnoj
I really hate dealers. Who do I contact on a national level to yell at for my dealership being incompetant??check into the lemon laws for your state. my friend got the dealer to buy back his truck (ford) because of paint problems -- they repainted it like 3 times and couldn't get it right. it might be time to start writing letters. if i recall, he had to write a few and it took a couple of months, but he got all his money back... every payment... and he had it for over a year (although a lot of that time it was at the body shop).

good luck!

BlackNRedSi
07-18-2003, 12:33 PM
WOW yea thats a good idea...

my friend bought a car and that happened too...only it was the engine, i am sure they will do the same with the paint....

I am sure its all documented with Honda, so i think you can call lemmon law on them!

I hope everything works out for you jim!

BTW, are you going to the meet tomorro, or are you studyin for your boards?

if your going to be there, ill holla @ ya there, if your going to be studyin, good luck with your studies for the board, and good luck on the test!

and if you dont have time to call honda, give me a call or PM me with the information you have, i have free time @ work all day long, so i can make calls!

Eric

VBSI
07-18-2003, 01:01 PM
I would not accept a brand new car that had to be re-painted-no way, no how. There is no way that the car will look totally new after a re-spray. Cry bloody murder until you get new paint on a brand new EP-and don't take that tainted one-that's what auctions are for.

BarracksSi
07-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
I am sure its all documented with Honda, so i think you can call lemmon law on them!

And I'm going to assume that you've got all your relevant documentation as well, hypnoj?

Dealer's can't jerk you around if you've got everything in order. Now go kick some ass. :D

glizard
07-18-2003, 03:51 PM
contact the dealer and arrange to meet w/ the district service mgr
at the meeting make sure you specifically show all problems or bring someone else maybe w/bodyshop exp. to show the defect(s). unfortunately you must not blame the dealer they are now no longer involved.they are unable to make the decision to buy-back or repaint w/o further approval.Honda corp. and the honda legal dept. will now be responsible for your vehicle repair/replacement.
best bet is to contact the customer service line in Torrence California and they will handle your case .good luck but i must say it will be a long annoying time before it is over.