PDA

View Full Version : got my car back from dealer with more problems....

staticflo
07-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Alright, i take my car into my dealer to have a rattling in the sunroof fixed and to have the clicking in my clutch fixed, well after many trips back, today, i finally get my car back with a new master cylinder and no rattle in the sunroof, only theres another problem. Now instead of the clutch clicking when it is first pushed in, when i let it out it makes a CHING sound, haha i know that may be hard to understand and it is hard to explain, but it almost sounds like two pieces of metal hitting against each other. It's even more annoying the the clicking. If anyone has any info on why this is happening on what to do about i would greatly appreciate it. I hate to have something wrong with my car and im sick and tired of taking it back to my dealer....

im sorry but i thought Honda was supposed to have the best quality cars out there.....never with my previous car did i make as many trips back to my dealer in the first 9k miles, this is ridiculous. I dont know if i will ever consider buying a Honda again due to this poor service im receiving, and im only 18 yrs old so i have many cars still to purchase in my lifetime....way to go Honda you just lost yourself a loyal customer......

Dunrick
07-18-2003, 02:14 PM
I think I got the rattling crap in my sunroof....it sounds like the whole car is creaking a little...then I started to stick my head around and it seems like its coming out of the sunroof......

is that sort of what your car did with the sunroof?

EKthenEPnow
07-18-2003, 02:17 PM
my sunroof rattles as well

W

sonic imperial
07-18-2003, 02:21 PM
That worries me about the cmc. I'm supposed to get that replaced next week also for the clicking problem but if you go from one problem to another then forget it. I don't know why they didn't test drive it or test it out before handing it over. Did you tell them before leaving the parking lot? About the rattles, my car rattles and creaks all over, especially uneven pavement. My car is bone stock as well so it should be "tight" since nothing has been loosened, but so much for that theory.

cbecker333
07-18-2003, 02:22 PM
The original clicking sound in the clutch is a honda problem, yes, but the rest sounds less like a problem with Honda's and more like a problem specifically with your dealer. Sounds like a tech did crappy work or just didn't even spend 1 minute driving your car after having it all torn apart. Or he did give it a try and chose to ignore the new problem that he added to the mix.

I hope it all works out - good luck.

staticflo
07-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
I think I got the rattling crap in my sunroof....it sounds like the whole car is creaking a little...then I started to stick my head around and it seems like its coming out of the sunroof......

is that sort of what your car did with the sunroof?

yea it only hapened with the sunroof opened, first they tried anti-vibration tape, and it didnt work so they had to open up the roof liner and re pad it its fine now....

staticflo
07-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by sonic imperial
That worries me about the cmc. I'm supposed to get that replaced next week also for the clicking problem but if you go from one problem to another then forget it. I don't know why they didn't test drive it or test it out before handing it over. Did you tell them before leaving the parking lot? About the rattles, my car rattles and creaks all over, especially uneven pavement. My car is bone stock as well so it should be "tight" since nothing has been loosened, but so much for that theory.

didnt tell them before i left i noticed it driving home, but i dont even think im going to take it back to them im hoping someone on here can help give me a fix, last time i took it there they were supposed to order the cmc and then i waited and waited and called and they were like o sorry we have no record of having ordered that part so i had to stop back in have them order it and leave it there again for them to fix, its a pain in the ass and im sick of it....

ep pilot
07-18-2003, 07:02 PM
My sunroof creaks too, I don't pay it much attention anymore though. It only happens ever so often though.

-Ryan

02TafWhtSi
07-20-2003, 02:55 PM
my driver side window rattles and has been for the last 5K miles :(

Endless_EP
07-21-2003, 11:13 AM
I feel you, man. I always thought Honda makes quality and reliable car. Anyhow. EP3 is still a good car. I love it eventhough it has so many problems. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Personally, I believe there is only a few REAL Honda technicians and most of them does not have a clue except few minor things. By the way, I also have rattling sound from my moonroof and passenger sidedoor and in the center air vent. I don't really want to brin it back because I am afraid that they might cause another problem and do a "mickey mouse" job on it..

staticflo
07-21-2003, 11:17 AM
The problem with my sunroof was fixed and has not made a sound since. At first they just put vibration tape around the roof like i said, but after it still made the noise and i took it back they opened up the headliner, and one of the brackets that support the headliner was loose and that was making the rattling. Surprisingly, they re-padded my roof liner good and the sound is gone, very impressive because my dealership is ran by idiots!!!

j spek chucks
07-21-2003, 04:20 PM
that sucks i took my car to hond to get the tranny worked on and they busted my wind sheld but they did fix with an oem one