PDA

View Full Version : yet another problem

staticflo
07-19-2003, 05:34 PM
okay i just got my car back from honda yesterday with a new clutch master cylinder and they fixed the rattle in my sunroof, now i have a new problem.

when i am in 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear and push the throttle a little more then halfway down my car sounds very deep, a lot different then before. it almost sounds as if i have an aftermarket exhaust (im all stock by the way) now i dunno if my dealer messed something up when replacing my cmc or whats going on but any insight on what might be wrong or how i might fix it would really be great. Thanks in advance....

-mike

TomR123
07-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Is this in low rpm range, if so it sounds like the hose coming from the inlet of the airbox is removed or disconnected. Thats about all I can think of.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
07-19-2003, 06:52 PM
yup...they didnt put your stock airbox back together correctly.

IceD out N CALI
07-19-2003, 06:56 PM
see if u can get under and around the car to check the hoses, clamps etc that they're all fastened correctly

staticflo
07-19-2003, 07:02 PM
would they have taken apart my stock airbox to fix the cmc? ill check this out tomorrow when i get some light and let everyone know. i really appreciate the help guys!

-mike

cbecker333
07-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by staticflo
would they have taken apart my stock airbox to fix the cmc?

Yes, because the clutch master cylinder lives in that area, right near the fuse box and brake fluid reservoir.

staticflo
07-20-2003, 03:02 PM
ok i checked this all out, but someone mentioned about it happening in the low RPM's like i said its when i put the throttle more then halfway to the floor, and it is not very low rpm's, i tryed to look at the airbox and nothing seemed loose.....damn this is annoying.....

-mike

ok took another look and i did find a hose that wasnt connected at all! damn, my dealership is just a bunch of idiots, well i took it back today and made them fix it....and what do u know, no more noise, thanks for everyones help!!!!