PDA

View Full Version : To those with the clicking clutch pedal

sonic imperial
07-18-2003, 02:29 PM
I'm scheduled to get my clutch master cylinder replaced next week, although I'm a little concerned over the thread where another noise developed after replacement. Is there any reason to believe the replacement part will outlast the original part or will we be going through this again in a couple thousand miles? Just curious because I don't have the time or patience to take it to the dealer every 8,000 miles. What do you think?

David K.
07-18-2003, 06:36 PM
I had this problem. When I took it to my dealer they replaced the whole pedal assembly, but there was no mention of the master cylinder. Anyways, it was fine for exactly one week then I got the same creaking noise again, only this time it seems to come and go. I decided to say fuck it, it's not doing nearly as much anymore and I don't have the time to let Honda scratch their heads while they have my car. I'm waiting to see if a service bulletin or recall comes around, but I've not heard of anything yet.

SiRRider
07-18-2003, 07:00 PM
I had this clicking prob 2 and they just greased it. Im sure its going to come back and I hope they do put out a service bulletin (recall). It drives me up the wall.

02SilverSiHB
07-18-2003, 10:25 PM
they greased mine, works just fine now.

cbecker333
07-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by David K.
When I took it to my dealer they replaced the whole pedal assembly, but there was no mention of the master cylinder. Anyways, it was fine for exactly one week then I got the same creaking noise again, only this time it seems to come and go.

My situation is EXACTLY the same except that in addition I have taken the car in recently and they are now replacing the clutch master cylinder......

Surprise
07-18-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by SiRRider
I had this clicking prob 2 and they just greased it. Im sure its going to come back and I hope they do put out a service bulletin (recall). It drives me up the wall.

Service bulletin number 02-002, deals with the "Clutch Pedal Squeak Upon Application" problem. My dealership had to order the grease, once they applied it my pedal seems to be fine.

Note that a "recall" is far more serious than a technical service bulletin. A recall is just that, Honda would have to send out a letter to every specific vehicle owner requesting them to bring the vehicle in. A TSB is merely a somewhat frequent problem that a number of vehicles have and a suggested method of repairing a complaint.

TSB for 2002 Honda Civic Si (http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/022451AP.html)

dchu
07-19-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm guessing is the clutch release pivot bolt. There's a fork that pivots on a bolt in the tranny when ever you depress the clutch. It's supposed to be greased but over time the grease wears off and you'll get a squeak. Both of my brothers civics have the same problem.